Chapter Six

Heart Without a Beat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Six: 

Jaebum returns to the back of the cafe with a drenched mop. He glares at Jackson when he walks past him. "What?" Jackson asks offended. "Did I do something wrong?" 

"You know exactly what you did!" Jaebum responds. He goes all the way to the back of the cafe and throws the mop into a small bucket. He fills the bucket with water and soap. 

Jackson watches his friend. "Hey I am trying to help you get a girl-" 

"I don't need your help." Jaebum intterupts. "I didn't need you to create such a chaos. I am so embarassed." Jaebum shakes his head. He begins cleaning the mop. 

"I am sorry." Jackson says sincere. "I just want you to meet new people." 

"I can do that myself you know?" Jaebum snarls. 

Jackson sighs. "I know. But ever since you got your heart transplant you've been lonely. You don't do much. All you do on your weekends in sit in your dark room and sing showtunes." 

"I occasionally watch TV." Jaebum adds. 

"Yeah! Ocasionally!" Jackson throws his hands up in the air. "It worries me." 

"It hasn't been easy." Jaebum confesses. "I can't do much. I have to be super careful. It it hard Jackson. I can't be like you and go party with Mark and you. I am limited to so much."

Jackson stares at his friend. He feels horrible. "I hope you can forgive me." Jaebum blinks awkwardly. "I'm going to go take some orders." 

Jaebum watches as his friend disappears. He shakes his head and continues cleaning the dirty mop. 

Miyeon sits back and silently chews on her cookie. She looks out the window and watches the cars passing by. 

Miyeon sat in the food court at the mall. She was quitely devouring her peanut butter flavored ice cream. She watched as her boyfriend took off his apron and hat. Sehun smiled at her when he saw her sitting all alone.  

"Hey." He hugged her "I thought you wouldn't come." He pulled a chair next to his girlfriend and  her ice cream. 

"I was." Miyeon smiled. "You texted me to come." 

Sehun smiled once again. He ran his long fingers through his hair. "I got something for you." 

"What?" Miyeon asked. She her ice cream once more. Sehun pulled out a small bracelet. He wrapped it around Miyeon's small wrist. 

"I bought this from a jewelry store." Sehun informed. "It reminded me of you." Miyeon analyzed the bracelet. On a small heart the letters S & M were carved. 

"It's beautiful Sehun" Miyeon said. She stared into Sehun's eyes. Sehun chuckled. He leaned in and gave Miyeon a peck on the cheek. Miyeon blushed her cheeks turned into a crimson red. She brought her ice cream up to Sehun's lips. He laughed and the ice cream. 

Miyeon looks down at the bracelet. She runs her fingers over the bracelet. It has been such a long time since she got that bracelet. She continues to wear it. It is something very special to her and without it she would loose her mind.

Jaebum shift ends. He goes to the front of the cafe and spots Miyeon sitting all by herself in the booth. He takes a deep breathe. He slowly walks over to her. Her eyes look directly at him. 

"Hey." Jaebum says nervously. 

"Hi." Miyeon responds. Jaebum slips into the booth and sits across from Miyeon. They stare at eachother for a long time without exchanging  a word. 

"So.." Jaebum begins. "What are you here for?" 

Miyeon shrugs. "I don't even know." She takes a long pause. "I wanted something sweet and I got some ice cream." 

"W

Please log in to read the full chapter