Chapter Eleven

Heart Without a Beat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Eleven: 

The weekend comes up by fairly quickly. By the end of the week Miyeon finds herself stacked up with homework. 

"What are you going to do this weekend?" Hana asks Miyeon as they walk out their work. 

"Lots of homework." Miyeon brags. "I have a report I have to write from my Education class, three pages of algebra, and study for my upcoming quiz for sociology." 

Hana nods. "College !" They continue walking until they reach Hana's parked vehicle. 

"So how are you and Yugyeom doing?" Miyeon brings up. 

"He's cool." Hana responds. "We text everyday and talk." 

"What do you guys talk about?" Miyeon asks once more. 

"Well we talk about anything really friends, family, school, hobbies, etc. But we do talk alot about our homework." Hana answers. "You know how in two weeks we won't work? Well we will actually study together." 

"Really?" Miyeon smiles. "How cute. Have you thought about asking him out?" 

Hana shyly shakes her head. "Nope. I like having this friendship. I like him a bit but I don't want to rush things." 

"Well I will keep pushing you to him." Miyeon jokes. 

"What? Are you for reals?" Hana asks as her face because serious. 

"Well you keep insisting me to move on. I might as well insist on you finding someone." Miyeon answers.

Hana groans and looks away. "This is so not cool."

Miyeon laughs a bit. 

"The other day I saw Jinyoung." Hana brings up. 

"Really?" Miyeon's eyes widen with curiosity. 

"Yeah." Hana begins. "I was walking to my usual spot and I bumped into him. He asked me where you were. Honestly he kept talking about you." 

"What?" Miyeon makes a face. "You are lying." 

Hana shakes her head and looks up across the street as if she were waiting for something. "I am not. Will you get mad if I tell you something?" She turns her gaze back to Miyeon. She shakes her head. "I feel like Jinyoung likes you."

Miyeon raises an eyebrow. "What are you saying?" 

"Don't you ever think that? I mean when he sees you his eyes glisten and when he stares at you he looks so happy. The other day that I saw him he immediately asked about you. He asked me if I knew your schedule. It was interesting." 

"You're just making things up." Miyeon laughs nervously. "I think you are hallucinating."

Hana turns to her nervous friend. Maybe she is. "Fine. But you never know." She looks down at her phone. "I gotta go. I will see you Monday." 

"Yeah. See you Monday." Miyeon walks over to her car and opens the driver's door. She sits in her car and glances at the window thinking about what Hana just said. 

Jinyoung is very special to Miyeon. They go way back to grade school where they first met. Miyeon sometimes had troubles making friends because of her peculiar and distant personality. She preferred spending her time alone although at times she likes hanging out with some of her classmates. 

"Excuse me?" Miyeon looked up from her notebook and saw a small figure standing before her. His arms were crossed over his chest and a cold expression was plastered on his face. "This is my spot." 

"I found it first." She stated as she fixed her posture. "This is MY spot." 

The boy infront of her scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Who is older?" 

Please log in to read the full chapter