Chapter 14

Aiming Higher

[Sehun: I'm outside. Where are you?]

[Jimin: Hold up. I need to take care of some last minutes things.]

[Sehun: It's cold. Hurry up.]

Jimin stuffs her phone in her backpack then goes back to the meeting they were having about the grams before they start singing tomorrow.

"The flowers are in the office and the cards are all ready. Everyone has their songs ready too, I assume. So we're all set?"

"Yep. We're all set."

"Okay, see you guys tomorrow."

"Jimin, let's go! I want to meet him," Yerin pulls her along.

"Wait, Jamie. Do you want to practice once before we do the real thing? We can meet up latter or something," Baekhyun suggests.

"Oh, I have plans, but I can end them early. What time did you have in mind?"

"7? 8?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll just tag along with Sehun when he goes home. I got to go right now. I'll see you latter." The two girls escape the room with one of them excited as ever.

"This is so confusing," Baekhyun sighs.

"What is?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Just the fact that she's dating Sehun. It's obvious that she's his rebound girl, but she's still dating him knowing that fact. Does she like Sehun that much that she'd date him even when she know she's being used?"

"She's dating Sehun? I thought he was dating that other chick."

"She cheated on him so he broke up with her."

Jungkook who was also in the room heard all of this. He couldn't wait to tell Jimin that Jamie found a boyfriend to make him regret his decision on rejecting her, but at the same time he didn't want her to be hurt again. Just by what Baekhyun was saying Jamie seemed as if she was setting herself up for a bad ending. Yerin practically dragged Jimin along as they made their way to the boys.

"Yerin, ow. You're ripping off my arm."

"Oh, sorry. I'm just excited."

"Why are you so excited? You should be nervous for your best friend. After all it's not like we're really dating," Jimin whispers the last part.

"But still, you have a boyfriend! This is a miracle! Our innocent little Jamie has a boyfriend."

They meet with the boys at the stairs and that was when she began to feel nervous. She really didn't want to mess up.

"Bambam and Yugyeom, you guys are younger than him. Jae, you are older," she briefs them.

"So he's an oppa to you..." Jae mutters.

"Huh?"

"Oh, nothing."

At the same time Jungkook went to go meet up with his friends. He waved at the group of boys who were waiting for him to finish his meeting down the hall.

"Let's go," Jungkook immediately says. His hyungs were taken back.

"Hi to you too, Jungkookie. What's with the rush?"

"What rush? I just want to get home, that's all. Now let's go."

They all follow the fast paced Jungkook who was in front of them walking to the point where it was almost running.

"Jamie!" Sehun called.

The irresistible smile was brought to his face which made Jamie automatically smile in response. His yellow uniform stood out amongst the crowd of students. A circle was drawn around him where no one dared to step foot into, but Jimin did as she approached him. People around them started to talk and wonder if they were dating.

A/N I might be exaggerating the hate between both the schools btw

"Is the guy you like in the group of friends I'm about to meet?"

"No, he isn't," she looked around. "He should be passing by soon though since he usually goes home right after school."

He looks a Jimin with a questioning look because she knew this fact about him. She just shrugs.

"What? I do like him so I'll obviously notice when he leaves."

He grabs Jimin's hand out of no where which made her flinch. Everyone around starts to talk about someone from Hanlim dating a student from SOPA.

"What are you doing?"

Jimin pulls her hand away from his.

"We have to put on a show, right?"

He grabs her hand again.

"Stop. People are staring if they weren't already."

"Are you embarrassed of me?"

"No, but I don't need unnecessary attention. If you haven't noticed, you go to my rival school."

"And? That rival crap is dumb."

"You're right, but you know sometimes society doesn't always want to do what is right," Jimin finally goes to introduce Sehun to her friends. She then let's go of his hand again. Yerin already wore a big excited smile on her face while the boys were just warily looking at him from head to toe.

"This is Sehun, my boyfriend... um, Sehun these are my friends; Yerin, Jae, Bambam, and Yugyeom," she gestures at each of them. Sehun bows at them like they were older than him.

"Jungkookie, slow down would you."

Jungkook's pace only quickened until he reached the front gate of the school. He slows down once he sees the crowd of students passing by a group of people. A yellow uniform. That was the first thing he saw.

"Jungkook, why are you in such a rush?" his hyungs say out of breath.

"Why are you stopping? Let's go home."

"Wait."

His hyungs eyes go to where Jungkook has been staring at this whole time. The first thing that catches their eyes were yellow. A yellow SOPA uniform.

"What is a SOPA student doing here? Again."

"Is that the same guy from yesterday?"

A/N since a reader said she wanted to see Jimin's face when he saw Jamie and Sehun, here it is.

The group of boys left school with heavy shoulders. Stressed out from both school and life itself.

"What is everyone staring at?" Jungkook questions.

He noticed all the students who were pointing and gossiping amongst themselves. He sees a guy with a yellow uniform and a short girl talking.

"What is a SOPA student doing on Hanlim campus? Is that Jimin?"

At the sound of his name, he looked up from his phone screen. His gaze goes to the direction Jungkook was looking at, and he gets the same view. He looks at the Jimin with concerned eyes. The girl steps back every step the guy took to get close to her. The look on her face made it evident that she didn't want his company.

Jimin steps up to go help the helpless Jimin, but is stopped by someone. The maknae of the group. He used his arm to push his hyung back to make him notice that he shouldn't approach them.

"What are you doing?" Jimin looks at the maknae.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook repeats back at his hyung.

"She obviously doesn't want to speak to him."

"And it isn't your place to step in."

"If I don't, who will?"

"Someone that isn't you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Whatever you do whether it's picking up a pencil she dropped or just smiling at her, it'll make her like you even more. You already know that she likes you so stay out of anything that involves her. Stop leading her on."

'I don't think I can do that,' Jimin wanted to say, but didn't.

By then the boy gripped her wrist, and dragged Jamie away.

"They're dating... aren't they. She moves on fast," Jimin states.

He notices how the boy wanted to hold Jimin's hand while she was reluctant and kept loosening her hand free while they were talking to their friends. The boy smiled down at her with loving eyes when she finally gave in, and held his hand.

"I don't think it's as simple as that," Jungkook mumbles.

Jungkook kept thinking about the fact that they were both heart broken. Jamie was rejected by Jimin while the boy's girlfriend cheated on him. It seemed like a relationship that was set up for failure. To have artificial love that wasn't given to them. It hasn't been long since Jamie confessed to his friend, and seeing how Kyungsoo didn't know about Sehun's girlfriend cheating incident it seemed also recent.

"Where do you guys want to go?" Jimin asks mostly waiting for Sehun to answer.

"The billiard."

"Okay... let's go."

The billiard was a weird place to hang out if you just met someone. Jimin kept thinking about what he was thinking when he chose the billiard.

"It'll help me bond with the guys. I'll give the perfect first impression," Sehun whispers in her ear.

Jimin looks at him shooked that he knew what she was thinking. He answered exactly what she was thinking.

"You're too easy to read."

They walked to the bus in pairs on the small sidewalk; Jimin and Sehun, Yugyeom and Yerin, Jae and Bambam. Even when sitting on the bus which was mostly empty, they sat with the same people.

"So whose this Jimin guy? Will I ever be able to meet him?"

"He's someone I used to tutor. I gave him vocal lessons after school since he majored in dance, but still wanted to sing. He was just really charming so I ended up falling for him. Any sane girl would in my position."

"You sound lovestruck," he laughs.

"I guess I was. So whose the girl that had the nerve to cheat on you?"

"In my school, I'm the most popular guy. Not to brag or anything."

Jimin gives me an 'are you serious' look before gesturing him to continue on with his story.

"I'm not joking. I really am. She's the most popular girl at our school so we were expected to be together. The pressure got to us one day then suddenly we started dating. We became the 'it' couple of the school. She cheated on me, and I still didn't mind. I forgave her, and she said she wouldn't do it again. She lied and did it again then I kissed you. I guess that also makes me a cheater, but I couldn't care less. Then I broke up with her."

"Your story sounds more depressing than mine," Jimin chuckles. "Let's show pictures of them at the same time. Do you still have pictures?"

"I have pictures on instagram that I still need to delete. Most of those photos weren't even me who posted them."

They both got out photos of them. On the count of three they switched phones. Jimin's eyes widened and Sehun scoffed.

Jimin couldn't believe how pretty she was. She had a perfectly slim body that most girls wanted, had fair skin, and even a pretty smile. The idealistic girl of Korea.

Sehun couldn't believe she fell for someone like Jimin. He could easily see that his charming point was his smile and aegyo which girl must of found heart melting. Except for that, nothing else stood out about him. He seemed to be very average nonetheless.

"Wow," they both said in unison.

"She's really pretty. I see why she's the most popular girl in school."

"Jimin is... apparently your type," Sehun says, not knowing what else to say about him.

The bus stops at their desired stop then they go walk the rest of the way to the billiard. They walk in with free spirit and youth.

"Jimin," Sehun beckons.

She turns around to see him holding his phone out to take a selfie. She comes closer to him until there was barely any space. They do a the go to V sign then check the photo.

"I don't like it. I look ugly. Delete it," Jimin complains.

"We look like friends instead of a couple," Sehun whines.

They try to take the photo again, but this time Sehun drapes his arm around her and back hugs her. She hid most of her face in his arm and they take the photo again. They feel satisfied with the photo and Sehun saves it. He posts it on his Snapchat and immediately gets tons of views due to his popularity.

One of those views was his ex girlfriend.

"Oppa," Sehun's ex said. "Do you want to go to the billiard today?

"Why?"

"It'll be fun. Let's just go."

"Does this have anything to do with Sehun?"

"I just saw on his Snapchat. He gave me the idea to go. I want to go because it'll be fun. Not because he's there. I promise."

The boy seemed unconvinced, but still did what his girl asked.

"Okay, fine. Let's go."