Chapter Thirteen

Heart Without a Beat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirteen: 

Jaebum continues driving down the lane when he reaches a stop sign. He looks over at the passenger seat and notices that kitten plushie. 

"Miyeon left her plushie." He looks through his review mirror and notices how empty the road is. He makes a U-turn and heads back to Miyeon's home. He steps out of his car with the cute kitten plushie in his hands. He thinks it just another excuse so he can go see her again. As he is walking down the street to Miyeon's home. He notices something different the closer he gets to her home.  He sees how the boy infront of Miyeon grabs her by the face and presses a kiss against her lips. 

At that moment Jaebum feels a mix of emotions; sadness, anger and confusion. He doesn't understand why this guy holds her like that. It shouldn't be that guy who should be kissing Miyeon. It should be him. All these thoughts run through his head. He bolts towards them and pushes the boy away from Miyeon before the kiss deepens. 

"Jaebum!" Miyeon screams. He can't tell if she is happy to seem him or if she is relieved. 

"Don't you dare touch her." He says in a steady and intimidating voice.

"Who are you?" Jinyoung looks down at Jaebum. 

"It doesn't matter who I am." Jaebum replies back. "But if she doesn't want to kiss you then don't. Wait for her to give you the response."

"Then don't get into our business." Jinyoung bickers. He goes towards Jaebum and pushes him slightly. Jaebum reacts and pushes Jinyoung back. Jinyoung does the same and it continues to go on until Jinyoung lands the first punch across Jaebum's face. 

"Jinyoung!" Miyeon screams and jumps infront of Jaebum and Jinyoung's fued. "STOP!" She reaches in and puts her hands infront of both of the angry men. Jinyoung and Jaebum glare at eachother. "I am telling you two to stop."

At the same time the the two boys look down at the petite girl. A worried expression spreads across her face. 

"Jinyoung." She states. "I think you should go." 

Jinyoung glares at Jaebum. "Bye Miyeon." He pushes Jaebum along the way as he walks off to his car. Jaebum and Miyeon watch as Jinyoung drives away in his car quickly. 

"Jaebum." Miyeon reaches in and touches Jaebum's lip. "You're bleeding."

"It's okay." Jaebum reassures. "It's fine." 

Miyeon looks at her finger that has a small drop of blood. "Let me help you." She quickly grabs her keys out and opens the door to her home. 

"I'll be back. Don't move." Jaebum nods and sits on the stair. He fiddles with the kitten plushie in his hands. A few minutes later, Miyeon comes out with a small container of vaseline, bandage and a damp napkin. She sits next to Jaebum on the stair. 

"Why did you have to engage in such a childish fight?" She scoots closer to Jaebum and keeps her gaze on his bleeding lip. 

"I don't know." Jaebum stutters. "He provoked me. Who is he anyway?" Jaebum keeps his gaze on Miyeon and scans every inch if her face. 

"He's a very close friend of mine." Miyeon whispers as she rubs vaseline on his wound. 

"A close friend wouldn't kiss you like that." Jaebum rolls his eyes. "Do you like him?" 

Miyeon simply ignores his question and presses on his wound. 

"Ouch!" Jaebum whimpers. 

"Sorry." Miyeon whispers. She quickly places the bandaid on his wound. "There all better." 

Jaebum scoots away from Miyeon. "I have to go. Thank you." He whispers. "I'll talk to you later okay?" He stands up from the stairs. He looks at Miyeon as if he were about to say something. He smiles and then hands her the plushie kitten. "You forgot this."

"Oh!" Miyeon reaches in for the plushie. "Thank you." 

"Yeah." Jaebum stutters. "I will talk to you later. Bye." He walks away slowly and then turns back to wave at Miyeon. 

"Bye Jaebum!" She waves back and sighs. 

"Sehun is getting in a fight!" Chanyeol screamed down the hallway getting the attention of many students. "Miyeon!" 

Miyeon and Hana were standing at her locker grabbing all the books that they needed for their chemistry project. 

"What?" Miyeon exclaimed closing her locker. 

"He is over there!" Chanyeol pointed to the end of the hallway. As Chanyeol bolted out the chaos students ran down the hallway to the fight. Miyeon and Hana quickly followed the crowd. They reached their destination. They saw Sehun and one of the school basketball players in a circle while students chanted "fight fight fight!" 

"Listen I don't want to fight." Sehun informed. "I just want to talk it out with you."

"No. Let's settle this like real men." Junghong laughed. 

"That's childish." Sehun whispered. 

"Childish?" Junghong raised his voice. He suddenly threw the first punch and hit Sehun on the face. "Come on hit me!" 

"I'm not going to do it." Sehun smiled. "I'm no

Please log in to read the full chapter