Chapter Nine

Heart Without a Beat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Nine:

That night Miyeon paces around her room in her favorite pajamas. A towel covers her damp washed black locks. The silent radio fills up her room with 90's music. She sits infront of a mirror and moisturizes her face with her favorite aloe vera moisturizer. Her phone rings loudly. She quickly sprints up from her chair and runs to her nightstand. She grabs her phone and glances at the text message she had just received. 

Hey Miyeon. 

She scruches up her eyes. Who could it be? 

Hello. Who is this? 

She continues looking at her phone and waits for the text message. 

Can I call you? 

"Call me?" She says out loud to herself. "Why?" Her phone begins ringing. The unknown number is calling her. 

"Hello?" She picks up her phone. 

"Hey Miyeon." The calm soothing voive greets from the other end.

"Jaebum?" Miyeons exclaims. "How did you get my number? How in the world?" 

"I'll tell you later." He chuckles. "How are you doing?" 

"I'm okay." Miyeon walks over to her window and stares outside into the dark night. "What about you?" 

"I'm okay. Just a little tired." Jaebum informs. 

"Did you work today?" Miyeon clutches tightly on the phone. 

"Yeah." Jaebum sighs. "I was running the orders today. It was kind of difficult since a lot of people came to eat today." 

"Oh." Miyeon coos. It becomes quiet between them and the only thing they can hear us their own breathing. 

"So." Jaebum begins breaking thr awkward silence between them. "How have you been today?" 

"Okay." Miyeon responds. 

"You work at a school right?" Jaebum asks. "Something about an after school group leader?" 

Miyeon feels something warm in her heart. She smiles to herself. She can't believe Jaebum still remembers that. "Yeah. That is right."

"You like your job right?" Jaebum asks. 

"Yes. It is nice." Miyeon responds. "It can get a little difficult sometimes but I love it." 

"That is nice." Jaebum smiles to himself. "Are there any job openings at the school you work at?" 

Miyeon's eyes widen. "Nope." She answers quickly. "Maybe at other schools." 

Jaebum begins laughing. "I should apply huh?" 

"Mhm." Miyeon responds. "Maybe you should." 

That night Jaebum and Miyeon stay up talking to eachother until 2 in the morning. They talk endlessly about theur favorite movies, songs, food, etc. They talk about their friends. Jaebun tells her about the weirdness of Jackson. Miyeon tells him that she has a super weird friend too. They talk comfortably to eachother. To both of them it feels like they have known eachother for such a long time.

"Hello." Miyeon groaned into the phone. 

"Miyeonnie." Sehun singed into the phone. 

"Sehun?" Miyeon immediately propped up from her bed. "Why are you calling so late?"

Sehun chuckled into the phone. "I just wanted to hear your voice." 

Miyeon rolled her eyes. "Eww." She hated when Sehun wss being super cheesy or romantic. "Sehun why did you call? Is something up?" 

"Look out your window." Sehuns stated quickly. 

"What?" Miyeon slide out of her bed's cover. She quickly walked to her window. She saw Sehun leaning against his red car. He waved towards her. "Why are you here Sehun?"

"Come outside." He informed. "I will tell you." 

"Fine." Miyeon snarled. She hanged up on Sehun. She quickly dashed to her closet and pulled out a casual attire. She ran to the bathroom and washed her teeth. She looked into the mirror and grabbed a lipstick. She quickly prepped herself before going out. When she felt ready, she bolted outside to meet with her handsome prince. 

A bright smile formed on Sehun's lips the moment he saw Miyeon sprinting towards him. He pulled her into a hug when she reached him. 

"What was that for?" Miyeon asked once Sehun let go her. 

"I just really missed you." Sehun answered. 

"So why are you here? This late?." Miyeon staggered.  

"I want to show you something. I got a suprise for you." Sehun informed. "Follow me." He quickly gripped Miyeon's hand and led her to their destination. Their

Please log in to read the full chapter