Chapter 31

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are we going next?” Dara mused as they walked leisurely back.

“Home.” Jiyong simply said.

“I thought we’re having a picnic.” Dara said.

“Who said picnics can’t be done at home?” Jiyong countered.

“You’re a cheapskate, Kwon Jiyong.” Dara mocked him.

“Why should I spend much on you?” Jiyong mocked right back at her. “Besides you’re technically the one who should be spending on this because this is one of your paybacks for not doing your end of the bargain.”

“I lost out on a technicality, Kwon!” Dara rolled her eyes at him.

“You mind going to court on that?” Jiyong challenged.

“As if you have a case against me. The contract’s not even legal.” Dara mouthed back at him.

They were already on their doorstep. Jiyong had to let go of her hand to open the door. “Go on then. Lock yourself up in your room and watch your kdramas. I’m not giving you any of these.” He held up the coffee and the bag of baked goodies in front of her face.

“You’ll get indigestion eating all that on your own.” Dara told him. “I’d be doing you a favor by eating my share of those. And besides I’m a woman of my word.” She puffed up her nearly flat ed torso and bumped her fist a couple of times on it as emphasis but her eyes were staring longingly at the bags he was taunting her with. She refused to let all of that mouthwatering food she painstakingly selected go to waste.

“Woman of your word, my . Woman of your stomach most likely.” He handed her the bags. “Go on and bring these up the deck before I change my mind.” 

She hurriedly grabbed her loot and scurried out the backyard. She huffed and puffed up the stairs towards their roof deck lounge. It had been some time since they’ve lounged with the guys there. Before they all lived busy lives at least once a week they would laze around the deck with the squad. The prep and clean up for home gatherings took time and energy they couldn’t spare now so they gravitated more towards dining out. She smiled as she took in the lounge. She and Jiyong would go up from time to time to spend some quiet time up here but what with all the avoiding she did lately she barely went out of her room.

Dusk was gathering and the soft muted colors of the setting sun greeted Dara. She stopped and smiled at the beauty before her. She was so entranced with it she didn’t notice Jiyong’s presence. He nudged her shoulder before taking the bags from her. She smiled at him and went back to admiring the sunset. Jiyong busied himself with setting up everything he needed. As the darkness chased away the last tendrils of light, Jiyong flicked a switch and warm cozy yellow lights cast muted tones across the deck. 

Dara blinked from her trance. She turned nervously to Jiyong and smiled awkwardly at him. Jiyong gave her a quick reassuring hug. “It will be okay, Dee. Do you trust me?” He asked while looking her straight in the eye.

She nodded at him. suddenly went dry she couldn’t say a word. She cleared and bit her lower lip in worry.

“Stop worrying your lip like that.” Jiyong said softly while looking at her lips. He brushed his thumb gently at her lips to release them from her bite. Her barely perceptible, “Okay” stopped him from doing something that could possibly scare her off. He settled his lips on her forehead instead. He does it all the time with her the gesture shouldn’t bother her but somehow there was something in the air that made Dara’s heart skip a beat when he did it this time.

Jiyong swiftly but gently turned her towards the sofa. He had to keep things moving as planned before his body goes amok against h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter