More Than Just The Butterflies

Didn't know I like Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

More Than Just The Butterflies 

A JenniexOC ending

 

Having somebody's arms wrapped around you would make you feel secured, loved, and comfortable, especially when you know that that someone will always be there for you no matter what. This is what it's like with Jen. Although she didn't look like it at first, she was more on comfort and security. It felt nice to have something certain, but whether that was what I was really looking for, I'm still figuring it out.

 

Once my tears of stress dried out, I turned to face Jen, wanting to hold her hand but chose not to. I believe that my right to hold my girlfriend's hand was forfeited right after the wrong name slipped out of my mouth. I'd apologize for a million times if that's what it takes to have that right back. "I'm really sorry about what happened back at my family's reunion. I really, really don't know why I said that."

I was prepared for any snarky remarks or even silence, but what I did not prepare for was seeing her with a small smile on her face. "I'll let it go for now. It can happen to anyone."

"No it doesn't." This wasn't right. If it was me, I wouldn't let myself get out of it easily. I made a mistake, a horrible one, and I have to make up for the damage I've caused. I'm really not that irresponsible at the very least. "Tell me how I can make it up to you."

Lacing her fingers with mine, she placed our hands on her lap. "It's fine Y/N. I already forgive you."

"No, Jen. Please just tell me what I should do." She should still be angry. She should make me work for her trust again, which is what I'm going to do even if she wouldn't make me. 

Although looking through another perspective, this might be the torture I have to endure, feeling like a very bad guy. Every time I was late at out dates, Jen wouldn't even get mad at me, she'll say she understands, and now, with this? This is punishment masking as forgiveness and understanding. 

Jennie sighed at my persistence, then shrugged. Finally. "Okay, just take me out on a date, all on yours."

Catching up to the obvious fact that Jen wouldn't really want me to go all out just to prove how I regret my actions, I didn't push any further and just decided to compromise. "Okay. We'll go out tomorrow then!"

 "Y/N. It's just Tuesday tomorrow."

"Oh. Right. I forgot." "On Saturday then."

As the girl beside me slowly nods, I can't help but stare. It's a real wonder how I got to be with someone who loves selflessly, someone so great and vulnerable, someone who still wants to be with me even after my mistakes.

"What?" 

I shook my head, smiling. "Nothing."

Being that it's already dark and we still have school tomorrow, I stood up from the curb, pulling Jen up. We walked side by side, until she suddenly stopped her tracks. 

"Your house is that way, remember?" She asked, more like stated, pointing behind us.

"I thought I was walking you home." I knew she wasn't going to allow me to walk her home, which is why I was trying my best to be discreet about it. I guess I could've done better.

Letting go of my hand, she crossed her arms. "Well, that's what you thought."

"Come on! Just this one time."

"It's already quarter to nine, I can't have you walking back home alone."

It's my turn to cross my arms. Why does she always have to win? "Well, I can't have you walking back home alone too."

"Y/N." The way she said my name made me pout lowkey, but not wanting to upset her, I decided to let her have it, at least for now.

"Okay, okay." Sometimes she really makes me feel like I'm a kid. 

 

Tuesday came and as much as I'm very thankful that Jennie had forgiven me and Jisoo started talking to me already, Chaeng and Lisa were still in my "Avoid at all cost" list. Nothing much was on my agenda for today except to look out for both of them in case they try and and talk to me. Two subjects have passed and so far, so good. I haven't had any classes with any of them, however, there's bound to be a subject that I shared with either of the two. Unfortunately, my next class, literature, was one of them. 

One of the obvious pre-caution that I had to take was not sitting beside Chaeng. Although I knew that what I'm doing is a low blow since we've always sitted next each other, I opted to take the seat next to mark. 

Right when Chaeng entered the classroom and saw me already sitting with someone else, I didn't need to look at her to know that she was disappointed at what I did. The pettiness is real.

Switching seats didn't make my life easier. Although Chaeng was seated three chairs away from me, I could still see every move she makes. It also didn't really help that I know she's been glancing at me every couple of minutes. 

Soon enough, the bell rang, indicating that it was lunch time already, which I would be skipping just for today. Quickly after being dismissed, I stood up, giving my best to avoid being confronted by Chaeng.

"Y/N." And yes, of course, she would be calling me. 

Choosing to ignore her, I continued walking towards the door. Just a little bit more and I'll be able to escape her. 

"Y/N."

Right when I was about to leave the room, Chae swiftly moved in front of me, blocking the doorway.

"Y/N just hear me out. Please?" She was desperate and she was making it hard for me to stay mad at her.

As much as I planned to not talk to her for the whole day, seeing her like this felt like someone pinched my heart. "Go on."

A look of relief flashed on her face before she started explaining. "When I found out that it was Lisa, I badly wanted to tell you, believe me. It was so hard to keep it in. But I wanted Lisa to tell you herself. I just didn't want to get in between and I knew it would've been better if you heard it directly from her and not just from anybody."

"But you're not just anybody. You're my friend."

Chaeng sighed, bit her lips, and ran her fingers through her hair, something I notice she does when she's frustrated. "Y/N. You have---"

"Okay I'm sorry. I sound so childish right now." I couldn't help but chuckle at my own actions. It's as if my soul got out of my body for a second and I just watched myself act all stupid and immature about this. 

It wasn't her fault at all. She was just trying to help someone and here I am, my usual open-mindedness gone all of a sudden. 

"Are we good now? I really don't want you to stay mad at me."

"Yeah. I'm sorry." Offering a small smile, I took a step closer, pulling her into a hug. Never mind the students looking at us with teasing smiles nor the students who just rolled their eyes since we were basically blocking one of the doors. All I could focus on now was how great it feels to have my friend back.

 

Going to my next class after break, I wasn't too eager to attend the subject since our history teacher is quite the strict one. Although having Jen with me in the class makes it not so bad. 

Jen and I came to class together as she waited for me after the break. We were going to sit next to each other but then we were reminded that our teacher already had a seating arrangement plan prepared since last meeting. 

"But I want to sit next to you." Jennie whined, whispering so as to not have others hearing our conversation. 

"It's just for an hour, Jen. Besides, you're like, only four tables away from me."

" "Only four tables"? More like, four miles away." It was hone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter