On Rainy Days

Didn't know I like Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

On Rainy Days

A RoséxOC ending (Part II)

 

 

The rain hasn't stopped pouring down. It was unusual. No typhoon was reported on the news, which definitely added to the unusualness of the rain that has been pouring down for three days straight. 

"Tell me what's on your mind." Chaeyoung sat across from me, placing down her coffee and propping her chin on her palm. I looked away from the window. "The rain." 

There was a moment of silence, just the sound of the droplets of water hitting the roof, until Chaeyoung clapped her hands excitedly. "You know what we're going to do today?"

I raised an eyebrow.

Probably knowing that I won't even try to guess it, she leaned in closer, a grin plastered on her face. "Bowling."

"Are you sure it's a good time for bowling?" Rainy days like this tend to make me feel extra lazy. I don't even want to move a muscle. All I want is bed, food, and netflix. And maybe a certain person beside me.

"It's always a good time for bowling. Plus, it's indoors!"

I sighed, giving in easily. "Okay, fine."

Standing up, I went to my bedroom first and got some clothes. I was still using mom's bathroom while Chaeng uses mine. It got me wondering, is mom still sleeping? It's Wednesday. She's supposed to----oh. Another envelope on my desk. Why didn't I noticed this earlier?

As usual, the envelope had some cash inside, and a letter telling me to eat out or just order food with Rosé. This is one of those rare times when I really appreciate mom leaving me with her white cash envelope.

 

While waiting for Chaeyoung to finish choosing something in my wardrobe that fits her, my phone vibrated.

It felt weird. 

I used to answer it in a blink of an eye but now I find myself reluctantly pressing the green button.

 

"Hey Jen."

...

"Nothing much."

...

"Yeah."

It went on and on, her asking me about my day and if I was bored or whatever. Then when I pointed out that she was whispering and I couldn't hear her, she told me that her dad confiscated her phone and that she had to sneak it out to call me. It was sweet, but she really didn't have to do that.

Our conversation was cut short when her dad's voice rang on the background. Jen quickly bid goodbye and hung up.

It was obvious. I was starting to distance myself from her. Unconsciously, I would reply with cold and uninterested phrases to her bright and happy ones. I keep forgetting to act like I was before. 

"Let's go?"

Pulling from my dillemma, I looked up, the frown on my face was quickly washed away by the sight of Chae wearing a simple white shirt, black plaid, and the jeans she wore that day at the library. How could she make a very simple clothing piece so attractive?

"Y/N" Fingers snapped in front of me, I was brought back from daydream.

"W-what?"

A grin, or perhaps a smirk, I wasn't really sure, appeared on her face before I was pulled outside the house, where we waited for a cab to pass by.

 

Only one bowling alley was occupied. A man, perhaps around 50 year old, was playing at the far right side of the bowling center. Chaeyoung and I took the far left side so as to keep distance. We both went ahead to the shoe rental, where I deeply regret not bringing with me the bowling shoes that mom got me before. Gosh their shoes stinks. 

As Chaeng waited for the staff to get a shoe of her size, I went first at our table and typed our names on the score board. Before I can finish it, my phone rang. It was Jisoo.

 

"Hey! What's good?"

"I just had dalgom groomed." At the background, I could actually hear dalgom barking.

"Oh no. Girls will be lining up for him."

Jisoo laughed. God I miss her. "How about you? What are you doing?"

"I'm actually bowling..."

"Alone?"

I looked over the counter and saw Chaeyoung fitting the shoes. "With...Rosé." I braced myself.

"Y/N." There it is. I hate it when she calls my name with her "You're-obviously-putting-yourself-in-trouble" tone. It makes me question my life decisions.

"I know, I know. I didn't plan any of this, I swear. It just happened."

I could hear her sigh from the other side, and she's probably massaging her temple right now out of disappointment. I know I'm just a huge disappointment covered with human skin. "Just don't start something you can't finish. And! Don't do anything stupid." Too late, I already did. "Okay, I'll try."

"Okay. I'll hang up now."

"Hmm."

"And Y/N, it's okay to follow your heart. People get hurt, it's second nature. But remember, you end something before you start another one, understand?"

The seriousness in her voice is kinda new. But who would've thought Kim Jisoo can give such enlightening advice? Not me. "Yes Doctor love."

"Hey! I was just---"

"I know!" After sharing a couple of laughters, I smiled although she couldn't see me. "Thanks Jisoo."

 

Right after hanging up, I turned around and saw Chaeng approaching, a timid smile on her face.

"Finally!"

"Impatient." Huffing, she shook her head before she went straight to the table.

 

"How do you do this?" She stared at the three holes on the ball. So it's her first time.

I picked up one ball and showed her. After she picked up hers, I tried teaching her the basics.

 

"Okay. Restrain yourself from judging me. This is my first time." Chaeng threw me a glare, while I raise my hands in defeat. 

Watching her from behind, she took three steps just like I told her, and threw the ball, letting it slide the floor and into the gutter. I tried to keep myself from laughing but failed miserably, earning a push on the shoulder. But ofcourse, being that it's chaeyoung, her shove didn't even made me move an inch.

We finished one round and she scored 32, which isn't really that bad. Oh who am I kidding? She's terrible in bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter