Chapter Ten

Heart Without a Beat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Ten: 

"A date?" Miyeon gives Jaebum an anxious look. "Isn't that a little too soon?" 

Jaebum chuckles slightly. "Yeah." He clears his throat. "We can just hang out." 

"I-I-I." Miyeon looks over at her friend who is smiling brightly while taking a sip of her coffee. 

Jaebum scoofs and shakes his head. "Never mind. Just ignore what I said. Just forget it." He slowly begins to walk away and tries to hide the fact that the rejection stinged. 

Hana gasps and turns to her friend. She gives her stern look and shakes her head. "Miyeon." She whispers. 

"Jaebum!" Miyeon exclaims. He turns around with wide eyes. "Lets hang out as friends." 

"Really?" His voice raises an octave. "You really want to?" 

Miyeon nods. "Yeah. It will be fun." She smiles nervously. 

"Are you sure?" Jaebum askes worried. "I don't want you to feel preesure into saying yes."

Miyeon shook her head. "I am totally fine with it." She smiles trying to persuade him. 

Jaebum smiles back. "Awesome. I guess I will seee you around." He walks away slowly but turns once more to wave at Miyeon. She waves back and turns to her friend Hana who is smiling brightly at her. 

"Omg!" Hana screams earning some stares from the students around them. "I want to help you pick out a cute outfit. Can I?" 

"What?" Miyeon sends a glare at her friend. "No! We are going as friends." 

Hana begins to chuckle. "That's what you think." She poks her friend's stomach. "You know it's a date." 

Miyeon rolls her eyes at her friend. "Whatever. Go do your homework." She points back to the table where Hana has all her notebooks out. 

"Fine." Hana groans and walks back. She turns away and notices Yugyeom starring back at her. She smiles slightly and waves at him. He smiles back and waves back. His cheeks turn slightly red and he tries to hide it by looking down at his math homework. 

Hana and Yugyeom have been talking since the day they exchanged numbers. A few days to be exact. Yugyeom thought it was cute the way Hana had approached him. From all the girls that have approached him none of them ever did something like her; erase her math homework and get help from him. Most girls wpuld approach him and straight up ask if they wanted to date. Hana was indeed different from them. She hadn't confessed to him but he knew she felt something for him. He could see when she stole glances in math class or when he walked into class. He knew it but he was afraid to approach her. He knew she was different. Not only did she dress different from his ex-girlfriends but something about her personality was different. He noticed she was bubbly and always seemed happy. She wasn't an overly happy girl with an annoying attitude but when he would stare at her he would see her smiling all the time. He did get to know more about her like the fact she has 3 younger siblings and that she is the oldest. He also learbed that she likes dancing just like him. It was a hobby that she enjoyed doing during her freetime. That captivated his interest in her even more.

As of now Yugyeom thought she was an interesting person. His heart did race a little whenever she would wave or greet him but he didn't think he had a crush on her. He just liked when she was around. He finds her fun and bubbly. Yugyeom thinks it is too early to define her as a crush. He wants to take the time to get to know her. He wants to create a friendship with Hana as of now. He doesn't know where this will lead but for he hopes that they get tp break the awkward wall between their friendship. 

Yugyeom watches intently as Hana gathers her stuff up. She tucks everything into her backpack and tosses her back across her back. She walks off with her friend which he believes is named Miyeon from what he recalls from Hana's text messages. They dispear from his sight. He turns his undivided attention back to his books and continues studying the next chapter in his math book. 

 

"Hey." Hana pulls the chair next Yugyeom and sits next to

Please log in to read the full chapter