Chapter Three

Heart Without a Beat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Three: 

Miyeon silently walks down her street. She watches as kids run past her gleefully.

After meeting Jaebum the last recipient, she couldn't stop thinking about him. She wanted to ask him many questions but she was afraid. She hardly asked anything. Miyeon always lived in her small world and feared people. 

Miyeon's phone suddenly starts ringing. "Hello?" She answers in a muffled voice.

"Hey!" A gleeful voice on the other end reponds "Where are you?"

"I am outside why?" She asks 

"Lets meet up at the usual place." 

"Fine." She sighs "I will be there in like three minutes." 

It doesn't even take Miyeon three minutes to get to the neighborhood park. As she gets closer she spots Jinyoung sitting on a bench and skimming on his phone. When he notices her, he immediately puts his phone away and smiles brightly at her.

"Look who finally shows up." He pats Miyeon's head. 

"Yeah. I think it is time for me to take care of my body and be more productive." Miyeon snarls back. 

"Yeah because you are gaining weight!" Jinyoung jokes. 

"Shut up!" Miyeon rolls her eyes. 

Jinyoung and Miyeon have been friends since they were in grade school. They had an instant connection after they swapped pokemon cards during recess. Ever since then they had been inseparable. 

"Have you been feeling?" Jinyoung asks. 

"About what?" Miyeon asks clueless. 

"You know the whole thing about visiting recipients and all." Jinyoung asks 

"Oh." Miyeon looks down at her feet. "It's alright." 

Jinyoung waits for Miyeon to say more. "Anything else?"

"What?" Miyeon shrugs. "Their isn't much to say." She is being sincere abou it. She doesn't have much to say about the recipients and how she feels. She is still struggling to move on with her life. 

"Oh Miyeonnie." Jinyoung chuckles "You are my weird dorky friend." 

Miyeon rolls her eyes at him and then smiles softly for a brief second before it disappears. 

Miyeon and Jinyoung end up talking for hours. They can talk and talk about random things and never get bored.

"It was nice seeing you again." Jinyoung stops infront of her home's doorstep. He smiles brightly at Miyeon. 

Miyeon smiles back and pushes her long black hair away from her face. "Yeah. It was nice." 

"I guess I will see you around. Maybe in school?" Jinyoung slightly angles his head. 

"Yeah. School." At that moment Miyeon realizes she is tired and she just wants to take a long nap. It has been such a long day and all she wants to do it sleep in. 

"Well then" Jinyoung stutters "Good night Miyeon." 

"Goodnight" Miyeon turns around and unlocks the door to her home. She closes it and not once does she turn to look back at Jinyoung. 

Jinyoung looks at the door. He smiles once again. He wants to tell her something that he has been hiding for quite a while but he doesn't know how. He walked off in the dark night and headed home to get a good night's sleep. 

 

"Jaebum?" Jaebum props up from his bed and look at his mom who is standing by his bedroom door.

"Yeah mom?" He answers back and turns his phone off.

"How are you feeling?" She asks calmy

"I'm good." Jaebum answers hesitantly. "Why do you ask?" 

Seulmin walks in closer and sits on his bed. "I was just wondering. You seemed a little off when the Oh family came. I was just worried." 

Jaebum shakes his head. "No mom. Its okay. I was just a little suprised, that's all." 

"You sure?" Seulmin asks doubtfully. "You seem a little off." 

"I am okay mom. Don't worry." Jaebum stands up from his bed. He looks down at his watch. 

Please log in to read the full chapter