Chapter Four

Heart Without a Beat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Four: 

Jinyoung sits patiently in his car and waits for Miyeon to arrive home from her work. He silently listens to the radio and ocasionally glances up to see if she shows up. He wants to spend some time with her. Ever since Sehun's death Miyeon became distant from everyone including him. He worried a lot about her. 

Right after Sehun died, Jinyoung would watch over her. He would visit her and make sure she would go out and eat. He did this for about a month until he realized Miyeon looked pretty annoyed. He gave her space but he still managed to send her a text or teo everyday. 

His first semester at the community college began and he became preoccupied with his classes. He found a new job at a call center and his texting became less frequent. He would text her every two days. They started to see eachother less and tha made he feel bad. He realized that he had missed her a lot and that his feelings for her were growing as time passed.

He knew he had feelings for her since they were in 9th grade but he always hide them so well. He had a crush on her. He never told her how he felt because she was with Sehun and she seemed so happy. He didn't want to interfere between them and make things worse. Instead he just supported their relationship and tried to be as cheerful as he could be. It did hurt him when he saw them together but he hid it. 

Miyeons pulls up by her house, she parks infront of her house. As she gets out, Jinyoung rolls his car window down. "Miyeonnie!"

Miyeon turns to him and a smile forms on her face. "Jinyoung what are you doing here?" 

"Want to go out and eat? I am super hungry." Jinyoung smiles brightly. 

Miyeon gives it a thought. She is starving and she doesn't want to go home just yet. "Yeah I would love to!" Miyeon exclaims "Give me a minute. I need to go change into comfy clothes." 

Jinyoung nods. Miyeon walks off to her house and goes to change into a casual attire. She bolts up the stairs and into her room. She looks at the window and sees Jinyoung leaning against his car door. She goes to her closet. She pulls a simple white shirt, black jeans and black vans. She runs to the bathroom and puts on some lipstick. She fixes her ponytail. "There." She grabs her purse and runs out. 

Jinyoung smiles when he sees Miyeon walking towards her. He runs to the passenger seat and opens the door for Miyeon. 

"Thank you." Miyeon whispers as she sits down on the passenger seat. Jinyoung smiles brightly and runs back to his seat. He gets in and turns on the car. 

"Where are we heading?" Miyeon puts on her seatbelt and looks back at Jinyoung. 

"I found this cafe just a few minutes away from here. It barel opened like three weeks ago and I had wanted to go. I didn't want to go alone, so I thought it would be a good idea to ask you to come with me." Jinyoung explains keeping hs eues on the road. 

"That is sweet of you to think of me." Miyeon says "I haven't gone out in quite a while actually." 

"Yeah I know." Jinyoung sighs. "It worries me a lot. You should be going out and meeting with your friends."

"Yeah but you know it has been difficult these last few months." Miyeon gazes down at her fiddling hands. "I haven't been feeling so great. I know I should be moving on but I keep dwelling on the past." "I understand." Jinyoung begins "It will take time but just know that there are people who love and care for you. We are always here for you whenever you need us." Miyeon smiles slightly "Thank you Jinyoung." 

Within 15 minutes they arrive the cafe. Miyeon looks out the passenger window. The cafe looks so casual yet fancy. She can smell the str

Please log in to read the full chapter