Chapter 8

Aiming Higher

Jimin left the room leaving everyone else speechless. They didn't know what to say because they rarely got into fights with Jimin. She was always so easygoing and friendly.

"Someone should go after her," Jae breaks the silence.

"Just leave her. She doesn't seem like she wants us to talk to her," Jaebum sighs.

He lifts his girlfriends head off his shoulder to check how bad she got hurt. He gently rubs her cheek then puts a cold drink on the red mark.

"I trust her. So, I'm going to ask you this. What'd you do?" Jae asks the girl. "Don't play innocent."

"Not you too."

"Hyung, just let her answer."

"I-I just said that we should be friends. She didn't seem to like that idea."

"If I ask Jimin what happened, will she say the same thing?"

She opens to say something, but she couldn't think of anything to say. She knew that Jimin would tell a whole different story probably including the incident that happened in front of Baekhyun's house.

"She was the one who planned this get together too. Too bad she left."
 

Jimin's POV
I couldn't bring myself to turn on my phone. I really didn't want to. It was the last thing I wanted to do at the moment.

I should turn it on.

But I don't want to.

I sigh before forcing my self to turn it on. I throw the phone onto the bed because I didn't want to hear the possible buzzes. It was like a bomb was going to explode any second.

BUZZ

BUZZ

BUZZ

BUZZ

BUZZ

BUZZ

BUZZ

I only got 7 texts. I thought it'd be more. I was expecting a lot more.

I hesitantly pick up my phone then unlock it. I click the first conversation which was a group chat with all of us in it.

IM JYP
Jackson: Jamie, we're sorry. We want to know what you have to say so please forgive us. -everyone

Yerin: I'll actually listen to what you have to say now. I'm sorry.

Bambam: we love you~

STUPID JAE
Jae: I'm really sorry I didn't back you up.

Jae: Jamie~ forgive me?

Jae: Call me when you get the chance.

SEHUNSSI
S: Want to go home? I'm feeling home sick.

I want to go home. I want to see my parents. I haven't seen them in awhile. Instead of looking at them through a screen, I want to see them in person. I didn't realize how much I missed them until now. I even missed my annoying sibling. I was beginning to have regrets on moving to Seoul, but at the same time I couldn't see myself not being at Seoul.

I respond to Sehun first to say I'd come. It was only 10 so hopefully he didn't leave already. He responds a second latter which really surprised me.

Sehun: Perfect timing. I was just on my way out. I'll be at your place in 10.

The next priority was to call Jae then ask for his advice on how to respond to our friends. I do forgive them obviously, but if I said that does it mean I'm too easy?

"Jimin! I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I should've backed you up. Sorry I just sat there like an idiot," he said it so fast it was hard to understand.

"Jae, it's okay," I laugh. "I'm sorry too. I was being really stubborn."

"Everyone was really awkward after you left."

"...oh really."

"They really do care about you Jimin even if they acted like they didn't."

"Yeah, I know."

"I'm really curious. What did happen?"

I hold back on telling him because it didn't seem like I should be the one. I was exposing someone which made me feel guilty.

"You should ask her."

"I did. She said something along the lines of I said I wanted to be friends with her, but she didn't like the idea. I want to know your side."

"There's your answer then."

"I want to know your side."

"Jae, just trust me that she deserved what she got."

"Fine," he sighs. "Want to go bowling today? We can call the Yerin and the guys too just not invite Jaebum's girlfriend."

"I can't. I'm going to go visit home today."

The doorbell rings making me jump startled. He got here faster than I thought. I still didn't have time to pack. I open the front door to reveal an attractive man wearing a plain long sleeved shirt with denim jeans. I hate to admit, but puberty did him good.

"Why are you still in your pajamas?"

"You said 10 not 3. Jae, I got to go. I'll see you at school tomorrow.

"Oh, okay."

"Let me get ready. You can come inside."

"How long will you take?"

"15 minutes. A girl takes a while."

"You're a girl? I didn't notice."

That's what Jimin thought too. I pick a random outfit then go to the bathroom. I quickly do my morning routine before dressing myself. I put on light make up then leave the bathroom.

"Okay, lego."

He got off of my couch then looked me up and down. I give him a weird look before moving my hand in front of his face to get his attention.

"A-are you wearing make up? Go take it off. It's not like it's a special occasion. Why is your skirt so short? Go put on pants. Do you know how cold it is outside?"

"I already checked the weather though. It's not that cold today. It's supposed to be the hottest this week which isn't much, but it's enough for me to wear a skirt. Also, I usually wear makeup. It doesn't need to be a special occasion."

"J-just go change."

"No. Let's just go. We won't get to spend much time at home at this rate."

"It takes like 10 seconds to go change. Hurry up before we're late."

"Then let's just leave right now."

"No, go change."

"Sehun oppa, I'm not a kid anymore. I'm a high schooler now so stop being so overprotective. Girls my age dress way worse than this. Trust me. So let's just go so we can spend more time at home and maybe even visit our old school. Deal? Cool."

"But-"

"No buts."

I walk out of my apartment before he can protest anymore. I could hear him sigh before following me behind. I lock the door before I leave then we walk to Sehun's car. I have a feeling it wasn't his car, but his rich hyung's car because I doubt he would be able to afford this. He could drive now which I found really impressive.

"You actually look sort of cool right now," I complement.

"I know."

"I take it back. Your cockiness ruined it."

"Did you use singing to get into Hanlim?"

"Yeah, what else would I use. It's not like I can dance."

"When you were little you went through this producing phase though. The music wasn't bad either."

"Creativity ran out once I entered high school."