Chapter 10

Aiming Higher

"Kiss me."

My eyes widen at his words. Did I just hear wrong?

"W-what?" I say flustered.

He leans in until we were not even an inch apart. I stand there frozen like a statue. Should I make a run for it? To lose my first kiss to my childhood friend? My thoughts went blank. His soft lips landed on mine so suddenly that I turned away.

"Uh, we should go. It's getting dark," I say, my voice softer than usual.

"Y-yeah. Let's go," he awkwardly scratches the back of his neck. 



 

I wake up to my annoying alarm clock blaring in my ears. I groan but get up nonetheless. The stuffed animal laid on my desk staring at me. I automatically remember the kiss. My first kiss. My lips were gone and taken by Sehun.

"If only it were a dream," I sigh.

As I got ready, my first kiss kept playing in my mind over and over again. When I was brushing my teeth, eating breakfast, and even walking to school. I didn't know if I was happy that I finally had my first or if I was disappointed that it was taken by Sehun. It wasn't like Sehun wasn't worthy of my kiss, but it was just so sudden. I only met him yesterday after being separated for a couple of years.

"Whatcha thinking about?" A voice suddenly appears scaring the heck out of me. I jumped startled, but when I see Jae I begin to calm down.

"What the. Where'd you come from?"

"I've been standing here for awhile. You're just so deep in thought."

I stared at him, but my eyes immediately went to his lips. Oh my god. What am I doing? I turn away as fast as I could and try to avoid looking at Jae.

"Jamie? You all good there?"

"Yeah," I cough. "Just. You know. Yeah."

"No, I don't know."

"Well, that's too bad. Oh look, we're at school. Got to go to class. Bye."

I leave before I could make the situation anymore awkward than it already is. Why can't I concentrate on anything other than his lips? Something is definitely wrong with me today.

"Jimin!" Bambam calls. I look up to see him running towards me.

"Oh, Bambam."

Again, my attention turned to his lips making thing really awkward for me. Stare at his eyes Jimin. Stare at his eyes.

"The bell is going to ring soon. I should go to class. Bye," I wave.

I rush to my classroom without making eye contact with anyone. What is wrong with me today? Should I go get some advice from Yerin? She has already had her first kiss so I'm sure she'll fix me somehow. Did getting my first kiss make me or something?
 

3rd person POV
"Jae, is there something going on with Jimin? I just saw her a couple minute ago and she ran away when I said hi," Bambam questions.

"I don't know man. She did the same thing to me this morning," he sighs.

"She isn't still mad at us for that thing that happened with Jaebum's girlfriend Saturday, right?"

"She said she didn't mind it much and forgave us though. I mean, I talked to her over the phone Saturday and she seemed pretty neutral about it."

"Maybe she was lying? Girls always say they're fine and never really mean it."

"I honestly don't know. Jamie has been confusing me lately so I'd rather not question her for the time being. I think she even lied to me yesterday."

"Jimin? Lying to you? You're probably just imagining things. You and Jimin are on a whole other level of friendship."

"Mhm, that's what I thought too."

Jimin's POV
It was lunch time and I had to go help out with Valentine Grams. I really didn't want to make eye contact with any males or the time being. Talking to Yerin was my number 1 priority at the moment.

"Yerin! Yerin! Yerin!" I chant once I spot her.

"What's got you so hyper?"

"I need to talk to you asap, but you better not tell anyone especially the boys. Pinky promise?"

"Yes yes I promise. Stamp it."

I stamp our promise then go into a rant about what happened Sunday. Yerin listened to the whole thing while nodding.

"Wait, pause on your story real quick. Who is Sehun again?"

"Sehun is my childhood friend that helped me adapt to Korea when I was totally lost and depressed because I missed Thailand."

"Okay, I think I got it. Keep going."

"So we left the playground then went to the arcade to play with the claw machines that we were hopelessly failing at. He made a bet that if he got a stuffed animal then I would have to do something for him. Being the stupid girl that I am, I agreed because what were the chances of him being able to get one after failing horribly so many times. He got one then I asked what he wanted to me to do for him. He said he wanted to me to kiss-"

"What! You kissed him!"

"Yerin! Shhh, I think the whole world heard you," I scolded.

I look around to see if anyone heard. Luckily, it was just us in an empty classroom where we were supposed to meet. Yerin and I were really early because our classrooms were right next door or the others were just running late. I run to close the doors just in case someone walks by and hears our conversation. Not like anyone would care, but it was really embarrassing.

"You kissed him?" Yerin says in a quieter voice.

"No, I did not. He kissed me. Or at least I think he did. I don't know we just kissed, but I turned away after 1 second."

"Ohhh, Jimin had her first kiss," Yerin sung.

She began to poke me at the side while I annoying stared at her. She stopped once she saw my face.

"I have a problem Yerin," I sighed. "Whenever I see a guy I can't help, but stare at his lips. Like my brain doesn't want to cooperate with me."

"That's because you just had your first kiss. You're finally starting to notice that lips finally exist and are used for more than just eating, drinking, and talking. Cheer up girl. This is so exciting I can't believe our little innocent Jimin had her first kiss. Is he cute? I want to see him."

I take out my phone to show a picture of him. Realizing those pictures were from years ago, I check to see if he has a social media. His account was private so I was out of luck.

"Nope, I do not. I'll ask Baekhyun when he gets here."

"Baekhyun? Why Baekhyun?"

"Because I'm not that close to Kyungsoo?"

"No, I mean why would you ask Baekhyun for a photo of Sehun?"

"Oh, because they're roommates."

"Woahh, what a small world."

The door slides open catching both mine and Yerin's attention. Everyone comes walking in with lunch in their hands which was mostly just bread.

"We got you guys food," Jungkook says exhausted.

"What did you guys do? Run to the other side of the world for lunch?"

"I think that would've been easier. The line was hectic. Everyone wanted the bread before they sold out, but we bought most of it. Whoops, feel bad for them," Soohyun smiles. She didn't look apologetic at all which made me laugh.

"You guys are the best!" Yerin cheers.

They put down all the food onto the desks, and we begin to eat them all while talking about the grams. We decided on splitting up the grams by class then each duo or group would do the grams for that class.

"Jimin, ask him now," Yerin nudges. I glare at her because it was obvious everyone heard.

"Baekhyun, do you have a picture of Sehun? Yerin is curious about what my childhood bestie looks like and I only have fetus pictures."

"Um, no I don't think so. Let me check his social media."

He hands over the phone when he was done clicking away at whatever. We both stare at the photo while eating our bread. It was a cute picture of him and a girl doing a V sign.

"Whose the girl beside him?" Yerin asks.

Even I was interested in the answer more than I was with this delicious bread. Was it jealously?

"That's his girlfriend."