es and Cream

Didn't know I like Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An obligatory update bc BlackPink Comeback duh 😎

Chapter 8

es and Cream

 

I would’ve lied if I said I haven’t thought of what Jennie told me, about her liking me. There were countless of times when it crossed my mind. Especially when she’s always around me and keeps on saying and doing things that make my heart flutter. She really has her charms. However that charms of hers are also the reason why I’m dubious when it comes to her. If she can use those charms to me then she can use it to others as well. After all, attraction for players are merely ephemeral. 

 

But then again, since when did I even started liking girls? I’ve never questioned my uality over the years, and yet, here I am thinking about it. There’s nothing wrong with it, I believe, but it’s just plain confusing and I’m not even sure if my feelings for a certain girl is real or plain admiration.

 

One thing is for sure though, which I came to accept, there are girls in this school that’s making my heart waver, and one of them definitely has to be Jennie. 

 

Jennie had walked me to class, which I shared with Lisa. The class wasn’t really interesting for me to keep me awake, thankfully enough, I have a shoulder to rest on. 

 

“Hey. Wake up. It’s already break time.” Someone shook my shoulders, waking me up from my lovely sleep. But god I missed the whole lecture. 

 

“I’m sorry I used your shoulders. I didn’t mean to sleep throughout the whole class.” A yawn escaped my mouth as I stood up and fixed my things. I’m quite sure I slept for more than 8 hours last night. 

 

“It’s fine. You can use it whenever you want.” Lisa smiled and hooked her arms onto mine and we went to the cafeteria, which wasn’t as packed as it normally would. “You weren’t able to get enough sleep?” She asked and I could feel that she’s worried. 

 

“I had a good night sleep but then, there’s no ‘enough sleep’ for me.” Maybe it’s because of anemia that I’m always drowsy even with sufficient amount of sleep. 

 

Lisa’s friend, I remember him because of his platinum white hair, came over at our table. He introduced himself as Bambam. Only now have I found out that Lisa was from Thailand, and that Bambam and she were friends even way before. 

 

“You two have been friends since you’re eight?” I just had to verify what I’ve heard. Bambam had been telling me stories and facts about Lisa and he mentioned their long lasting friendship.

 

Lisa nodded. She was just listening at what Bambam was saying and sometimes she would cover his mouth when he’s talking too much. 

 

“I’m just curious, I hope you guys don’t mind.” Bambam and Lisa leaned in closer to me and they looked like they were expecting a lot from what I’m about to say. “You guys have been friends for years, haven’t you like, thought of each other as more than friends?”

 

“Eew No.”

 

“Gross.”

 

They looked at each other and grimaced. They’re actually cute though. But they obviously don’t like it.

 

The two started talking about their dance routine and such while I look around for Chaeng and Wendy. I haven’t seen both of them since the morning. 

I decided to send Chaeyoung a message that I’m already at the cafeteria and asked whether she has already eaten. 

 

A couple of minutes later, my phone vibrated and I quickly opened it to see Chaeng’s reply, but to my disappointment, it wasn’t from Chaeng. 

 

Why am I even disappointed? It’s not like I’m expecting her to answer immediately. Or am I?

 

The message was from the art club. It says that there would be a sort of like an audition on who can join the club. It will be held on Monday after lunch, those who signed up will be excused on the class after lunch. We were asked to bring a canvas and some oil paint as well. 

 

Break time was already over and yet Chaeyoung hasn’t replied nor seen the message I sent. She’s probably busy with her duties. 

 

 

I shared my next class with Jennie. As expected, she sat beside me as close as she can. By now I’m not too bothered by it since she had always been of close proximity and had always been touchy. But it still doesn’t change the fact that my breath would hitch and my heart would start pounding occasionally. I don’t think I’ll be able to get accustomed with that.

 

The teacher had only discussed for not more than 15 minutes when he gave out papers for us to answer. He then sat at his chair, took out his phone, and I assume that he’s watching some videos. Teachers aren’t supposed to be indolent. They’re being paid and yet all they do is sit around and blame it all to us if we get low scores. 

 

“You’re done already?” Jennie whispered once I placed down my pen. She had finished earlier than me, although I don’t know whether she finished early because she knew all the answers or she finished early because she guessed it all. Either way, it’s not my concern anymore.

 

I nodded in response, then she rested her head on her palm and faced me. Jennie told me that she’ll burst my ‘naivety’ and expose me to the ‘dirty cruel world’ as she says it. It’s not like I have a choice, so I just let her talk.

 

“I really don’t want to do this, but I don’t want you going around talking to people and obliviously say something with double meaning and they might take it as a ‘sign’ or something.” Jennie explained with matching hand gestures. She actually looked quite serious about this. 

 

“Okay?”

 

“So, a perfect example is the one you said earlier this morning. You told Miss President that you ‘slept with me’.” 

 

I looked at her, telling her to continue.

 

“When you say you ‘slept with someone’, it can mean that you had with someone. Basically, you told our dear president that you had with me.”

 

Wait what? She’s kidding right? but that’s not what I meant! Why would Chaey—- Oh. Is that why she got angry earlier? Then that means she’s ignoring me because of it. I messed up.

 

“See what I mean?” “What else?….” Jennie looked up to the ceiling as if having a hard time thinking, while I’m left speechless. Seriously though, how did I not know about that?

“Oh! Crazy in bed! When I told you that, you thought that it meant kicking and moving around a lot when you sleep.” Right, I remember that. “It actually means that you’re…How do I say this? You’re ‘wild’ when doing ‘the act’. Get it?” 

 

Holy sh—— that explains why Chaeng’s face got so red! Oh god how embarrassing! But she didn’t even try to tell me!

 

As I wallow in embarrassment, I ended up looking at my right, which I regret immediately because someone was looking at me, actually more like glaring. Where have I seen her before? Oh! She’s the girl at the restroom yesterday. 

 

That reminds me, I have to stay away from Jennie just like she said. I should stay out of trouble this school year. Thankfully for me, the bell rang just in time. Now I have an escape route. “I’ll…I’ll go to my class first. I don’t want to be late. Bye.” I stood up quickly, and shoved my notebook in my bag and hurriedly went out. It’s better to avoid the drama and threat.

 

Language is my next class. Unfortunately, I had to go back to my locker for the book. My forgetfulness had struck again. 

 

Right after I got my book from my locker, Lisa’s voice rang through my ears. “______!” 

 

I closed my locker and saw Lisa walking towards me with her usual bright smile. “Hey Lisa.”

 

She showed me her drink and smiled even widely, if that’s still possible, considering that she already was wearing a big smile when I saw her. “Here. I bought it earlier, but don’t worry, it’s still hot.” Lisa was about to hand me the drink she apparently bought, when a raspy voice stopped her. 

 

“Hey ____! I bought you a…” Jisoo stood beside Lisa and eyed her from head to toe then to the drink Lisa was holding. “What’s that?” She raised an eyebrow at Lisa, who’s smile turned into a frown.

 

“Tea.”

 

Jisoo scoffed and faced me. “Tea doesn’t do much. This will give you energy.” She showed me the can of energy drink. Actually, I think I’ll need both since I’m especially sleepy today.

 

“Energy drinks are bad for the health. Drink mine instead.” Lisa took my hand and forcefully handed it to me, while Jisoo scrunched her face and turned to face the taller one. 

 

“This isn’t bad for her health! Why would I give it to _____ if it is bad?” Jisoo glared at Lisa, who didn’t seemed fazed about it.

 

“It is! Do some research!” 

 

“Are you saying that I’m dumb?”

 

Lisa straightened her back, towering over Jisoo. “What if I am?”

 

This two are giving me headache. I swear if I stay here and listen to them longer, I would have needed to go to the infirmary already. “Oh my god stop fighting, will you? I’ll drink both.” I took Jisoo’s energy drink in my right hand while Lisa’s tea was on my left, and went to my next class, leaving the two standing by my locker, glaring at each other. 

 

 

Classes had gone by fast and it was already time for me to go to the gym. Jennie was waiting for me outside my last class and we both went to the gym together. 

 

“How did you know my last class?” I don’t remember telling her.

 

“I have my ways.” Jennie smirked and then winked. That’s her signature move, I swear.

 

Some of the team were already dressed so I quickly went to the locker room where I left a couple of my shirts so I wouldn’t have to bring one every training. 

 

“You can’t forget our date, okay?” Jennie leaned on the lockers while I open mine.

 

I must’ve gasped when I saw what happened to the inside of my locker since Jennie worriedly went behind me and looked inside. 

 

My dri-fit shirts were all cut out and written inside is ‘stay away’ using a red lipstick. Great. This is what I get for not locking my locker. It’s called a locker for goodness sake. I’m so dumb.

 

“Do you have any idea who did this?” The grip Jennie has on the locker door was tight and I was sure that her eyes had fire on them. 

 

There’s only one person who did it, and I’m sure of it. However, I won’t tell Jennie since she’s partly involved in this. But that doesn’t hide the fact that I’m very pissed right now and I just want to go where that girl is and slap her hard in the face. 

 

Breathing in and breathing out, I calmed myself down and told Jennie that I had no idea. Now how am I supposed to attend training? I could just use the shirt that I’m wearing now but then it’s quite fitted and can almost be called a crop top. I can’t play with that.

 

“Here. Use this instead. Can you move around with this?” Jennie handed me her sweater. It wasn’t that thick so I think it’ll work for now. I’m kind of desperate since the training is about to start, so I accepted the sweater and quickly changed. Thankfully, I didn’t place my running shorts inside that locker. Imagine the horror having to wear skinny high waisted jeans while running around and shooting balls.

 

The training went on smoothly. We played sort of a tournament where the winners play against each other and the losers play against each other. By the end of the training, Mia gathered all of us and announced that there’s an upcoming game three weeks from now. She said that there’s no need to worry much since the opposing team is an easy one. But of course, that doesn’t mean that we can slack off. 

 

 

Mom is too busy to pick me up. She’s doing all the work so that she can cancel all her appointments for Saturday. 

 

I was on my way out of the school when I saw Chaeyoung walking ahead of me.

 

“Chaeng!” I ran to catch up at her pace and walked beside her. “Are you still mad at me?” 

 

She sighed and continued walking. “I’m not mad at you.”

 

Liar. It’s obvious that she is. “You are. You’re not even looking at me.”

 

“I’m not mad, I’m just busy,” She said, this time looking at me. Chaeyoung then looked around before asking in a tone that I can’t figure out what. “You’re not with Jennie?”

 

“She had to go home early.” She was supposed to walk me home but then her dad called.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter