Part 3 - Chapter 25

I Wanna Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

25

Niel and Minsu ran through the rain, hands clasped between them as they jogged along the damp pavement. Heavy drops splashed down on the pair as they made a mad dash for the café. Minsu was laughing and coughing as he slowed to a stop beneath the meagre awning in front of the café’s windows.

“Ah, grandpa, still slow I see.” Jonghyun teased from the doorway.

“Too many cigarettes.” Niel proposed, waiting for Minsu to regain his breath.

“Shut up… both of… you.” Minsu struggled out. They laughed at him.

“Oh hello hyungs,” Changhyun poked his head out the door beside Jonghyun, “Did you forget an umbrella?”

“Who plans a wedding in monsoon season anyway?” Jonghyun griped, staring at the weather.

All of them shrugged, Lee Chanhee did.

“Are we late?” Minsu asked, finally recovering and straightening.

“Nope.” Youngjin’s voice sounded from Jonghyun’s other side, the tall maknae blocked him from view completely. “Come on in everyone. No point standing in the rain.”

They all filed into the café, bowing and greeting the others there. Lola stood off to the side with Elton and Jinsu. Feng was tentatively holding hands with a pretty woman that looked ecstatic to be there. Youngjin was terrorising Changhyun, while an elderly woman fussed over Jonghyun’s suit, a gentleman stood near them smiling affectionately at the two Yoo boys. A small family of three stood near the booths, chatting quietly among themselves. Not too far from them was a chic Asian man with midnight black hair and expressive lips, lounging beside him was a blond Caucasian with broad shoulders. Niel and Minsu wandered through, greeting everyone happily.

The cafe itself was decked out with bright sprays of flowers and long lopes of shimmery tulle. Despite the heavy rain outside it was almost hot and humid in the small space with so many people. No one removed their formal jackets though, today the heat and humidity came second to the occassion.

When they had made a full round, they ended up standing beside Chanhee’s family by the booth. Niel fixed Minsu’s tie and boutonniere, his eyes glowing with adoration. Minsu ran a nervous hand over his hair, freshly cut the evening before by the groom himself.

“It looks great, sweetie,” Niel assured him.

“Love you,” Minsu whispered.

“Love you too,” Niel replied, eye lingering on Minsu's for a long moment.

They turned and faced the kitchen doors. Someone turned the music up slowly and Byunghun and Chanhee burst through the doors dramatically. The small crowd giggled and applauded loudly. Youngjin shifted though the people and stood between Byunghun and Chanhee, he smiled broadly as he looked from one to the other then to the crowd.

“Dearly beloved!” He began with flair.

Niel pressed himself against Minsu, a warm strong arm coming around his waist in reply. Changhyun leant back into Jonghyun, carefully avoiding his boutonniere.

Chanhee was grinning so widely at Byunghun, Minsu was afraid his face would split in two. He glanced down at Niel and then back at his two younger brothers. Youngjin was reciting the speech Chanhee had given him, about love and hope and life’s journey. Minsu wasn’t really listening. He had heard all the incarnations

Please log in to read the full chapter