Chapter 2

Aiming Higher

"Jungkook, where were you today?" Rapmon asks. His friends were already having dinner at the dorm. 

 

"Me and a couple of other people are in charge of doing valentine grams."

 

"You should've called us saying you were going to come home late," Jin says concerned.

 

"Oh, did you guys call me?" 

 

"Yes, next time pick up your phone. Now go wash up then have dinner." 

 

Jungkook goes to his room, takes a quick a quick shower, and puts on a clean stussy shirt and basketball shorts. He quickly dries his hair with a towel before exiting the room. He sits in his usual seat when they have dinner together which is very rare. He began to feel bad for not picking up their phone calls even if it wasn't on purpose.

 

They began to talk about random stuff that most people would question how they got on that topic. Jin would occasionally make a dad joke which most of the members would laugh at except for min yoongi. Jimin would always die from them.

 

Buzz

 

Jungkook's phone got a notification. He picks it up remembering that his hyungs told him not to miss anymore calls or texts. His hyungs attention goes to him expectantly as they wait for him to tell them what it said. He rolled his eyes since his hyungs were so nosy.

 

Big Bang's Jimin: Oppa, can you send us the address of the coffee shop? Or are we going to meet up at school and walk there together?

 

Jungkook begins to blush since he was called Oppa. Jimin said she was a 2nd year, but she assumed that he was older than her. They were actually the same age.

 

"Ooo, Jungkookie is blushing," V points out.

 

"A girl that I'm working with for the valentines gram just called me Oppa not knowing we're the same age." 

 

"You guys should've sorted out the ages first. Any ways who is she?" Min yoongi asks curiously.

 

"Her name's Jimin. The same name as you hyung."

 

Jimin freezes as he was going to take a bite of his food. Everyone was staring at him since he was acting weirder than usual. He awkwardly coughs then puts his chopsticks down.

 

"I think she confessed to me once. Remember those chocolates that I brought home a week ago? Those were from her. If I'm talking about the same girl Jungkook is."

 

"She's really short, has long, jet black hair, really pale skin, a really outgoing personality," Jungkook tries to describe. He laughs back at the time when she started to dance randomly to Big Bang when they were working on the grams, and somehow everyone joined her.

 

"How vague can you be..." Min Yoongi sighs.

 

Jungkook goes on social media to try to find a picture of her. The first to show up was his hyung Jimin then the second was the girl. He clicks on her profile, but it was private. He shows them her profile picture instead.

 

"This is her," Jungkook passes them his phone to show them her picture. 

 

Jimin slowly nods as he looks at her picture. It was clearly the girl who had confessed to him.

 

"Mhm, that's her."

 

"Did you just take the chocolate even though you rejected her?" Hoseok asks. Jimin looks down as his food feeling guilty.

 

"Yeah, I mean they were meant for me, right?" 

 

"Wrong move, man," namjoon disapproves. 

 

Jimin sighs but continues to eat his food.

 

"I'm also working with Lee Hi, Soohyun, Yerin, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo."

 

"You're working with people from that group?" Min Yoongi remarks.

 

Jungkook just nods in response. 

 

"I mean they picked people who had amazing voices from our school so they were obviously going to be in it. They're not as bad as they seem. They're really nice actually."

 

"They broke Hoseok's noona's heart. That's an act that can't be forgiven."

 

"I mean you broke Jimin's heart so how are we any different." 

 

Everyone was silent by what the maknae said. Now and days he started to talk back to his hyungs more and more which surprises them each time.

 

----------------------------

Jimin's POV

 

I try to juggle the box and all the poster in my hands, but they were really heavy. School was coming into view, and I give a sigh of relief. 

 

"Let me help you with that," someone aids. The box was taken out of my hands.

 

"Thank you." 

 

I look up to see who it was to find Jae, a really close friend of mine. I take some of the posters from the box because they looked like they were ready to fall out.

 

"What's with the box?" He asks. 

 

"The teacher convinced me into doing the Valentine grams. He said I'd be able to skip class that day."

 

"How convincing."

 

"I know right."

 

"Anything I can do to help?"

 

"You should buy some," I wink. "The money is going to a good cause. We're donating it to cancer research."

 

"I'll keep that in mind," Jae laughs. "How much are you planning on selling each grams?"

 

"I was thinking of 2,000 or 3,000 won. I haven't discussed it with the others yet. I mean we're selling fake roses and a handmade card. Plus, you get to have my beautiful and angelic voice serenade you. Who wouldn't want that?"

 

"Um, everybody."

 

"Shut up." 

 

I playfully hit Jae, but it comes out harder than I expect. He winces in pain, and tries to kick me because his hands were full. 

 

"Yah!" I shout. 

 

The school was finally in front of us, and we walk into the heated room. I open the door to my classroom, and he sets down the box on my desk. 

 

"Okay, see you later. Are we still on for karaoke this Saturday?"

 

"Yeah, tell the others to come as well," I reply.

 

He exits the class leaving me with no one else to talk to. Since there was still time until the teacher comes, I decided to hang up the posters. We were supposed to sell the grams tomorrow which meant we had a week to sort all of them out, and prepare the songs.

 

The bell rang, and after 6 periods I felt dead. I was beginning to get hungry as well, and couldn't wait to leave campus. I realize that we still had to work on the grams today, and I internally cry because I felt like taking a 10 hour nap.

 

I look at my phone to see if Jungkook Oppa responded, but he never did. He read it but didn't respond. Maybe I got the wrong number.

 

Me: Oppa? 

 

Me: Should I wait at the front of the school?

 

Jungkook: Oh yeah! Sorry 😅, I was having dinner so I said I'd respond later but it completely passed my mind.

 

Jungkook: Meet me at the front of the gate. I'll start a group chat to tell everyone.

 

Jimin: 👌

 

I put on a scarf since it was cold outside. It didn't help that I was wearing a skirt. I got the text that Jungkook Oppa sent to the group convo, but didn't bother reading it since I already know where to go. I collect the box, and walk to the front of the school. I was the first one there which meant I was waiting in the freezing cold for everyone. 

 

"Jimin," Yerin calls. My attention turns toward her, and we hug each other. 

 

"Is it just me or is it getting colder?" I shiver. I rub my hands together to warm them. 

 

"It's definitely getting colder."

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun come into view, and they walk up to us. Some girls give us the dirty look while whispering back and forth to each other. 

 

"Wow, you guys are really popular," I say in realization. They nod in response. The box was taken out of my hand, and I gratefully peer up at Baekhyun. 

 

"Thanks," I smile.

 

"No problem."

 

Everyone shows up soon enough then we go to take the bus. We all just stand because there was only one seat left. When Jungkook Oppa gets off, we all follow him. He leads us to a huge coffee shop that seemed like there were too little costumers for them to own this big of a shop.

 

"It gets a lot of costumers in the morning since people need their morning coffee. It's usually empty after that," Jungkook explains. 

 

I look at him amazed. He totally just read my mind.

 

We enter the coffee shop, and warmth greets us. I let out a breath into my hands then rub them together. 

 

"What do you guys want to drink? It's on me today," Jungkook offers. 

 

"Iced americano."

 

"Cappuccino."

 

"Black hazelnut."

 

"Flat white."

 

"Hot americano."

 

Everyone was ordering what seemed like really sophisticated drinks. I felt embarrassed for wanting something so childish.

 

"I want hot chocolate," I mumble. 

 

Jungkook Oppa just looks down at me then smiles. He pats my head which made me feel more like a kid.

 

"That'll be 28,000."

 

My eyes widen by how expensive it was. He opens his wallet like it was no big deal.

 

"Oppa, let me pay," I tell him. 

 

He ignores me and continues to give the lady the money. 

 

"Just go get a table. Preferably on the second floor," he instructs. 

 

I try to argue with him, but Yerin pulls me to the stairs.

 

"You do know that Jungkook is the same age as you, right? You called him Oppa just earlier," she whispers to me. 

 

My eyes widen from pure shock. Why didn't he tell me earlier? I've been calling him Oppa since yesterday, and he didn't even bother to correct me.

 

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? I thought he was a 3rd year."

 

"I thought you knew..."

 

"Yerin, I'm so embarrassed right now." I bury my face into my hands. 

 

"It's okay. I doubt he minded. Maybe he even liked being called Oppa since he didn't even tell you he was the same age as you."

 

By then all the others were already up the stairs. We finally began to climb the stairs ourselves.

 

"How does a cow laugh? Mooohahahaha."

 

A familiar voice started to laugh. I stopped in my steps because I knew that laugh anywhere. It was Jimin's.