[drabble] One Fine Sunny Day

TEGOMASS COLLECTION

A fine sunny day. The sky above is so vast and very calming. Its navy blue to light blue color and its white shining puffy clouds is very pleasant to the eyes. The sun's hotness and the wind's coldness is making the day very very comfortable.


You took a glimpse on the smiling face of the person right next to you. He turned to look at you and gave you one of his trademark smile -- a big toothy smile, dimples emerging, and eyes disappearing-- then he hold your hand and entwined your fingers as he tilted his head towards the scenery in front. White sand, clear blue water of the calm sea, laughs from you friends who are having fun and who keep on calling you both. You cannot help but smile. Smile truly, smile genuinely, smile sweetly, smile with no worries. Not the fake smile, not the edgy smile, not the smile you plastered on your face whenever you want to hide your problems, not the smile you gave to people whenever they accused you, not the smile you gave to people who believes they know what's best for you. Not that smile that has been painted on your face for months, or maybe, for years now.

He saw your smile and then he run towards the enticing sea, dragging you behind. No worries. No other people around. Only you and him and your friends. Once again, you thought how beautiful life is, how lucky you are to have them around, how blessed you are to have people who trusts and loves you truly. He called you then, pulling you back from your thoughts. He smiled at you again, but this time, it is that special smile, the secret smile-- eyes sparkling with love, cheeks colored with pinkish red-- or maybe it can be called the love struck smile, but you won't say it out loud because you know you are smiling at him the same way.
 

"If this trip would only end up with you both secretly talking and smiling with your eyes again, I am going fishing, leaving you here with Koyama."
 

"Shige! Is that you?"
 

"What are you talking about Koyama?"
 

"Shige! Is that really youuu?"
 

"Huh!?"
 

And as your friends fought while splashing some water aiming at their faces, you both glanced at each other. You saw something in his eyes that made you blush. You look away with a shy smile. You heard his laugh right before a soft wet pair of lips touched the corner of your mouth, making you blushed hard. You turned to look at him and saw his face painted with red albeit determination in his eyes. In the corner of your eyes, you saw Shige dragging Koyama to the side, maybe they would go fishing or maybe they would just go inside to prepare for a late breakfast. Thanks to Shige's push, you both would not end up secretly stealing some glances and smiles ever again.