It was a long day

Didn't know I like Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a long day

 

 

I messed up. 

No, I'm the one who's messed up. How could I even say the wrong name!

It was the squirrel plushie. Yup it's that one.

 

I was too utterly shocked to even apologize when Jennie pushed open the door and walked out of the closet. Shaking my head, I quickly followed her out and saw her picking up her things from the table at the living room. 

She was already outside the house when I got near her. "Jen!" She keeps on walking away from the house while I followed behind, desperately trying to catch up. Since when can she walk faster than me? "Where are you going?"

"Where do you think I'm going?" It was chilly outside, but it dropped several degrees when her ice cold words hit me without even her looking at me.

"Can we talk about this?"

"No!"

I'm desperate, but I just want to fix my mistake. "I'll call the driver and I'll come with you."

Finally, she stopped and turned around, face burning red and eyes piercing through me. "No. Don't. follow. me." Her index finger pointing at me as she make sure I understood each and every word.

I took a step closer, hoping she would hear me out. "But---"

"Don't even think of taking a single step!" Jen glared at me, and as I look into her eyes, I knew better to let her walk away. At least for now.

And right then and there, I knew, I broke a precious fragile heart.

 

Never in my life had I desperately wanted someone to answer my calls and texts. 

I let Jen be that saturday night. I didn't call nor messaged her, just to give her space. Space. Thinking about it kept me up all night. What if the space between us keep on getting wider and wider? 

So, for the whole sunday, I stayed in my room, calling and leaving messages, hoping at least she would come around.

But not a single call was answered and my messages were left seen. At least she saw it right?

Ugh. It's not even something to be happy for. 

The day ended in a blur, and still, no answer. 

 

It's monday. I don't usually wake up early on the first day of the week, but to hopefully make up with Jen, I woke up at six and stopped by at her favourite café and picked up her macchiato and blueberry muffin. 

I'm fully aware that this doesn't take what I did away, but the least I can do is to show how sorry I am.

 

I waited for by her locker and thankfully, only five minutes had gone by when she showed up. She opened her locker and took out her books, not even sparing me a glance. 

"Hey Jen. I bought you breakfast." 

She looked at the coffee and muffin, before staring back at me. "Are you sure that's for me and not Rosé?"

I sighed. "Jen. I'm sorry. I know I messed up. I don't even know why I said Rosé's name when I wasn't even thinking about her. Please just tell me what I should do. I'll do anything."

I was up to anything, whatever she says, but Jen merely shook her head and walked past me, not even taking the coffee. So I guess, this is how it'll be. 

 

Jennie avoided me for the whole day. I know I deserve it, but I just couldn't help but feel down. I didn't have the appetite for lunch nor the will to listen to today's lessons. I stayed in the library for most of the time, pretending to read something.

After almost half an hour staring at the same page, the chair beside me squeaked. Someone pulled it and sat beside me but I didn't bother to look. "You okay?"

Knowing the owner of the voice, I finally looked at her direction and forced a smile, only to have her frowning for a second, before flashing me her bright smile.

Chaeng raised an eyerbrow and inched a little bit closer to me. "Have a problem? Want to "taco" 'bout it?" This girl's lameness successfully brought smile to my face. I really thought I won't be smiling soon because of what happened. But I guess friends can still make you laugh...but can friends give you butterflies in your stomach?

"Don't you have a meeting to attend to?" I straightened my back after slouching for the whole day.

"That can wait, don't worry." Chaeng shrugged, as if it wasn't a big deal even tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter