007

Stars Without Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“How was your first today at school?” He mum asked as soon as Yoojung slammed her body onto the sofa in the middle of living room.

She let out a deep sigh, “Don’t ever ask mum.”

“Why?” Her mum took a sit beside her.

“Nah, nothing,” Yoojung stopped, “You couldn’t expect me to have a friend on the first day right? Well, maybe I got a friend but I’m not sure. I just feel not right. I miss Doyeon and Somi. And…”

Mum cut her words, “Girl, I know it’s hard to accept the fact that they’re not by your side. But they always here right? In your heart? They will stay with you even they’re far away.”

Her lips slightly curved upwards.

“I’m going upstairs. I’m so tired today.” She grabbed her bag before making her way to her room.

 

✰✰✰✰✰

 

“So we have a new friend today,” The teacher looks outside, “Come here.”

Yoojung slowly walked into the class with a hella awkward face. She stood like a wood beside the teacher and stay quiet.

“Don’t you want to introduce yourself?” His question startled the girl.

“Uh, yes,” Her eyes wandered around the class, “Hi, I’m Choi Yoojung. I come from Seoul. I hope we could be friend.”

A big applause comes from the students in the class. Some of them smile while looking at her, some of them didn’t even care that she's here, and some of them giving her kind of stare that she knows going to be a problem for her.

“Nice to know you, Yoojung,” Mr. Kim said, “You could sit at the empty seat there.”

Oh great… There’s only one spot empty in the class, like they know I’m going to come here.

She walked towards the seat with all the eyes on her. She sit beside her deskmate quietly as he had his head on the table, probably sleeping.

“So we’re going to start our class now.” Mr. Kim said to start the class for today, “Yoojung, could you please wake up your deskmate?”

Okay, this is not funny. I don’t even know him but then I need to wake him up. Wouldn’t he freak out to suddenly have someone sits beside him????

“Uh,” Yoojung gulped. She tapped his arms for few times, “Hey.” She slowly called for him as she didn’t know his name.

He refused at first but slowly lifted his head up and looked around him just to know that all the attention in the class went to him right now. He grinned as he said sorry to the teacher.

He turned his attention to Yoojung. His face obviously showing that he was clueless with her existence there.

“Who are you?” He asked the girl.

“Hi, I’m Choi Yoojung, a transfer student. It’s my first day today.” She simply introduced myself. Sigh, I am really going to have a hard time here.

“Oh, okay.” He shrugged.

“Uh,” She went speechless. Oh great, he’s not going to even introduce himself? What a great deskmate I have.

She don’t know how she could get the courage I never had before, “And you?”

He looked at her with a blank face.

Okay, how am I supposed to react with this kind of situation?

He smiled, “Jihoon. My name is Park Jihoon. You could call me handsome if you want.” He winked at her.

Wait???? He winked at me? DID HE JUST WINK AT ME? OH MY GOD WHAT A WEIRD DESKMATE I HAVE…… I’m…… I give up.

Yoojung sighed, loud enough to be heard by him.

“You’re not going to take that seriously right?” He asked.

To be honest, all I want now is for you to stop talking to me. I wish I could say that out loud right in his face but I’m not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter