Chapter 17

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul grabbed her left arm but Jiyong held on to her right hand. Dara tried to get herself out of their clutches but Heechul’s hand gently but firmly enclosed her wrist. Jiyong not to be outdone interlaced her fingers with his and held on tight.

“Bicheoso!” Dara struggled against both guys. When they didn’t budge, her foot struck out and kicked Heechul on the shin, causing the guy to bowl over in pain. Jiyong snickered at his archenemy’s pain but karma in the form of Dara was a and her now free hand grabbed Jiyong’s arm, allowing her to painfully twist his arm, forcing him to let go of her hand as well.

mode activated, Dara stood with arms akimbo looking down in disdain at the two man-sized boys, both grimacing in pain and nursing their respective injuries and bruised male egos. She was pissed off. She was not some juicy bone that they could just fight over like two rabid dogs. 

“Did you two poor, little boys get hurt? I should be sorry but I’m not. I am my own person. I go where I want to go, if I want to go, when I want to go.”

Both men straightened up and glared daggers at each other. “If you guys want to start a pissing contest, leave me out of it. I want this stupid date over and done with so I’ll go with you.” 

Heechul grinned shamelessly at Jiyong, feeling suddenly victorious. The other guy rolled his eyeballs at him. “You,” Dara said while pointing at Jiyong, “You’re also coming. A promise is a promise. I want to be done with those damned wishes soon for my sanity’s sake.”

Heechul’s face soured at Dara’s words as it was now Jiyong’s turn to smirk at him. Both boys, however, sobered up when Dara walked on without looking back at them. “I’m taking my car. I set the rules for today. I’m too tired to deal with you both.”

The subdued duo followed obediently at her heels. Halfway to her car, they came across Joross who was on his way to Dara’s car. They had planned to go home together because his car was having a scheduled PMS check. He looked questioningly at his friend. Dara made a face at him. “Date.” She pointed at the flower boy behind her then pointed towards the fuming dragon on her other side, “Chaperone.” 

“Ooh!” Joross laughed at the weird trio. “This is a ing disaster in the making and I want front seat tickets!”

Dara shrugged at him. “Sure. Why not? At least I could have someone worth talking to later.”

As they neared her car, Jiyong was planning on taking the front seat. “Not so fast, Mr. Chaperone. You sit in the back.”

Heechul laughed gleefully at him as he moved to get in to the discarded seat but he stopped when he saw that Dara was staring daggers at him. “Back seat. You brats, behave or I’m not going with any of you.”

Joross took the front seat and strapped himself in. Dara got inside the car as well. As she started up the engine she looked at the now silent boys through her rear view mirror. Both sported the same sullen, sulky expressions. Dara couldn’t help but smile a little, noting how similar their expressions were. They were like preschool children forced to sit in the corner after a fistfight. 

Meanwhile, Joross was busily typing a group message. “What: DaraHee date chaperoned by a fuming Dragon. With me as the self-designated fourth wheel.  Where: Haru. When: Tonight. Probably in twenty minutes. Bets are on on who gets the last say on this one. You guys know the drill.” 

What followed was a very silent twenty minute car ride. Dara gave her full attention to the road, gripping the steering wheel tightly with both hands. She didn’t even bother playing any music, something she generally does when driving. She wanted the date over and done with and she didn’t want any distractions. Joross was also busy tinkering with his phone. He could be seen grinning at times while he read whatever was on his screen but he remained quiet too. The two boys at the back after getting told by Dara to behave both gave each other murderous looks before looking out the window. After a while Heechul relaxed back onto the car seat to get a power nap.

Dara smoothly backed into an available parking space. Heechul was still snoring softly in his seat. Joross was of a mind to slam the door to wake his roommate up but Jiyong did the honors with a side kick on his leg. Heechul jerked straight up and automatically blurted out, “I’m not really asleep,” as he hastily straightened his clothes. Jiyong was already get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter