The Confession

Until My Last Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a few weeks have passed. Things get rather less awkward between Taeyeon and Tiffany. Usually, Tiffany will come to the restaurant with Bora for their lunch during their office break and sometimes Taeyeon joins even if he was not invited. But Taeyeon has his own charm and the girls can never say no to him when he wants to join them for lunch.

 

"Alright ladies, this is on me. Enjoy your food. Bon appetit." Taeyeon wink towards Bora and Tiffany.

 

"Wow, Taeyeon you don't have to do this you know. It's like whenever we come here to eat, you will treat us with some kind of new dishes. I feel bad." Tiffany pout.

 

"Oh come on. You guys have to support me, try our new dishes and give your opinion. Is it good? Is it edible? That's what friends do right? Support each other."

 

"Yeah but friends won't treat their friends whenever they eat together. Instead, they always ask for free lunch whenever they eat together. Right Bora?" Tiffany smirks towards Bora. Hinting the sarcasm remarks towards her.

 

"Gosh Tiffany, you are so loud. I really want to eat right now. And for you Taeyeon. Thanks a lot. If only I were single right now, I think I might fall for you." Bora gives Taeyeon a wink and laugh.

 

"Really..? I dont think I've shown you my charms enough yet".

 

" Yah, where does that come from? I will definetly tell Yunho about your flirty attitude. Leave Taeyeon alone." Tiffany scolds Bora. Bora just shrugged while Taeyeon stifled his laugh and left the girls to resume with his work.

 

After the lunch, both Tiffany and Bora went straight back to their office. Tiffany entered her office and was surprised to see a parcel on her table. Much to her suprised, she saw her mother's name as the sender. She opened the parcel and saw a white satin dress wrapped perfectly fine in the box along with a white paper. She was confused, she was afraid, after so many years, she was never in contact with her mother and vise versa. She was left when she was only twelve and the very last memory of her mother is when she was crying while hugging her mother before her mother left their house with a man.

 

My dearest Tiffany. I read about your engagement in a magazine and could'nt help myself to reach out for you. It has been so many years but not one one day has gone by when I haven't thought about you, but I promised your father that I would never contact you. For all your bithday, I'd buy a gift and write a long letter for you. But then I put both of it in a cupboard. But this time, I could'nt stop myself. Every mother has a dream to dress her daughter in her wedding dress herself, but I know that I lost this right many years ago. This is the dress that I wore in my wedding and came to your father's house. It means a lot to me and I feel so blessed if you choose to wear this on your wedding day. Lots of lots of Love.. your mother,

 

After reading the paper, she wiped her beaming tears and tried to cool down. Her heart was beating so fast and she didn't know why. She was a bit indifferent. She was confused. Is it exciting for reading her mother's thoughts or is it a kind of anger and sorrowful that leads to her pounding hearts. She grabs her bag and rushes out to meet someone.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"So what are you going to do now?" Taeyeon asks while folding the card, concerned with the confusing girl sitting in front of him. Tiffany has come to meet him and decided to share the news about the gift and card from her mother.

 

"Does your dad know about this?" He asked again. Tiffany silently shakes her head and continues to sadly stare at the gift.

 

"Well maybe Tiffany doesn't know what to do but I guess Krystal definitely knows what to do about this" He looked at Tiffany and smiled.

 

Tiffany looked at the smile and sigh. Taeyeon is right, Krystal do know what to do. She sips some of her drinks and pick up her handbag and car keys. She was ready to go and after she takes a few steps towards the door she stop and turns to Taeyeon.

 

"Well, I think I'm not sober enough to drive. Will you come with me?" She throws her keys without waiting for Taeyeon to answer for that. Taeyeon chuckle and scoff.

 

"What an excellent excuse, who in the world would get drunk with orange juice. I know you like my company. I'm your favourite best friend after all right?" He laughs and walks behind Tiffany towards her car.

 

It only takes a few hours to go to Tiffany's mother's house. By the time they arrived in front of a house next to a vineyard, there was a couple talking and looking very sweet together.

 

Tiffany was standing like a straight pole not knowing what to do. A part of her wants to deal with her past, but the other part of her just wants to go back and ignore her own mother who is standing not far from her.

 

Gasp. "My baby.." suddenly Tiffany saw her mother smile and ran to hug her. She was smiling, happy to feel the longing touch of her mother. They sat on the bench at the vineyard and talked. Taeyeon, on the other side, was showing his goofy charm at Zach, her mother's husband. Starting from a small talk, soon they manage to talk comfortably. Her mother shows a lot of present boxes towards Tiffany and asks her to unwrap the gifts. It was her gift for Tiffany's birthday, for every Christmas eve, and for other occasions in which she thinks that they should probably celebrate together. On each of the present boxes there was a letter written by her mother to share how much she loves her and how much she was begging for her forgiveness.

 

Tiffany knew that her mother and father divorced in a good way, but she does'nt know why. She always wondered what happened between the two of them and as time went by she did have small feelings of hatred towards her mother. "Mom, why did you leave us?" Tiffany could'nt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter