Chapter 12

Aiming Higher

"Why'd you kiss me when you had a girlfriend?" she says almost in a whisper.

"She cheated on me so I broke up with her."

Jimin looks up at him in surprise then in pity. Was I his rebound girl? She thought. They were then in silence while they were both sorting out there thoughts.

"Then why'd you kiss me?"

"I don't know. You just looked so cute and innocent so I just did."

"...I don't think I have any feelings for you," Jimin confesses.

Sehun felt hurt and offended by her words. He understood her though. They've been friends for too long that it was almost a brother and sister relationship they had. Jimin wasn't lying or at least she didn't think she was. She felt hurt when she found out he has a girlfriend, but that was because he was her first kiss. Her first kiss was wasted on someone who already had a significant other.

"I don't blame you if you don't."

"It's not you. I just- I like someone else even if he rejected me. I'm sorry."

She liked someone else? Sehun thought. He wanted to find out who was able to get Jimin's heart after the dozens of guys that liked her when they were younger. He had to chase them all away when he was a kid. When he left for high school in Seoul he and Seungyeon made sure that no one would bother her.

"Then let's use each other," he suggests."I'll help you make the guy you like jealous and you help me make my ex jealous."

He wanted to be with Jimin even if it was this way. He liked the feeling of her needing him whether if it was if she needed help to open a water bottle or for something as small as help with homework. Something he didn't feel when he was dating his girlfriend who was always wanted him to kiss her or to take pictures either of just her or them together. He felt like he was being used by his girlfriend since everyone did expect that they'd be together. The top most popular students in both genders ending up together was a classic.

"I'll do it," Jimin says. She surprised even herself that she agreed.

She felt tired of feeling so helpless when it came to guys or more like just Jimin. She had seen him around school talking with other girls and she felt jealous. He was in a different grade so obviously he would have other friends, but she still couldn't help to feel the need to hide every time she saw him.

"Are you sure?" Sehun asks so he would feel reassured that he wasn't forcing her.

"Yeah, I'm sure," she lied.

Am I really? She thought to herself. She didn't know if she was doing something that would ultimately end up as a mess.

"Okay so we're officially fake dating starting today?"

"Yeah," she smiles but felt unsure of herself.

Jimin's phone began to vibrate in her backpack. She switches her straps so her backpack lied on her stomach then searched through her bag for her phone. The caller ID read Yerin so she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Where are you? We're waiting for you at the front gate."

"Oh, uh, I'll be right there," she looks up at Sehun who was waiting patiently in front of her. "I have to go."

"Yeah, I'll be here tomorrow after school. Don't make any plans."

"What are we doing tomorrow?"

"We'll do what normal couples do."

He left her to drown in her own thoughts. She walked back to the school still feeling confused on what she got herself into. She spots her tight clique then ultimately smiles.

"Yerin, I think I just did something that I'll really regret."

"You did what?"

"I'll tell you about it latter. I want to have a fun day without being worried or stressed."


 

Sehun entered the dorm to find an impatient Baekhyun waiting for him in the kitchen.

"I heard you dropped by my school today?"

"Oh yeah I did hyung."

"Did you come to see Jimin?"

Baekhyun catches the automatic smile he had at the mention of her name. He leans in while waiting for his reply wanting to know all the details.

"Yeah, I did."

The maknae leaves it at that blunt answer. He went to the bathroom to wash up leaving a very confused Baekhyun sitting there. He stands up to question the younger boy further.

"Doesn't you girlfriend mind you coming to see another girl?"

"I broke up with her."

"Oh, that makes sense... wait you did what! You broke up with the most popular girl at SOPA?"

"Yeah, she cheated on me."

"Oh chincha?"

"Yep, what's weird is that I wasn't even surprised that she cheated and I was kind of okay with it. If anything I was happy that I finally got a reason to break up with her. Our relationship wasn't the best. I got someone better out of it so I guess I'm okay with everything."

"What do you mean you got someone better?"

"I'm dating Jimin now."

His hyung was left in front of the bathroom door with his eyes widened as he could hear the water from the shower turn on. He didn't question his dongsaeng any further.

 

"Out. We have girl stuff to talk about."

"But why can't we hear?" Yugyeom whined.

"Are you a girl? No so out." The boys were shoed out of the room with Jimin and Yerin the only ones left.

"Spill," Yerin says.

"I'm fake dating Sehun."

"You're what! Wait, I thought you hated him."

"I could never hate him. He's the boy that brought me out of my shell when I came to Korea and helped me when I was getting bullied."

"How'd you end up "dating" him then?"

"His girlfriend cheated on him so he asked me if I could make her jealous. He said he'd do the same for me regarding Jimin."

"Do you know what you just got yourself into?"

"No," Jimin groaned. "Did I make a huge mistake?"

"Well, not really. He is your childhood best friend so he would never take advantage of you and it's about time Jimin realized what he was missing out on. Let's just say it has its pros and cons. Pros: you get to show up Jimin, fake date a super hot guy, and this will also help you get over him. Cons: you have to make another girl jealous of you and if someone liked you right now then they won't have the chance to ask you out."

"Okay enough about me. What's going on between you and Yugyeom? I saw him give you his jacket earlier when you said you were cold."

"I think he likes me. Please tell me he does."

"I'm pretty sure he does. I'll ask Jae about it latter to make sure for you, but from what I'm seeing I think he does," she winks.

"Should we let the boys in now? I'm pretty sure they're freezing outside."

"Yeah," Jimin laughs. "Go open the door."