Chapter Twelve

Heart Without a Beat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Twelve

Jinyoung paces around the room in circles. 

"Hey you okay?" Youngjae, Jinyoung's closest guy friend asks. Jinyoung stops and makes a face.

"Yeah." Jinyoung responds. 

"Why you pacing around my room like a maniac?" Youngjae asks keeping his eyes on the screen at the corner of hjs room. "I swear I can feel the room shaking."

Jinyoung lets out a sigh. "No nothing. I'm just thinking..." 

 

Miyeon runs around her room looking for a nice shirt to wear. "Ugghhh I have nothing to wear." 

Hana sits on the edge of her best friend's bed. She has her laptop on her lap and continues answering the questions to the princess quiz she is taking. "I got it!" She exclaiks loudly. 

"Got what?" Miyeon turns to her friend hoping for advice on her outfit. 

"I got princess Rapunzel!" Hana claps her hands together. 

Miyeon rolls her eyes. "Wow." She turns back to her closet and looks for another shirt. "I don't have anything nice."

Hana looks up from her laptop. "Do you need help?" She stands up from her bed and moves over to Miyeon's closet. "I think you should wear something cute. It is spring. Maybe a pastel pink, purple or blue!" She begins to dig through her best friend's closet. She pulls out a purple blouse. 

"You think that will look nice?" Miyeon asks raising an eyebrow. 

"Yes!" Hana sings out. "Wear it with some black jeans and your white Adidas." Hana advices. She once again digs through Miyeon's closet on search for a purse. 

Miyeon quickly grabs the shirt and runs to the bathroom. "This better work!" She yells out. 

"IT WILL!" Hana exclaims back. She grabs out a cute shoulder bag that matches with the purple blouse. She goes back to her laptop and searches for makeup tutorials. 

"Not bad." Miyeon walks into her room and stares at herself in the door mirror. "It looks nice."

"Told you!" Hana giggles. Her phone begins to ring and a bright smile spreads across her face. "It's Yugyeom." She quickly dashes out to the hallway to answer his call. Miyeon shakes her head and heads to the small white vanity at the corner of her room. She applies a small amounts of BB cream. She doesn't want to overdue herself with heavy makeup. She wants to look simple and cute. She continues puttinh on makeup for another 5 minutes. Hana comes back into the room with a wide cheeky smile across her face. 

"What's with you?" Miyeon glares through her mirror. 

"Yugyeom asked me if I was free tommorrow." Hana pulls her phone towards her chest. "He wants to hang out!" 

"You should!" Miyeon says and continues putting on blush.

Hana nods and walks towards her friend. "Yes but today it is about you and not me. Lets do your hair." Hana quickly walks over to grab her bookbag and pulls out a hair waver. She carefully plugs it into the outlet of the wall. While they wait for it to heat up, Hana parts Miyeon's hair into pieces. 

"Are you excited?" Hana asks.

"Kind of nervous." Miyeon sighs. 

"Don't worry." Hana pokes Miyeon's cheek. "Bet you anything he is nervous too."

It takes them about an hour and a half to get Miyeon ready. Hana leaves before Jaebum arrives to pickup Miyeon. Miyeon sits on the stairs of her front porch and plays on her phone. She watches when a black convertible pulls up. Jaebum walks out of his car. He looks directly at Miyeon and smiles at her the same way Sehun used to. 

Miyeon suddenly finds herself comparing Sehun and Jaebum. She feels as if they are the same person in two different bodies. She has to admit that Jaebum has a strong aura. He is very handsome. His hair is combed back. He wears faded jeans with a white shirt. He is also wearing a black leather jacket. He looks like a character from 'Grease' 

"You ready?" Jaebum asks as he walks over to Miyeon. 

"Y-y-eah." Miyeon stutters out. She quickly stands up from the stairs and follows Jaebum to his car. 

"I am sorry if my car is a little messy. I haven't had time to clean it." Jaebum informs as he opens the passenger for Miyeon. 

"It's okay." Miyeon sits back in the seat and breathes in Jaebum's cologne. "So where are we going?" Miyeon asks once Jaebum steps into his car and turns it on. 

He smiles brightly revealing his pearly whites. "You'll see."

Jaebum and Miyeon arrive at a 1950s styled restaurant. 

"Wow." Miyeon exclaims as they walk into the restaurant. "This is amazing." She scans around and notices the high chairs, red counters, black and white floors and 1950s jukebox. 

"You like it?" Jaebum asks. 

"I love it." Miyeon exclaims happily. They walk over to

Please log in to read the full chapter