Chapter 11

Aiming Higher

"That's his girlfriend."

I drop my bread onto my lap on accident then hurriedly pick it up so it wouldn't ruin my uniform. Yerin helps me clean up.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom to clean this up," I excuse myself.

"I'll go with you," Yerin offers.

"No, it's not that big of a deal. I can go by myself."

"You sure?"

I give her an assuring smile before exiting the room by myself. The bread left marks on my uniform so I go to wash it up. I rub the mark while trying to hold in the tears that were beginning to swell up in my eyes. I think I just got played.

3rd Person POV 
"Not again," Yerin sighed.

She sunk back into her seat while thinking of ways to resolve this problem where Jimin wouldn't get hurt again. Jamie never told Yerin about what happened with Jimin because she was embarrassed that she got rejected. Yerin found out about it when Jae asked for advice on how to help her broken heart.

"What happened?" Kyungsoo questions with a worried expression.

Yerin realized that she said that out loud then quickly tried to cover up her words.

"She's really clumsy so this isn't her first time spilling food on her clothes," she lies with a smile on her face.

The smile quickly disappeared then turned into a concerned frown. She was worried for her. She'll probably never love a man ever again after her experiences with them. Not all men are bad, but the ones that just so happen to cross in front of Jamie are. Yerin's worries faded then turned to anger toward Sehun and Jimin.

"Your friend is a jerk," she confesses, not caring if they find out what happened between Jamie and him.

"What?"

"Sehun is a jerk. So is your friend Jimin," she rolls her eyes.

She could feel her face heat up with anger. She leans back in her seat comfortably and continues to eat her bread to calm herself down.

"Did Jamie like this Sehun guy or something?" Jungkook asks, catching on faster than Baekhyun and Kyungsoo because he already knew about what happened between the two Jimins.

"I don't know. It probably isn't my place to be saying anything right now. I'm just mad so please don't take my words personally. I was in such a good mood earlier because of this bread too."

They were engulfed with silence because everyone was deep in thought. Lee Hi and Soohyun looked as confused as ever, but didn't feel it was their place to ask any questions. Jungkook was still trying to piece together what was going on and same goes for Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Baekhyun texts Sehun to clear things up.

B: Did something happen between you and Jimin that I don't know about?

He stares at Jimin's empty seat while impatiently tapping on his phone as he waits for a reply. Sehun did disappear Sunday, but he never said where he was going. The others had assumed he was going to meet with his girlfriend. The door slides open piercing the silence. Jimin walks in with slightly red eyes that wouldn't be noticeable unless you really looked at her face. Everyone noticed she had been crying.

"What's with the stares...?" she asks in a joking tone.

Everyone stopped looking at her then made themselves look busy. Either shuffling through their backpack, moving random stuff around on the desk, or eating more food. For Kyungsoo he just kept glancing at her while pretending to write something down.

Baekhyun's phone vibrated catching his attention. He rushed to open it while almost dropping his phone.

S: ???

B: Did you meet with Jimin Sunday?

S: yeah. We went home to see our parents. What's with the questions hyung?

B: oh, nothing. I'm just with her right now and she's acting kind of weird. I'll stop bothering you now so you can study. Bye

"Sehun oppa," his girlfriend links arms with him. "Who are you texting?"

"Oh, it's just Baekhyun."

He stuffs his phone in his pocket then holds his girlfriends hand. She smiles up at him, but he couldn't smile at her back. He was only disgusted at himself for staying with her. She leans in to get a kiss from him, but he turns away. He let's go of her hand feeling guilty about what he was going to do, but he finally felt like he had power.

"Let's talk," he finally says.


 

School ended and Jamie waited for the boys and Yerin at the stairs. Trying to look occupied, she played a game on her phone with earbuds in.

[Jamie: Almost here yet?]

[Yugyeom: Yerin needs to talk to the teacher so we're waiting for her. We'll be out in a bit.]

[Jamie: I'll head out first then. Meet you guys at the front gate.]

[Yugyeom: ok.]

It was awkward for Jamie to stand near the stares by herself while everyone just passed by. It wasn't like anyone was paying attention to her, but she was one of those people who felt like everyone was. She walked down the stairs, out the front door, then I'm into the cold refreshing air.

"What is Sehun oppa doing here?" a random voice in the crowd said.

She freezes at the sound of his name. When she realizes that people behind her wanted to get out of school, she began to walk again while looking around for him. She was confused because she wanted to see him for an explanation, but he also cheated with her on another girl. That was enough of a reason for her not to see him ever again.

She easily spots the bright yellow uniform at the gate with a wave of girls passing by him again and again and again. The girls knew who he was because of the boys that did attend their school, but were conflicted with his yellow uniform. He went to their opposing school, but he looked dashing in his yellow uniform.

"Jamie!" he calls once he spots her.

She pretended not to hear him then fast walked in the other direction. It was impossible for her not to have heard that because even people around her heard. They were bluntly staring at her as if it wasn't rude. That included everyone in BTS.

"Jamie," his voice now breathless. He had to run to catch up to her. He turns her around so that she was now facing him.

"Oh, uh, Sehun-ssi hi," she says with honorifics.

"Sehun-ssi? You mean Sehun oppa."

"No, Sehun-ssi is fine with me."

Sehun was taken back by what she said, but tried his best not to show it. He coughs to clear up the tense atmosphere then begins talking once again.

"Did you want to hang out today?" he asks.

Jamie wanted so badly to just scoff at his words. People were right when they say ignorance is bliss.

"I can't. I'm hanging out with my other friends," she says coldly.

She didn't mean for it to come out that way, but it just did. He took a step forward towards her when he noticed the distance between them, but she unconsciously took a step back.

"Is something wrong?"

He attempts to stand closer to her, but she kept backing up. She didn't want to fall for him knowing he already has a girlfriend so she tried to distance herself from him.

"What are you doing?" she finally asks.

"What? Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"Leave me alone. Please," she begged.

She walks away before he could respond and make her regret what she just said. He grabs a hold of her wrist so she wouldn't walk away.

"Let's talk in private," Sehun says once he notices the audience.

"Let go."

She looks around to see they were drawing a crowd. She makes eye contact with Jimin then quickly looks away. Sehun pulls her somewhere else, and she doesn't fight it. She didn't want Jimin to see her like this. She was embarrassed.

"Why are you acting like this? You were completely fine yesterday."

"Why'd you kiss me when you had a girlfriend?" she says almost in a whisper.