Chapter 13

Aiming Higher

"Let's go eat lunch," Yerin says.

She drags Jimin along with her to the cafeteria to buy some lunch. They text the boys to meet them there. They were both really tired from yesterday because they were up talking all night and stressing about Sehun and Yugyeom. After the boys left, Yerin slept over so they could have a girls night.

They get their trey, fill it up with food, then go to find an empty seat. They easily spot one since most people like eating in the classrooms with their already packed lunch.

"Boo!"

Yerin jumps startled by the sudden voice, but Jimin didn't seem fazed at all. Yugyeom smiles while the other boys sigh in defeat because they weren't able to get Jimin.

"Can you at least act like you got scared?" Bambam asks.

"No can do."

They take a seat in their usual arrangement. The boys sitting on one side and the girls sitting on the other. Yerin always sat in front of Yugyeom because the boys knew never to sit in front of her or else they'll face the maknae's wrath. Bambam and Jae switched seats frequently on who got to sit in front of Jimin and who got to sit alone.

"It's my turn to sit there today," Bambam whines.

"No, they didn't eat lunch with us yesterday so technically we leave where it left off so I sit here," Jae points out.

"So, that's the girls fault."

"Jimin, who do you want to sit in front of you?"

'Neither of you' she wanted to say, but didn't because she wanted to be polite. She contemplates while eating her rice.

"Jae is right. It's more fair that way," she ends up saying.

"Aish, you always take his side."

"No, not true. He's just always correct. Blame him for being a smarty pants."

Yerin and Yugyeom were having their own conversation in their own world when those three were trying to sort things out. Yugyeom smiled at every word she said and the rest rolled their eyes on how whipped he was.

"Do you guys want to hang out today?" Yerin asks bringing Yugyeom out of his trance.

"I'm down."

"I can't," Jimin says. "I have plans with my boyfriend."

It felt weird for her to use that word, but she thought she should start using it. Even if she was fake dating him, she had to make it seem like it were real.

All the boys chocked on their food when the word boyfriend escaped . They were silent for a while until they finally comprehended what she just said after repeating it in their heads multiple times.

"You have a boyfriend!" Bambam exclaims.

The whole cafeteria heard and Jimin scolds at him to keep it down. Baekhyun was one of those people in the cafeteria and he couldn't help, but try to listen in on their conversation.

"Shhh, I think the Canada heard you."

"Oh sorry. You have a boyfriend," he whispers.

"No, I mean yes. Well-"

"What she means to say is that she does have a boyfriend," Yerin helps out.

Jimin looks at Yerin signaling with her eyes if she should tell them that they're fake dating. Yerin shakes her head then continues to eat her food like they didn't just telepathically talk to each other.

"Since when?" Yugyeom asks wanting to know all the details about how his 'little sister' came about having a boyfriend.

"Since yesterday," Yerin answers for her.

"Who is it?"

"It's not him, is it?" Jae asks slightly hurt.

"No, it's not," Yerin yet again answers for her.

Now that Jimin thought about it. How did Yerin know about what happened to her and Jimin? They were up talking about it all night yesterday, but the absent minded Jamie who was just worried about finally having a 'boyfriend' just realized it now. 'I guess I shouldn't trust Jae with my secret of fake dating Sehun' Jamie thought.

"Have we met him before? Yerin shh, I want to hear what Jimin has to say."

"No, you guys haven't oddly enough," Jamie answers.

The boys thought Jimin would expand on it, but she didn't. She stuffed with more food to avoid answering questions, but the boys blew off the hint and kept asking.

"Who is he?"

"His name is Sehun. He goes to SOPA. I know what you're thinking, but don't judge him just because he attends that school."

"Okay, okay we won't. Are you sure you can trust him? I mean how did even come upon dating someone that goes there."

"I didn't know he went there."

"We need a picture. We'll tell you if he is actually a ert or not just by his appearance."

She rolled her eyes at the boys, but nonetheless got out her phone to please them. She yet again realized that she had no picture of him.

"I only have pictures from when we were kids..."

"Kids?"

"Should I ask for a photo of him right now?"

"What do you mean by when we were kids?"

"They knew each other when they were little. Way before she knew us," Yerin explains to them.

Jimin was so intent on finding a photo of him that she didn't hear the question. She texts him to send her a selfie of himself to which he immediately responded to her surprise.

Currently Sehun sat on the roof with nothing better to do than to just zone out. He wanted to avoid all the questions of him breaking up with the hottest girl in school. He finally got the freedom that he was longing for, but something felt off. He still wasn't able to walk around school without being pestered by his buddies if they could finally go after his ex. Even if they were joking around, he couldn't escape her or at least not at this school he can't.

"Here's a photo of him," Jimin shows them.

The boys were left speechless because they couldn't think of anything bad to say about him. They wanted to criticize him, but they couldn't.

"What's his major?"

"Dance."

"Psh, dance?" Jae scoffed.

Bambam and Yugyeom both stared at him since they were both majoring in dance as well. Jae clears his throat, realizing he said something wrong.

"Dancing is great! It takes some hard work because no one is born a great dancer," Jae awkwardly laughs.

"We should meet him, shouldn't we? I don't want to bombard on your guys' date, but shouldn't you feel obligated to bring him to us? As your best friends and all?" Bambam points out.

Jimin was taken back by what he said. If she were to deny would that mean she was implying that they weren't her best friends? Which they are so should she invite them to hang with her and Sehun after school?

"Um, let me ask him right now if that is okay."

Seeing how he replied really fast just earlier, she assumed he was at lunch to so called him instead of texted.

"Hello?"

"Sehun oppa, my friends wanted to meet my boyfriend. They were wondering if they could tag along after school."

"Jimin, we haven't even held hands yet. Do you think we'll be able to pull off us fake dating?"

"Oh, your cool with it? Okay, see you after school. Thanks so much. Love you lots. Byeeeee," she quickly hung up before he could protest.

Sehun pulls the phone away from his ear and smiles at how cute Jimin was being. The bell rings signaling the two minute warning. He gets off the floor then walks down the stairs to head back to his classroom.

"Hey!" his friend greeted.

Automatically Sehun was surrounded by people as if the world revolved around him. His popularity was at its best. He makes his way down the hall and passes his ex who was also surrounded by many girls.

"Can I have her now that she is single?" his friend jokes.

"She's all yours man. I found someone better."

"Woah, you're moving on faster than I thought," the clueless boy says. No one knew that his ex had cheated on him.

"Is she hotter?" another boy pipes in.

"Maybe not hotter, but much, much cuter," Sehun brags.

Sehun's ex heard every single word he said because of how loud he purposely said it. She was angry that she was dumped by someone, and it had to be the most popular male at school.