Chapter 5

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days before the auction, Dara had to go on duty for thirty two hours straight. She even had to stand in as the Senior House Officer for the last 12 hours of her shift. She was tired as hell and to boost her spirits she was sneaking some kdrama time on her cellphone. She already had a cup of coffee at the ER but it wasn’t enough to give her stalling brain a jumpstart. She needed an additional stimuli to perk her up and what better stimuli than a heavenly dose of Kdrama feels?

She was walking on the way to the doctor’s quarters from the ER, an ear bud stuck on her left ear her phone cradled in her hands. Hospital staff were used to seeing her like this every time she’s done with her shift and knew better than to get in her way when she was already in her zone. CL was one of the few people brave enough to disturb her when she’s like this.

CL had been walking along stride Dara for a few steps already but Dara failed to notice her. CL finally pulled the ear bud from her ear. 

“Yah!” Dara yelled at her. “I was getting to the good part already!”

“Better than this?” CL was fanning a pair of WINNER concert tickets in front of her face. “Front row seats, you like?”

Dara’s eyes rounded in excitement at the tickets. “Is one of those reserved for me, CL-roo? I’m your favorite Unnie, remember?” Dara dazedly asked CL, her eyes trained on the tickets instead of making eye contact with her younger friend.

“Could be yours...or not.” CL tucked the tickets safely inside her coat pocket. “It depends.”

“Depends on what?” Dara excitedly asked.

“On whether you agree to bid for me on the night of the auction.” CL told her.

“What? Are you out of your freaking mind? After the rumor of us being a lesbian couple has finally died down, you’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter