An End and A Beginning

Didn't know I like Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 22

An end and a beginning

 

Chaeyoung was gone when I went after her. I wandered around, hoping to catch a glimpse of her, hoping to tell her that I've decided. 

There were no stars tonight, and just like what I predicted, one by one, droplets of water touched my skin. 

It was getting late, it was raining, and my calls were directed to voice mail. But I definitely wasn't going to give up. No way. 

Having checked around the area twice already, I decided to try looking at their house. It was my last resort. And as if it was fate urging me to be with Chaeyoung, right when I had my sight on their house, I saw her closing her bedroom's curtains. 

Without wasting anymore time, I ran up to their gate and rang the doorbell. Once, twice, thrice, and then the light , follwing the opening of Chaeyoung's curtains. There she was, squinting to see who was ringing their doorbell annoyingly. I was sure her mom wouldn't be home just yet. 

Assuming that she couldn't recognize me due to the heavy rain and the dim street lamps, I called, "Park Chaeyoung, I'm sorry for everything that I did!"

"Y/N! What the hell are you doing standing there?! Wait for me!" 

A couple of seconds later, the door opened and out came chaeyoung, looking all worried. She ushered me inside. I stood at their living room, water dripping from my hair and clothes. 

I could feel her staring at me but I couldn't look elsewhere other than the floor and the puddle I was creating. She sighed, finally breaking the silence. "Wait here." I watched as she disappeared upstairs. It wasn't long till she came down, clothes and a towel in hand. 

xxx

I've thought of what I would say to Chaeyoung before I went here at her house. I've had it all engraved in my mind. I was going to knock, she'll open the door, then I would tell her how much she means to me and that I love her. Nothing was going as planned as we sat at the sofa, staring at my feet, all the awkwardness decided to make me feel its presence. What was wrong with me? Apparently everything.

"Y/N, why are you here?"

I looked up and met her curious eyes. This is it. Taking a deep breath, I wished I'll be able to say all of what I wanted, "I came here to say sorry---"

"I understand. I'm sorry if I was being selfish earlier. Well...Umm... I'll just wish that you and Jennie will be happy." She's too good to be true.

"No, I was going to say, sorry it took so long for me to finally stop being a coward and choose what I really love. I should've done this right when I realized that I'm in love with somebody else, and that somebody else is not Jennie." They say your eyes speak of volumes, if that's true, Chaeyoung would have known what I meant.

Her eyebrows furrowed. "W-what do you---"

Gaining a little bit of confidence out of nowhere, I scooted closer, placing my hands softly on both her cheeks, and finally catching her lips. I could tell she was surprised, but slowly, our lips where in sync, and there was no denying that our hearts were in sync as well. 

xxx

Everything was so alive. 

It had been two days since chaeyoung and I became official and I couldn't be any happier. I knew I made the right choice. 

Although Jen and I haven't talked yet, it's just right to give her distance. We broke up in good terms and I'm hoping that we'll be able to be friends when all hearts are mended.

For now, I'm going to live my life in the moment and appreciate everything that I have right now, and that includes Jisoo. 

It was S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter