Chapter Eight

Heart Without a Beat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight: 

After work Miyeon and Hana walk to the teacher's lounge and grab a drink. More specifically Hana buys a soda and Miyeon sticks to drinking water.

"So Yugyeom." Miyeon mocks Hana. "Do you like him now?" 

Hana stares at her friend and she sips on can of soda. She wipes her lips. "I don't know. Maybe." 

"Well he is cute." Miyeon says. "Maybe you guys will start dating." 

"Maybe." Hana shrugs. She smiles brightly. 

Miyeon and Hana both leave the teacher's lounge before their supervisor noticed that they are still in the school. The last thing they want is to get scolded for something they haven't done. They walk out the school and Hana yaps about how annoying the students in her English class are. Miyeon listens but her eyes land on the figure that stands in the teacher parking lot; Jinyoung. 

Hana lowers her voice when she notices the boy. "Oh. Look it's Jinyoung!" She turns to her friend. "Is he waiting for you?" 

Miyeon nods. "Yeah he invited me for dinner." 

"Oooooooooo." Hana coos. "That's interesting." 

"Shut up." Miyeon glares. "We are just friends." 

"Sure." Hana winks. "Just friends."

Miyeon rolls her eyes at Hana. They walk towards Jinyoung. He keeps his gaze on his phone and is typing away. 

"Jinyoung."  Miyeon says. 

"Miyeon." Jinyoung puts his phone away in his pocket and smiles at Miyeon. Hana coughs trying to get the attention of both of the parties. "Hana."

Hana smiles at her small victory. "Hey Jinyoung. Long time no see. You look like you got a haircut." 

"Yeah." Jinyoung runs his fingers through his hair. "It was time."

"Yeah. It looks really nice." Hana sips once more on her drink. They all stare at eachother for a silent minute. "Well then I am leaving you guys. It was nice seeing Jinyoung with a nice haircut and looking fresh. Props to you." 

Miyeon shakes her head. "Really Hana?" 

Hana smiles. "I am going to go now. I got some stuff to do. Have a wonderfully splendid dinner." Hana looks at Jinyoung and winks. 

Jinyoung glares at Hana as she walks off to her small green little vehicle. "I see she is driving now."

Miyeon turns to her friend who is getting into her car. "Yeah. Sort of." She begins to chuckle. Hana has been driving but she is one of most fearful drivers she knows. 

"Does she still get scared?" Jinyoung asks. 

"Yes." Miyeon laughs. "All the time."

They stare at Hana and watch as she disappears down the block. 

"Okay then!" Jinyoung claps his hands. "Lets get going." He smiles at Miyeon and goes to the passenger. She follows behind him quitely. 

 

As she steps in she whispers a small "Thank you." Jinyoung smiles at her and closes the door. He runs to the driver's side. 

"How was work?" Jinyoung says as he puts his seatbelt on. 

"It was good." Miyeon smiles. "We did karaoke today with the students." 

"How cute." Jinyoung says. "Did you sing?" 

Miyeon nods. "Yeah I guess. My voice blended in with the students." 

"Oh." Jinyoung starts the car and they are drive away. "You should sing a song by yourself."

"Oh. Yeah and totally embarass myself!" Miyeon chuckles. "I am not a good singer." 

"I have heard you sing before." Jinyoung keeps his eyes on the road and turns to Miyeon once they reach an intersection. "You have a pretty voice."

Miyeon looks at Jinyoung. She notices he is starring at her in a different way. He has a warm loving affection in his eyes. It seems different to her but she doesn't want to think about it too much. "The light just turned green." Miyeon clears and breaks the eye contact between them. 

"Right." Jinyoung shakes his head. He looks back at the road and they continue talking about work. 

They arrive at a nice casual Italian restaurant. The atmosphere was warm. Quiet Italian music played in the background while waitress went back and forth sending/receiving food orders, cleaning tables,  etc. 

"Look!" Jinyoung points to an empty booth. "Lets sit there!" Miyeon nods and they walk to the booth that is in the center of the restaurant. Jinyoung sits across from Miyeon. He hands her a menu and they scan it quitely. 

"Hello." A young boy in a white buttoned shirt approaches them. "Any drinks I can get for you two?" 

Miyeon nods. "Yes I would like some lemonade." 

The young boy scribbles

Please log in to read the full chapter