Chapter Fourteen

Heart Without a Beat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Fourteen:

"It's just I am so stupid!" Hana cries into her knees and hugs them. "I fell for him Miyeon." 

Miyeon sits next to her best friend on the floor of her room. She pats her friend's back to calm her down. "Maybe he isn't the one." Hana quickly looks up at her friend and then more tears trickle down her face. Right after she left the cafe she called Miyeon asking her if she was home because she needed someone to talk to. Miyeon responded with a yes and before she could say one more word she heard a knocking on the door; Hana in tears. 

"Why is life so unfair?" Hana cries even more.

"I am sure there are more boys. You are super pretty." Miyeon says. "I-" Her phone begins to ring, she quickly grabs it from her bed. She stares at the screen.

"Aren't you gonna answer it?" Hana asks sniffling. 

"Yeah." Miyeon nods. She quickly accepts the call. "Hello?" 

"Miyeon!" Jaebum's voice chirps from the other end. "Hey are you busy?" 

"I'm with Hana right now." Miyeon begins. "Is there something going on?" 

"I was just wondering if you would like to come over to the cafe. We are having discounts on some of the meals." Jaebum informs. 

"Ummmmm." Miyeon looks over at Hana. Hana looks down at the ground and heaves a loud sigh. 

"You can go." Hana whispers "I will go home anyways." 

"We'll be there!" Miyeon chirps into the phone. Hana's eyes widen. "Bye Jaebum!" 

"Cool. Bye Miyeon." Jaebum laughs and then hangs up the phone. 

"Excuse yourself." Hana stands up from the ground. "What do you mean by we'll?" She rolls her eyes. 

"I think you need some fresh air." Miyeon informs. "You need to clese your mind from that boy." 

"I guess so." Hana looks down at her feet. "I am starving actually." 

Miyeon slightly chuckles. "Alright lets go!" 

The moment they step inside the cafe, they are welcomed by the super hyper Jackson.

"Hello ladies." He says in a flirtatious and kind way. He smiles brightly.  

"Hello." Miyeon greets back. Hana quitely follows her from behind. 

Jackson carefully watches as the girls take a seat inside a booth. "OH Jaebum." He sings as he hops away to the back of the restaurant. "Your girlfriend is here." 

"Really?" Jaebum's eyes glisten. He wipes his hands on dry paper towel. "She came rather quick." 

"She brought a friend too." Jackson turns his attention to his friend Mark "She's pretty too." 

Mark stops labeling the coffees and glares at Jackson. "Stop playing matchmaker." 

"Mhmmm." Jackson coos. He quickly walks back to the front of the restaurant. He then stands at the cash register and watches as a happy Jaebum walks over to the girls' table to take their orders. 

"Hey Miyeon." He says and stands next to her. 

"Hello Jaebum." She responds back and smiles brightly at the boy. 

Hana watches the cute interaction between both of them and can't help but smile. 

"What will you guys be ordering today?" Jaebum asks as he brings out a pen from his apron. 

"You told us to come over because of the specials." Miyeon sits back. "So we came." 

"You're right." Jaebum smiles. "We h

Please log in to read the full chapter