Movie, Book, and Spotify

Didn't know I like Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note before you read: I didn't do any proof reading and I wrote this chapter almost in one go so pardon me for the slight mistakes here and there.

Chapter 14

Movie, Book, and Spotify

 

 

I hate Mondays. It couldn’t have gotten any worse if I was able to buy the movie tickets for switched. I mean, I’ve been waiting for it for almost a month already but…Ugh.

 

“You look like you’re not in the mood today. Something happened?” Chaeyoung greeted with a smile, walking beside me. It’s freaking Monday, why is she smiling? Never mind, she’s always smiling anyways. Why am I even surprised.

 

I sighed at the reminder. “There’s this movie that I badly wanted to watch but it’s only yesterday that I heard that the tickets are limited. I was going to buy one, but then it was already sold out.”

 

“Why is it only limited? They should’ve produced more so they would earn more profit.” We rounded by the corner to get to our lockers.

 

“I know right. But gosh I really want to watch it. I would have to wait for months before it comes out on net——“ Oh. What a nice sight.

 

Right by the lockers, Jennie was leaning closer to some girl that I couldn’t see. Jennie’s back was facing me and even so, I could tell what they were doing. It might be because of what she said yesterday, about her liking me, that I felt like my heart had been stabbed twice. No, thrice. Actually, more than that.

 

Does this mean that everything she told me yesterday wasn’t true? She sounded so genuine and—- right. Everybody has been saying that she’s a player, and I’m the only one blind enough to not listen to them. It was my fault for trusting a player. 

 

My view was then replaced with Chaeyoung. I don’t know if she knew what was going on my mind or not. But either way, it’s better than looking at whatever Jennie is doing. 

 

If this day could get even worse, it did. I really hate Mondays.

 

Lunch came and it’s only then that I remembered I cooked lunch for Chaeng. Just to make up for what she ate last time. This time, I made sure that it would be delicious. 

 

I was about to go out the classroom to go where Chaeyoung is when I heard Jennie. “Hey.” I’m really not in the mood to talk to her right now. “Do you want to eat lunch together?” No. Definitely no.

 

“Umm… I was going to eat with Chaeyoung today.” 

 

“Oh. Okay, that’s totally cool.” She seemed a little bit disappointed but I don’t really care. Maybe she’s faking it.

 

I nodded and went on my way to Chaeyoung’s class and waited for her outside. Why aren’t they already dismissed? It’s 3 minutes past lunch time. What a horrible teacher.

 

“Y/N. What are you doing here?” I looked up from my phone and saw Chaeyoung standing in front of me, carrying some of her books on her right arm.

 

“I was waiting for you. It’s lunch.” We walked slowly towards the canteen.

 

“You could’ve waited by our usual table.”

 

“But you like it better that I waited for you.” I chuckled and glanced at her, surprised to see her face quite red. Is she blushing? Chaeyoung nudged me by the shoulder and Okay. I was only kidding about her liking that I waited for her but I guess I was right. 

 

“I actually cooked for our lunch ‘cause I’m feeling really guilty for the terrible dish I made you last time.” Chaeyoung looked at me, probably surprised that I knew. “I swear I’m quite a good cook, it just happened that I mistook the sugar with salt.”

 

A giggle came out of her lips and god, did she really have to do that? “Maybe we should eat at the bench by the fields instead.” She suggested and I think that’ll be better.

 

We sat by the bench and I took out the food that I made, laying it out on the table. I made some braised balsamic chicken and alfredo pasta. Thankfully I remembered the recipe from the last cooking lessons that I took. I’m quite proud of what I made. 

 

I watched as Chaeyoung took the fork I gave her and inspected the food. “I tasted it before I packed it.” I assured, just ‘cause she looked like she was hesitating.

 

She looked up, her eyes twinkling and I couldn’t help but feel butterflies in my stomach. “Don’t worry, I’d still eat it even if it tastes like before.”

 

“Yah.” I shook my head and I find myself smiling as I watched her eat the food, giving me a thumbs up and rumbling some things I couldn’t understand ‘cause is full. But I think she was saying that it was good. I hope.

 

Oh . “I’m such a bad friend.”

 

Chaeyoung drank her water and asked, furrowing her eyebrows, “Why?”

 

“I forgot about Wendy. Should I call her?” I took out my phone but Chaeyoung suddenly snatched it from me.

 

“Wendy is busy. She told me earlier that she won’t be joining us for lunch.” She placed down my phone and I nodded, picking up my fork to eat. Such a waste that Wendy wasn’t here to join us.

 

 

Tuesday mornings aren’t as bad as Mondays, but still bad. There are still three days left before weekend. Here I go again with my countdown until weekends. 

 

“Good morning!” I flinched at the loudness of the voice. I closed my locker and slowly turned towards the source of the voice. It’s too early in the morning for optimism.

 

“Morning.”

 

Chaeyoung didn’t seemed to be bothered by my lack of enthusiasm as she continued on. “I know how to put a ‘good’ in your morning.” She smirked, which may I point out, she rarely do.

 

I raised an eyebrow, waiting for her to continue.

 

She then showed me two pieces of paper that looks like——It’s the ticket for the movie! 

 

“Save the date. We’re going to watch it Friday night.” She waved the tickets and I don’t even know what to say.

 

“How did you——“

 

“I searched the internet for someone who might want to sell it to me. Fortunately, there is.” A proud smile was evident on her face and I swear I want to kiss her right——what the hell was I thinking?

 

“Is there something wrong?” 

 

“Huh?” I must’ve been frowning because of the thought I just had. “Oh. It’s Nothing.” I smiled, shaking off what just came into my mind, when I saw Jennie behind Chaeyoung, looking at us. Our eye met for a mere second before she turned away and went somewhere, probably her class.

 

 

Nothing much happened within the week except that it’s already Friday and oh my god I’m gonna be watching the movie with Chaeng! I mean, if this movie turns our overrated and mediocre, I would burn the whole cinema down. 

 

Chaeyoung and I just bought nachos and drinks when someone called us.

 

“Oh! I didn’t know you two would be here!” Why does she have to be here? She even brought a date. Nice.

 

I faked a smile and Chaeyoung only waved her hand, smiling as well.

 

“By the way, this is my cousin Cloud. Cloud, this is Y/N and Rosé.” So it’s her cousin. Okay, cool. Not that I care.

 

Chaeng and I shook hands with her and thankfully, Chaeyoung told them that w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter