Chapter Two

Heart Without a Beat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Two:

The first recipient they meet is a seven-year-old boy named Jihun. The young little boy was blind after he had an accident where he fell from a tree and hit his head. Mrs. Oh approaches the young little boy and held her tears. When Jihun makes eye contact with her, she smiles and the tears start to fall down her cheeks. Miyeon smiles then the little boy looks at her. "Pretty noona." He calles her. 

The second recipient they meet is a twenty-five-year-old-women. Her life was saved when they donated Sehun's kidney to her. Her name is Siyeon. She was in college and studying to become a doctor. She fell incredibly ill for a few months and wasn't able to go to school for a while until she was informed that she would be getting a kidney. When Siyeon meets Mr. & Mrs. Oh she immediately hugs them. "Thank you so much for everything." Siyeon says between her sobs. "You're son made such a huge difference in my life. I promise will always remember you guys." Mrs. Oh silently cries and hugs Siyeon back. "Thank you." 

The third recipient they meet is a fourteen-year-old boy named Joongi. He was donated the liver. The young was fairly quiet when they walked into his house. He did say "Thank you" to the parents and promised he would write back. 

One-by-one they visit every recipient on the list. Even if at times it was an awkward situation they were glad to meet all the recipients. 

On that Friday after work, Miyeon and her friend Hana sat in the school faculty room. "I have to go." Miyeon looks down at her phone. "What? Why?" Her friend Hana pouts as she watches her friend stand up her seat. "I promised Mr. & Mrs. Oh that I would go with them to see the last recipient on the list." "Oh." Hana sighs silently "How was it?" "Well it was difficult but when I realize how many people Sehun saved it makes me feel a little better." Hana nods "Well then good luck." Miyeon smiles lightly. She walks out the elementary school, she works in and heads to her car. She looks down at her phone and finds the address to the last home. 

The last recipient got Sehun's heart. Miyeon understood that Mrs. Oh wanted it to be the last one because it held such a deep meaning. They were scared to see who it was but they wanted to hear Sehun's heart beating again. Miyeon too was nervous and scared. She didn't know how she would react. 

Miyeon arrives at the address she was given. She sees Mr. & Mrs. Oh and their daughter Eunmi. They stand by their vehicle and smile as she parks next to them. "Hey." Eunmi smiles and walks over to Miyeon. "Hello." Miyeon formally reponds. "Lets go in and meet the Im family." 

Miyeon walks behind the Oh Family as the appriach the front porch of the Im family. Miyeon notices the flower beds on the sides of the house. The grass is green and the atmosphere is warm. Mr. Oh knocks on the door. He stares back at his wife and she hold on tightly to his arm. Eunmi sighs heavily and closes her eyes. Miyeon's legs begin to tremble. 

The door opens and a middle aged women appears. She has a thing yellow cardigan covering her upper body and her hair is above her shoulders as black as the dark sky. She stares at Mr. And Mrs. Oh. "Hello." Mr. Oh bows. She slightly bows. "I am Oh Jihyun and this is my wife Sunhee. We are the parents of Oh Sehun. We got a letter about a week ago informing us that the heart reci

Please log in to read the full chapter