Should I see a doctor?

Didn't know I like Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3

Should I see the doctor?

 

As exhausted as I have already been, the day wouldn’t just end with me wiping off the dust from the windows. Luck was no where to be found since when the bell rang and I checked my schedule, the next subject just had to be P.E.

 

In all honesty and no mix of sarcasm, I enjoy P.E. especially when we’re doing sports. I may not have looked like it, but I play basketball, badminton, and sometimes even soccer. Although most of the time it’s purely just for fun. 

 

I unconsciously heaved a sigh of relief when I saw Chaeyoung in my class. It made me wonder why I always felt relieved whenever I see her. Nonetheless, she approached me and told me that we should change already. 

 

It always bothered me how we’re all supposed to undress at the locker room at the same time. Not that I’m ashamed of my body, cause I’m really not, but it just felt uncomfortable to change in front of everybody while some are even judging you.

 

“Aren’t you gonna change?” Chaeyoung’s voice woke me up from my thoughts. She was already changed and my gaze landed at her long slender legs. Wait. Why the hell was I looking there? I think I’m going crazy. I shook my head to erase what I just did and I decided to turn around and change as quickly as possible. I heard her giggle behind me, making me move even more faster, if that was possible. 

 

I was tying my shoe laces when I heard another giggle, but not coming from chaeyoung, it was coming from my right. I glanced where the sound was coming from and saw two girls very close to each other. My face suddenly burned but I couldn’t look away. I know that girl! The one who was leaning at the other. I’m quite sure it was Jennie. They weren’t really doing anything but they were too close to each other and again, I heard the other girl giggle. So annoying. 

 

“_____. Let’s go.” I felt a hand tap on my shoulders and figured I should just mind my own business. There’s no way I’ll be late to gym class. 

 

The coach, as what he wanted to be called, didn’t look like he was in the mood for teaching or even doing anything. 

 

“We’re going to do dodgeball today. Just find a group. Water break when everybody in the opposing team is hit.” He blew his whistle then sat at one of the bleachers, and opened a folder. 

 

Chaeyoung stepped forward, probably to lead everyone. “Okay. 4 teams, 6 members each. 1 vs 1.”  She clapped her hands and everybody started finding their team. I ended up in her team with a tall, handsome but skinny guy, a guy named lance, and a blonde whom I don’t know the name. We still needed one more player.

 

“Is there anyone who doesn’t have a group yet?” Chaeyoung asked and everybody looked around. 

 

“Count me in.” Jennie appeared from nowhere. Her shorts were very short indeed, probably shorter than everybody’s, and it was neon pink. Not that I’m against it. 

 

Jennie joined our team. With the old heads and tails, we ended up as the opposing team, which means we were the one’s who’ll be hit by the ball.

 

This will be fun. 

 

The game started, and by the second throw, the cute tall guy got eliminated. He didn’t even tried to dodge it! That’s totally unattractive. 

The third ball almost hit me right into my face, but thankfully chaeyoung pulled me. My life saver. 

 

The throwing of the ball continued, until I, Chaeyoung, and Jennie were the only ones left. 

 

“You won’t hit me.” Jennie smirked at the other team, and I’m quite sure that the green eyed brunette got annoyed and so she threw the ball hard towards Jennie, but like what the latter said, she was able to dodge it swiftly. 

 

This time, the muscular guy, he’s kinda hot, decided to step up his game when the three of us still wasn’t hit. Unfortunately, Chaeyoung almost lost her balance and she was hit by the ball. Thankfully he didn’t hit her that hard. 

 

“Guess there’s only me and you, princess.” Did she just winked at me and called me princess? She really needs to focus on the game, cause I’m not planning to lose. 

 

It’s probably time to catch the ball so I can revive Chaeyoung and the others as well. I continued to avoid the throws and waited for them to throw it a little bit lightly so I can catch it. 

 

Right when I thought it was the proper timing to catch, I collided to, whom I assume is Jennie. I forgot that she was there. 

 

My back hit the cold floor and I could feel additional weight at my top. I opened my eyes, only to see Jennie staring back at me. 

She propped herself up with her right hand, but still having me under her. I didn’t even know I was holding my breath until I couldn’t breathe anymore. 

 

I could feel my heart racing when the girl on top of me leaned closer, with her signature smirk playing on her lips. 

 

“You know we can continue this later at somewhere more quiet and dark,” She whispered softly at my left ear.

 

What she said made my eyebrows furrow. “How can you play dodgeball at somewhere dark?” 

 

Jennie retreated a little, and laughed. I almost laughed, her laugh is contagious, I swear, but then I didn’t know what she was laughing about. “I wasn’t talking about dodgeball. I was talking about——”

 

“Jennie. Get up.” She wasn’t able to continue what she was saying because we heard Chaeyoung’s voice near us. Jennie didn’t seem to acknowledge her and was about to continue what she was saying to me, when Chaeyoung pulled her up from me. Is Chaeyoung upset that we lost?

 

“Party pooper.” Jennie mumbled and rolled her eyes, before walking off. 

 

Chaeyoung offered to help me up, but I decided to just sit down. That game got me tired. Chaeyoung sat beside me and handed me her water bottle. It made me hesitate at first but my throat felt really dry that I had to take it.

 

“Thanks.” I smiled before drinking the remaining half. god I didn’t know I was this thirsty. She’s really my life saver.

 

I smiled sheepishly as I gave her back the water bottle. Chaeyoung was smiling at me as she took the bottle from my hands. I could feel her glancing at me, her smile still lingering on her lips. Did I drink too much?

 

“I’m sorry if I… drank all that’s left… I’ll just buy you water later.” Now I felt guilty. But she shook her head and chuckled. 

 

“No it’s fine, really. Don’t worry. It’s just that…” Her gaze landed on the water bottle and back to me, then back to the water bottle again. I can’t read the smile on her face right now.

 

“What?” 

 

“Nothi—-“

 

“Indirect kiss.” Someone sat beside me, which was Wendy. I didn’t notice her earlier… but what did she mean by indirect kiss?

 

Before I knew it, Chaeyoung’s face was getting red and she abruptly stood up, startling me. “That’s… That’s not it! Don’t listen to her!” She then went over to hit Wendy, who couldn’t contain her laughter. They’re really like sisters. 

 

 

Unfortunately for me, I’ll be a loner for break. Chaeyoung and Wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter