Chapter 30

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They both quietly finished the meal. Jiyong was mentally listing down the things he had to do for the day. Sandara was nervously contemplating about the conversation that was to come. They finished eating roughly at the same time and they went on with their usual routine for clean up. 

They worked like a well-oiled machine. Both anticipated the other’s actions instinctively having done the simple household task for years. Dara found comfort in the routine but at the same time it made her feel a dull ache in her chest. For how long will they have this? 

She always said that if he finds THE ONE, she’ll take it in stride but now that their status quo is threatened her heart is shaking. How will she go from day to day without him? She was scared to find out. Her hands trembled as she dried the last plate. 

Jiyong looked sideways at her. “You’ll end up rubbing the print off that plate.” He remarked smilingly at her when she made no signs of stopping.

Dara was visibly startled and almost dropped the plate but Jiyong’s hands steadied her. “Everything will be fine, Dee.” He smiled reassuringly at her, gently took the plate from her trembling hands and set it on the rack.

He then leaned his hip over the counter to look at her as she busied her hands by drawing imaginary circles on the granite counter top. He reached out and wordlessly pulled her into a tight hug. “You know I love you, right?” He told her.

She sighed and turned her face to let her cheek lie on his lean chest. She could hear the strong, steady beat of his heart. “Of course, I’m your bestfriend. It’s obligatory for you to love me.” 

“Right.” Jiyong chuckled at her avoidant technique. “Whatever happens with our talk later always remember that I love you. We will talk today, Dee. No holds barred. There will be no running away this time.”

Then he straightened up and physically rotated her slim body towards the hallway. “Now go and get a shower, because we’re going out to buy stuff. We’re having a picnic tonight.” 

“A picnic? At night? You serious?” She turned back to question him.

“Yup.” He smiled and lightly pushed her shoulders to get her going. “We’re going out in an hour. No need to wear anything fancy. A shirt and comfortable pants will do.” He called out to her retreating back. 

An hour later Dara went down the stairs to see a freshly showered Jiyong wearing a printed hoodie over a white shirt and comfortable black joggers. She looked at herself. Except for the hoodie she was wearing the same joggers and a loose cotton tee. He smiled in approval at her outfit; stood up grabbed another printed hoodie and tossed it to her. “Wear it. It’s a little bit cold out.”

She looked at the print at the hoodie and looked at the one he was wearing. The two weren’t the same but looked too similar. She pulled the shirt over her head. The thing was loose and fell midway down her thighs. His eyes twinkled as he gazed at her. He reached out his hand for her hands and interlaced their fingers as he tugged her out their home. 

“We’re not taking the car?” She asked as they continued to walk past their cars.

“Nope. We’re just walking to the market.” He told her referring to the quaint strip mall near their village.

She quietly followed his lead. The afternoon sun was setting as they walked leisurely hand in hand along the sidewalk. She was busy chewing on her lip and worrying herself over the talk they were going to have that she didn’t notice the glare Jiyong threw their neighbor, Minho, who was about to greet Dara. 

The man was sniffing about Dara ever since he moved in their village a year ago. Dara, of course, was oblivious and was friendly with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter