Chapter Five

Heart Without a Beat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Five: 

Jaebum watches as Miyeon stands up from the booth. She grabs her purse and smiles at the boy next to her. "Dude you are starring like a stalker." Jackson says as he stands next to Jaebum. "It's kind of creepy." 

Jaebum glares at Jackson. "Aren't you suppose to be cleaning table three?" Jaebum points to the table. 

"Yeah but I am just giving you advice on how to properly stare at girls." Jackson answers jokingly "If you like a girl, get her number. Go and ask her for it." Jaebum and Jackson turn andsee that Miyeon has left the booth. Jaebum looks out the window and sees that Miyeon is getting inside a black vehicle. 

"Don't worry." Jackson pats Jaebum on the back. "She will come back. The food here is so good." He walks off to clean the tables that are left. 

Jaebum heaves a slight sigh. He grabs his cleaning towel and goes to clean the table that Miyeon was eating in.

 

The next morning Miyeon strolls into the college lounge. She surveys the lounge in search for Hana. She spots Hana sitting on a corner table with a notebook and a laptop. She quitely walks up to her and stares at her friend. Hana looks up and smiles brightly. "Hey Miyeon!" She half yells. 

"Hey." Miyeon replies back and pulls the chair to sit in. "What are you doing?" 

"Just finishing up this paper." Hana answers. "I thought you wouldn’t come." 

"I was." Miyeon says "We need to work on our project." 

"That is true." Hana nods. "Let me just find the powerpoint." Hana gazes down at her laptop and searches for the powerpoint. Miyeon looks up and sees the boy Hana likes walking into the lounge. He has the same leather jacket, a cup of coffee in his right hand and his earbuds on. His bangs falls infront of his forhead. He takes a sip of his coffee before finding a table to study at. He takes a seat very close to them. In fact the seat he sits in is right next to their own table. He pulls out a thick notebook and some math problems. He grabs his earphones and plugs them into his ears. 

"Now I see why you wanted to meet here." Miyeon slaps Hana's shoulder. 

"What are you talking about?" Hana glares as she reaches in to sooth the pain on her shoulder. Miyeon points towards Yugyeom. "Oh!" 

"Did you stalk him again?" Miyeon asks jokingly. 

"I did. Last week." Hana looks back at her laptop and starts smiling.

"Liar." Miyeon snarls. "You are such a liar! You been stalking him huh?"  

"No." Hana chuckles. Miyeon starts chuckling as well. "Come on lets get working on our project. I don't want to waste time." Miyeon huffs and Hana turns to her and sticks her tongue out. They begin working working on the beginning of their presentation. Little does Hana know that Yugyeom was listening in to their conversation. He smiles shyly and looks down at his phone. 

He knew all about Hana. He remembers her from math of the previous semester. The first time he saw her he jusy casually glanced at her and never really paid attention to her. He later saw when a group of students approached Hana when she got her braces off. She smiled and saw her pearly white teeth. He thought she was cute. He didn't want to notice her so he ignored her all semester. 

He was pretty suprised when he saw her in math class this semester again. One thing he did notice for sure was that she would stare at him in class. He would occasionally catch her unintentionally gazing at him. When she would notice, she would immediately look away and blush. He thought it was cute. 

Not only that but he also noticed that she would say hello to him and goodbye to him when she had the chance. He would reply back to her for formality but he also would get a warm feeling inside of him. He kind of dislikes that Hana doesn't greet him everyday. He secretly watches her too. He watched her get into her car a few weeks ago when he walked to his car that afternoon. He watched her walk into her English class as well. He had seen her around the campis quite often. He also wants to talk to her but doesn't know how to. 

Please log in to read the full chapter