Chapter Seven

Heart Without a Beat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven:

Miyeon sat at her favorite spot in the CT building at the college campus. She claimed it her spot after she realized it was close to her 11:00 am math class and because it had a beautiful view of the college campus. Spring had just arrived. The trees bloomed with beautiful white flowers. More students sat outside and worked on their respective projects.  She would casually glimpse outside the window and stare at the students walking around. Miyeon loves that she was able to see the student center and the TB building from her spot. She was able to analyze students and nature but mostly nature. She was feeling a little sad at the moment. In fact, she has been a little gloomy since she had woken up from her deep slumbers. She had a dream about Sehun once again. It hardly happened but she would dream about him whenever she thought about him before going to bed. She sighs heavily and proceeds to working on her math homework. 

She was working on her homework for a good twenty minutes until someone intterupted her. "I see your working hard!" The gleeful voice behind her roars. She turns around and sees her childhood friend Jinyoung smiling at her with his pearly white teeth. 

"Jinyoung!" She exclaims. She watches as he pulls the chair next to her and sits on it. She casually stares at the thin dark green jacket he wears. She likes it. "What are you doing here?" 

"I just came out of  my humanties class." He points towards the class at the end of the hall where a bunch of students walk out. "The professor let us out early today. She said something about having an appointment because her son is getting his wisdome teeth out." 

"Oh." Miyeon smiles. "How lovely." She looks down at her homework. She only has three math problems left. 

Jinyoung nods. "Kind of gross in my opinion." He stares at Miyeon. He notices how different she looks. He remembers how in grade school she was taller then him. Other students would make fun of him because of his height. He would get a little sad but that didn't stop him from fighting back. 

"So?" Miyeon coughs trying to break the silence between her and Jinyoung. "How is your day going so far?" 

"Pretty good." Jinyoung states. "I have only two classes to go after this. Today I got my day off of work." 

"How nice." Miyeon says. She looks down at her lap and smiles slightly. 

"So Miyeon." Jinyoung begins nervously. "Do you work today?" 

"Yeah. I work at an after school." Miyeon chuckles slightly. "I do get off at 5 today though!"

"That's awesome." Jinyoung smiles nervously. He scratches the back of his head. "Do you want to go out and eat?"

Miyeon's eyes widen. "Today?" 

"Yeah." Jinyoung stutters. "Or any other day. Your choice. I was just thinking it would be nice if it were today since I got the day off and I got paid."

"Sure." Miyeon nods. "I would like that actually." 

"Really?" Jinyoung stares at Miyeon in suprise. "You are okay with it?" 

"Yeah." Miyeon "We can go get some smoothies or something. Lets go to the coffee shop downtown."

"Totally!" Jinyoung nods in agreement. "I will pick you up at your work. Is that okay?" 

"Yes." Miyeon nods. 

"Okay. Sweet." Jinyoung stands up from his chair. "I have to go now. I will text you later." Miyeon nods and watches as Jinyoung walks off. He turns around and flashes a smile at Miyeon. He waves at her. She smiles back at him and waves. He turns away from her and heads out the door. 

Jinyoung smiles to himself. He is excited to spend more time with Miyeon. 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter