Millions of Butterflies

Didn't know I like Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 5

Millions of butterflies

 

The bright sun rays went through the white curtains and hit my face. Usually I would groan to this and turn away from the light, but miraculously I felt very light and peaceful at the moment, something I rarely felt ever since I started having nightmares. But I didn’t have one today. 

 

I closed my eyes once again and turned around to avoid the light, but I wasn’t planning on going to sleep again, I was fully awake already but I just wanted to lay down at my comfy bed and fluffy pillows. 

 

But then it dawned to me. I don’t have white curtains, but why was it white? I shot my eyes open and to my surprise, Chaeyoung was right in front of me, her arms on my waist. She was too close that I didn’t dare to move. Right, I remember now, I slept over here last night. How forgetful of me. 

 

I was thinking of going out of bed and take a bath already but then I couldn’t seem to move. It’s as if something, or rather someone is holding me back. I stare at Chaeyoung’s face, making me gulp hard. What is wrong with me?!

 

Chaeyoung’s eyelids were still closed and her breathing is relaxed and stable, it took me no time to eventually follow her breathing pattern, unlike earlier when I was having a hard time breathing. Her lips were slightly parted, and I don’t know why, but she looked like a baby. 

 

Oh my god I feel like a creep. 

 

Just then, Chaeyoung stirred, her eyebrows suddenly furrowed. I think she’s already awake. 

 

“Good morning Chaeng.” My voice sounded a bit hoarse. I hate it when that happens every morning.

 

Chaeyoung didn’t open her eyes but she was smiling. “Good morning _____. Your morning voice is so y.” Her voice was muffled by the pillow, but I was able to hear one word.

 

“y?” I raised an eyebrow. How come?

 

Her eyes suddenly opened wide and she stared at me for a second. I’m quite sure she was also shock on how close we were. Chaeyoung sat up straight abruptly. She’ll get dizzy. “I said pepsi.” 

 

Pepsi? Did I hear her wrong? I thought she said… never mind, I don’t trust my ear. “You want pepsi in the morning? That’s not good for you.” I followed her, sitting up as well, stretching a little bit. 

 

Chaeyoung only laughed and shook her head. 

 

Chaeyoung and I went to school together. We didn’t share the same morning classes but she insisted on walking me to my class. 

 

As we were walking, Lisa joined us, standing at my left. “Why are you two walking to school together?”

 

“_____ slept over at my house. That’s why,” Chaeyoung answered, glancing at Lisa, who nodded. She then linked her arms on mine and smiled at me brightly. Is she a koala? Does that make me a tree then?

 

I shook away my weird thoughts and focused on what Lisa was saying. “The art club will start accepting members on Monday, are you gonna join?”

 

“I’m not sure yet cause I just joined the basketball team.” I wanted to but then I don’t think I can juggle homeworks, basketball, and Arts at the same time.

 

Lisa stared at me with her big pretty eyes. “Really?! Woah~ Does that mean I’ll see you playing on the court?”

 

“Maybe.” Mia and I haven’t talked about it yet. I would start training with them next week.

 

“Although I’m not a cheerleader, I’ll cheer for you from the bleachers!” Lisa laughed. I laughed as well when I remembered how Jennie cheered yesterday. 

 

“Thanks, that’ll give me some energy, but don’t overdo it.” Unlike someone I know.

 

Lisa and I heard a cough from my right, and then I remembered that Chaeyoung was still beside me. “Umm… I don’t think I’m needed here anymore. I’ll go now. I’ll see you later at lunch, _____.” Chaeyoung waved and didn’t even give me the time to say something. What happened?

 

The first and second period ended and it was already break time. I decided to stop by the restroom first before I went to the cafeteria.

 

I was only two steps away from the restroom door when I heard a grunt inside. I looked inside and saw someone pushing a girl. 

 

Should I call chaeng? 

 

I took out my phone but then the girl was pushed once again. 

 

I’m not gonna turn a blind eye this time. “That’s enough!” I walked over the two and I could see the fright and relief on the girl’s face. 

 

The girl, or bully rather, turned to look at me and to my surprise, it was Jisoo. “What do you think you’re doing here?” She gritted her teeth. 

 

“Stop hurting her, or anybody who seems like an easy target for you. You don’t know what they’re going through. So just leave them alone.” I tried to say in a calm voice, hoping that I can stop whatever she was doing through words. I’m not good at physical fights.

 

“What about me!? Do you even know what I’m going through!?” I could see the flame in her eyes, it was full of anger. Her sudden outburst kept me mum. I couldn’t find anything to say.

 

Jisoo scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Of course you don’t.”

 

Again, I couldn’t say anything and I tried to avoid Jisoo’s intense gaze. She shook her head and started to walk off, and then turned around, her eyes digging through me. “Do you even know that you’re making me so confused?”

 

“How so?” I tried not to stutter, and I successfully didn’t, although she was very intimidating.

 

“I don’t know if I’m just irritated by you or…or…” She trailed off. Jisoo seemed like she was having a battle with herself.

 

“Or what?”

 

“Whatever.” Jisoo walked out of the restroom. She makes me confused as well.

 

I could only sigh and help the girl, who was still sitting on the floor of the restroom. I offered to assist her to the infirmary to have her checked, but she said that she was fine. 

 

As I was on my way to the cafeteria, I came across Lisa, who was pacing back and forth at the hallway.

 

"Lisa. Is there anything wrong?” I carefully asked, making her stop and look at me.

 

"Bam is missing and I have yet to finish the choreography. I can't do it without a partner." Lisa is obviously stressed about it, it was so apparent on her face.

 

"Do you want me to help find him?” 

 

A smile finally appeared on her face. ”That'll be great--- no, actually..." She bit her lip, showing that she was hesitating.”Would you mind if you be my partner? Only for today. You really wouldn't need to do anything but just stand. Please?" Lisa gave me a puppy look. Who can resist that pout? Apparently, not me. "I guess I could do that." 

 

We went our way to a room. It didn’t have any tables or chairs so I guess this is where they practice most of the time.

 

 

Wait. W-why is she taking her shirt off?!

 

 

I almost closed my eyes but then saw that Lisa was wearing a crop top underneath her shirt. Whew.

 

Lisa walked over to the stereo and plugged her phone in while I tried my best not to let my eyes travel down her exposed stomach and it took me all my might to restrain myself. Sadly, I failed.

 

“Stand here, and then face this way.” Lisa instructed, while I follow everything she says. I don’t consider myself stiff or a wood when it comes to dancing, but I don’t think I’m good at it as well. Maybe in the middle?

 

Plus, I’m not really interested in dancing. Well not until Lisa placed her hand on my shoulders and did a slight body roll. This is torture, my face is burning up right now! Someone give me water!

 

But there isn’t someone to give me water. Instead of calming down, my heart started beating faster with every move she makes.

 

If that was already enough to create a turmoil inside me, Lisa didn’t stop there. She told me to stand behind her and place my right hand on her waist. It’ll be really weird to refuse so I did as I was told and yeah, basically, I died. 

 

I won’t deny it, I think I might have a friendly crush on her, a squish rather, if that’s what you call it.

 

Her friend, bambam, is really lucky to be Lisa's partner.

 

Lisa and I parted ways as she had a class while I have a free period. Who even made my schedule? I would have went home if I didn’t have one more class after this free period. 

 

Now where should I go?

 

I find myself looking at the school’s rooftop, and decided to check it out. If it isn’t locked. 

 

Fortunately, it wasn’t locked. Although I actually think that they should lock it since who knows if there’s a student who want to jump off, right? Not th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter