002

Stars Without Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Guys, I have something to tell you." Yoojung couldn't look straight into their eyes and kept her head low.

"Yoojung." Daehwi held her hand so that she could calm down a little bit.

Yoojunh took a deep breath before letting it out. She looked at their face one by one before continue with her words.

"I'm going to Busan next week."

"Busan? For a vacation?" Somi quickly asked.

She shook her head and sighed. "I’m going to move." She couldn't lift her head up, she's afraid that she will cry as soon as she saw their clueless face.

"Wait, you're kidding right?" Doyeon laughed despite being in the serious moment. "You're joking right Yoojung? Is it April Fool today?”

"No, I'm not lying. My father has to transfer there, so do I." Yoojung sighed again. "I'm sorry for not telling this earlier. I just don't know how to say it."

"So that's why you're so off today?" Somi could get what is wrong with her best friend today.

"Yeah, kind of. I just wonder like how I can leave you guys behind especially..." A bead of tears started to come out from her eyes without being asked.

Damn. I hate these kinds of stuff.

Yoojunf quickly shed the tears and smiled while looking at Daehwi.

Daehwi had his head down while clenching his fist.

"Daehwi?" The girl called for his name.

One, two, three.... There's no response from him.

"Lee Daehwi?" Yoojung tapped his shoulders and that's when he suddenly stood up and left the cafe. She was startled by his action. Daehwi never acted like this. Not even once.

"Guys?" Yoojung asked panicking.

"Go and chase him, we'll be fine here." Doyeon calmly said even she knows they weren’t, but she could totally understand how miserable Daehwi could be right now cause she felt it before too... when both of Seongwoo and her need to be apart because of their parents' stupid argument because of damn stupid money.

 

✰✰✰✰✰

 

"Daehwi." Yoojung kept calling for his name when she can't see him around.

"Daehwi, don't do this to me." She started to cry.

Daehwi never did this to me. He would always be the one who makes things right... He would always be the one who will be my side through thick and thin. It will only be him who can calm me down when I wasn't in the right mind.

It has always been him.

From afar, she could see a figure she really knew, was sitting on the bench at the park. Yoojung sighed.

There you are, my boy.

My lips formed a slight smile. At the very least, she found him.

Yoojung walked slowly towards him and silently took a seat beside him.

"You're kidding right?" Finally, she could hear his voice, talking to her.

"I wish I am but I'm sorry Daehwi. That's the truth." She sighed.

"But why now? It hasn’t been so long since we were together." He stopped, "You know it's almost impossible for me to live without you by my side."

"Do you think I can?"

"Have you tried talking to your parents? Or maybe I could do it." Daehwi felt the urge to make her stay even though he knows it was almost impossible for him to do that.

Who is he to stop them? He might be Yoojung’s boyfriend. But that’s it. Not more than that. He could do nothing. Maybe he has always been the one who makes things right between them but not now. This time it’s different.

"I have tried everything Daehwi. It just won't work. They really want me to follow them to Busan. I couldn't do anything about it." She paused, "I know it's hard for you, so do I. But Daehwi, at the very least, can you promise me something?" She said while looking at him.

He slowly raised his head up and looked deeply into his girl's eyes. She smiled and took his hand in hers.

"Promise me, that you will always love me and never let me go, no matter what happen. I know it's hella cheesy but yeah."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter