Chapter 14

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was half past nine when Jiyong and Kiko arrived at the karaoke bar. As soon as the door opened, Dara’s singing voice assailed their senses. She was belting out the last line of Taylor Swift’s You Belong With Me. 

Jiyong cringed as she screeched crazily at him upon his entrance. “You’re here! Yippee!” Dara drunkenly clapped her hands. “You’re just in time, my friend. The next song is for you!” 

Minzy, CL and Bom tried to take the mic from her hands but she was amazingly stronger than the three of them combined when she’s drunk. “What are you doing? You’ve been wanting me to sing since earlier and now that I want to sing you’re stopping me.” She hissed at the girls.

“Hi Kiko. This song is dedicated for both of you.” She pointed drunkenly at Kiko. “Why is there two of you? Pfft.” She frowned and squinted at Kiko until her vision steadied and she was able to pinpoint Kiko’s exact location. 

She gestured at Kiko, pointing at the space near her. “Sit by me, friend. You’re going to love my song.” She turned to Jiyong. “And you. You, my friend are going to sit beside Kiko. I’m singing you both this song. If you like it I’m going to sing it again at your wedding.” She cackled crazily at her totally inappropriate, harebrained idea.

Jiyong tried to talk her to give him the mic. “Let’s go home, Dee. You’ve had too much to drink.” She stomped her foot at him and roughly pushed him to sit beside Kiko. 

Jiyong turned to the girls, “Why did you let her drink? You know what happens every time she does.” 

“Ask the rat.” CL pointed accusing fingers at Seungri. “She was already sloshed by the time we got here.”

Jiyong glared at their maknae. “You, rat! Why did you give her alcohol?”

The rat met his stare head on. “Why not, hyung? If I were in her place I’d also drink myself to oblivion. You don’t have to worry for her. You take care of your girlfriend. We’ll take care of our friend.”

“Girlfriend? Who said I have one?” Jiyong managed to blurt out before Dara drunkenly pointed at them all. “You guys shut up and listen. The song’s about to start.”

She cleared and then proceeded to softly sing straight into Jiyong’s eyes:

You give your hand to me
And then you say hello And I can hardly speak My heart is beating so
And anyone can tell You think you know me well
But you don't know me
No you don't know the one Who dream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter