Remember

A Love from Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A mess. His head hurt and his mind was cloudy he was doubting to open his eyes but he had to. The dizziness that invaded him make him be three seconds away from throwing up. He ran to the bathroom and emptied his stomach. He felt bad, and it was just two bottles of wine? he doesn't remember, how week of him. Actually two bottles are the one he remembers, it might be more cause halfway the night he doesn't remember anything. He walked back to his room and covered the windows rejecting every type of light that might come inside the room, he rested his body on the bed as he felt tireness all over his body, he needed at least a whole day of sleep. Mark covered himself from head to toe with his blankets and finally he felt a bit better, under the dark place inside the blanket nothing was moving so he didn't felt dizzy, aside from the smell of his breath nothing was bothering.
His mind returned to last night and realization hit him. Jinyoung. He stood up in one go almost falling from the dizziness, he moved to the living room expecting to see the younger boy there. It was empty he checked the kitchen just in case and again it was empty. The note on the fridge caught the attention of Marks eyes; "Thanks for the food" it said.
He sighed, he probably ruined his chances with Jinyoung, he left without saying much, he doesn't know what he said or what he did, he might have told everything and scare Jinyoung or even maybe jump him and scare Jinyoung or probably just turned into a dumb drunk man saying nonsense and scare Jinyoung. Regret filled him, why did he suggest to take wine, he carved his own grave.
He returned to his bed again covering himself hoping to not wake up again.

 

 

 


Lunch was an important meal for Mark, it was the one he shared with Alice and Oscar everyday so they can update each other on what's going on, usually there wasn't much to say but just spending time with them was enough.
"You got drunk and don't remember anything" Oscar laughed pointing him mockingly.
"Don't laugh!" Alice interrupted she gave a warm smile to Mark "let's just recall the events one by one" she suggested.
Hayle glared at them before saying "I just wanna know if you said something weird to him"
"Why?" Alice asked her
"Jinyoung was spacing out today, like he was absent" Hayle explained "I asked him if something happened but he denied it"
Mark sighed and pressed his head against the table "I want to die" he mumbled
Oscar laughed again "You're dead already, remember?"
"Your not helping" Alice nagged, she glanced around his eyes noticing the boy that entered the cafeteria "look!" She exclaimed and the three of then turned in the direction Alice pointed "let's invite him eat with us and see what he says"
"That's it. I'm leaving!" Mark stated.
"Jinyoung-ah sit here!" Hayle screamed, more like ordering the younger who quietly went to the table.
"Hi" Jinyoung gretted everyone as he sat beside Hayle .
"Did you sleep well?" Alice asked her smile weird
"Yes, I did..." Jinyoung answered shyly, you can tell he was awkward "did you sleep well hyung?" Jinyoung directly asked Mark.
"Y-yes..." Mark stammered while mentally face slap himself. "When did you left?"
"Ah! I-i left after..." Jinyoung murmured. His cheeks started to seem red.
"What happened to your lip btw?" Oscar asked him calmly "did somebody hit you or maybe it's a kiss bite?" He laughed at loud not noticing how Jinyoung cheeks and ears turned of a bright red.
"Ehh!!!" Alice exclaimed "which one? somebody hit you or Did you got a kiss bite?"
"Alice stop, your making him uncomfortable" Mark defended him. "If you don't want to tell us how your hurt your lip there's no need to" Mark smiled warmly making Jinyoung heart skip a beat.
"You're saying that but maybe you hit him last night and that's why he doesn't want to talk, you bully!" Alice joked and everybody smiled.
"Did I? Sorry but I don't remember what happened last night so if I did I'm sorry" Mark apologized wholeheartedly.
Without them noticing Jinyoung expression turned dark "You don't remember?" Jinyoung asked. Mark denied with his head and smiled shyly "I see... I guess it wasn't that important to him..." He murmured
"You said something?" Hayle that was beside him asked. While Oscar and Alice teased Mark.
"Nope, nothing." He lied, his chest hurt, he said he would move on but he had his hopes high that Mark might say something but he doesn't even remember how foolish.
"Its a kiss bite!" Jinyoung admitted.
"What?" Everyone exclaimed. Mark cheeks turned red did he kiss Jinyoung...?

"Mary bite me" Jinyoung lied and smiled bitterly. He doesn't know why he lied, maybe so the pain in his chest would calm down but it was useless it didn't stopped. Jinyoung doesn't understand himself, who does this pain belong to?, why was he so attached to Mark when they barely have talk and more importantly he was a man. Genre doesn't matter in the case of love but no matter how many pretty girls are in the office his eyes always end up laying on Mark.
The table was filled with silence, their eyes shifting from Mark to Jinyoung.
"Are you guys dating?" Mark asked him.
Jinyoung wanted to scream, his chest felt heavy. "Not yet" he faked a cocky smile. His eyes avoiding looking at Mark.
Maybe if he had saw Mark he would notice the sadness that filled his expression.
"Hope you have a nice relationship" Mark greeted him.
"Don't congratulate me, don't be happy for me, ask me to be with you" he wanted to say all those but none of them came out "Thanks" he mumbled.
"Anyway, wasn't this week kind of hard?" Alice tried to change the topic and the rest followed it.
The conversation continued but now Mark and Jinyoung stayed completely silent.

 


A failure. That's how Mark felt. He certainly did something last night and scared Jinyoung. He didn't wanted to admit it but now he felt helpless, love was to complicated for Marl and no matter how many new chances he got he keep messing up.
He was deeply in love, however now he would have to live on the way he couldn't while he was alive, live while watching Jinyoung with somebody else and to make everything worst he Now didn't have a place to run away.
"I wanna die" Mark murmured his head stuck in the desk "ill have to liv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter