Set the ball rolling

Didn't know I like Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

no name for oc won by 9 votes

Chapter one

Set the ball rolling

 

She slowly, and creepily walked towards me, but her face is shielded by her mask. She then laughs as if I just said the funniest joke ever. She paused, and then…

 

Ugh. It’s a different nightmare this time.

 

As if somebody had woke me up from the nightmare, I jolted from my sleep, a tiny bead of sweat trickling down my face. 

 

You see, alarm clocks are useless. I didn’t need alarm clocks to wake up. The mere nightmare is enough to keep me up for a couple of days.

 

The rays of the sun isn’t blinding my eyes yet, which means that I woke up quite early this time. Which isn’t really a surprise, considering that I haven’t fully adapted to the new bedroom, house, and environment. It will take some time, like the usual. 

 

My backpack was sitting at my chair, reminding me that today’s my first day of school. Transferring to different schools had been my second nature and yet, I haven’t mastered the art of ignoring the nervousness in my system. One day, surely I will. 

 

It didn’t take me a lot of time to prepare for school. One thing I like about going to school in the western part of the world is having no school uniform. I spent three years of middle school at east asia and I had to wear school uniforms. It wasn’t that bad, but it sure is another thing to have a freedom on what to wear. 

 

“______, come down and eat breakfast!” Mom shouted, most probably from the kitchen. It was quarter after seven when I glanced at the clock, as far as I know, classes doesn’t start until eight thirty, I still got time.

 

Mom wasn’t a great cook. She says she didn’t have time to learn recipes and experiment on dishes, which I think is half the truth, but at least she knows how to toast a bread and make scrambled eggs. 

 

“Hurry up a little. I can’t be late.” Mom said as she hurriedly take a sip from her coffee and scroll down from her laptop. She basically spends quality time with her laptop than with her own daughter. 

 

After gulping down the remaining half of my milk, I quickly brushed my teeth before we took off to my new school, where I’ll be spending my 180 days.

 

“Good luck, _____. Make lots of friends. I’ll pick you up at 3:30.” Mom gave me her apologetic smile, and patted my head. Oh don’t worry mom, I’ll make lots of friends and leave them when you decide to open a new branch of your business in mars.

 

The school is smaller compared to my previous school back in Ontario, but I guess it’s better to have a smaller one. Wouldn’t really want to be lost on the first day of school, my first day of school rather. 

The first day of school was last week, which means that I’m a week late. However, I’m still glad that I didn’t have to transfer in the middle of the school year just like I did before. It was quite traumatising, especially the amount of school works I had missed.

 

Now where can I find the principal’s office? I entered the school gates and went inside the high school department. Should I ask one of the students for directions? Nah. I’ll just figure it out on my own. I’m used to being alone anyways.

 

After exploring the whole building, I was finally able to see the light. The door was slightly open and I could see that the office of the principal is warm and cozy. At least that's what I see for now. 

 

The principal must've noticed me standing by the door before I could even knock. "Come in." His voice was calm, yet austere. 

 

"Oh. Miss _____. Welcome to Richmon Hill." He greeted me with a smile as he stood up. He wasn't old and cranky like most of the principals that I've seen. There was no visible line on his forehead, nor was his hair about to turn grey from all the stress all the students must've gave him. Maybe he's in his early 40's? 

 

"I came for my schedule?" I didn't know why it came out as a question. Again, he smiled and opened a drawer to take out the paper. 

 

He handed it to me, as well as my locker number, and said, "That's your schedule for the first semester. I hope you'll enjoy your sophomore year here." 

 

I have a total of seven subjects for this day. Fortunately, I don’t have P.E. today cause I didn’t bring my rubber shoes with me.

 

"Don't forget to say hi to your mom for me." He said before I reach out for the door. Once again, I smiled a bit and told him that I will. 

 

Apparently, mom and he were friends after doing some business related things. That's why I was enrolled here even if they weren't accepting students anymore. Connection is really powerful after all. 

 

I went through searching once again for my classroom. There's still 15 minutes left before my first class starts. It's probably the best to ask someone already. 

 

There were different kind of students in the hallway. There was a girl with raven hair and a pierced nose, nope, I won't ask her. Then there's a blonde girl wearing short skirt, her outfit is telling me that she's one of the populars, probably best to avoid her. A guy with round glasses is coming my way. He looks approachable, and plus, he's wearing a glasses. Guys wearing glasses are cute. I think. 

 

"Umm... Hi." I smiled when he stopped in front of me.

He seemed shock, he fixed his glasses and smiled back at me, awkwardly, may I add. 

 

"Do you know where the classroom for this subject is?" I showed him my schedule. 

 

"Uh.. yes... it’s on the second floor… Third room from the left, from the stairs.” I didn’t know if I did something wrong cause he couldn’t look me in the eye. He kept on looking down the floor or somewhere else. But that’s not in my interest right now, as I still have to go to my first class.

 

“Ok. Thanks for the help.” I smiled at him one more time before following his directions. 

 

There were still students hanging out on the hallways and some were getting things from their locker. I could feel eyes on me as I walk my way through the crowd, I hate this. 

 

My shoulders suddenly felt an extra weight, and I look at my left, only to see a brunette with her arms around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter