The Belief

Until My Last Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sudden collision gave a loud crashing sound. “Noooooooo….!!!” Tiffany’s shout.

she ran as fast as she could towards the scene, she was in a panic state. She keeps repeating to ask God for keeping her lover alive.  

 

“Please God, please help me with this. He is innocent.” Tiffany ran until she accidentally slipped her ankle and kneel on the road as she thought that she might have sprained her ankle. But, she still prays hard inside, asking God to punish her instead, because deep inside, she knows, she thinks this must be God’s punishment for them as they broke their promises to stay as friends. 

 

Tiffany tried to walk slowly approaching the crowd, she insisted on getting close to Taeyeon, she cried harder when she saw that Taeyeon was now lying down full with blood on his head. she tried to hold his hand, to wake him up, to kiss him, to console him but she couldn't. There was a policeman who decided to keep the crowd away and try to do anything he could to wake Taeyeon while waiting for the paramedics team. 

 

“Taeyeon, please, don’t you dare to die, oh my God, Taeyeon please..” She tried to approach the crowd again but failed.

 

“madam, you cannot go through this line” an officer grab her hand and push her lighty,

“No, you don’t understand, please give me a minute..I really need to see him, he is my boyfriend.” Tiffany begging the officer, she wiped her tears and grabbed the officer’s hand and asked him to allow her to get close to Taeyeon. 

 

“I’m sorry madam, the paramedic is trying their best to help him for now.” the officer declined her request nonchalantly, the paramedic was giving CPR right now while Taeyeon was still lying down with no response.

 

realizing her request will not be granted, she knelt down and continue to pray, 

“Please..please..please.. Please God, don’t punish him for my mistake,” she look at Taeyeon and saw that he still lying down unconsciously, she shut her eyes and keep praying, begging while crying, “...Pleaseee, you keep him alive, don’t let anything happened to him, and I…, and I promise, I promise I will never meet him again..” 

 

she cried harder, she was struggling to beg but she kept doing it. All the sweet memories between them suddenly appear inside her mind. The first time they met, the engagement party, the dance, the first kiss, and the unforgettable promise in the church long time ago..  “Please bring him back, I promise, I promise I will never meet him, I will leave him forever, just pleaseeee, please bring him back.. He is innocent, please keep him alive, I’m begging you...please” 

 

Suddenly, she saw Taeyeon cough and held his head, the paramedic also surprised and immediately carried him into the ambulance. 

 

The crowd began to disperse, the sound of the siren startled her to realize that she had made another promise and this time, she knew, she had to stick with it wholeheartedly. 


 

**********************************************************************

‘Thud..!!’ the sudden thud sound startled Amber. 

 

“Oh my god, Taeyeon, it’s been a week since the accident. I know how you feel. Trust me, I do.” Amber picks up Taeyeon’s phone and assembles all the parts together before putting it down on the kitchen counter. 

 

“No, you don't. I can’t get through Tiffany’s phone. So why not.” Taeyeon just shrugged. He tried to reach the remote on his left to switch on the tv. His left hand still bandaged and the bruises on his head were almost healed. 

 

“It’s okay to feel frustrated, but it’s not okay to throw things like that. Look, I can help you to find her, I mean she must have her own reason right? What if her dad doesn't approve? What if she messed this up with kevin, I mean, she loves you, and there must have been a solid reason why she ghosted you like this.” Amber said. 

 

“Have you tried to look at her office? her mother?” Amber asks, he gave Taeyeon a cup of tea to calm his best friend. 

 

“yeah but nothing.. it's like she’s gone with the wind. ..What the..” Taeyeon coughs and puts the cup down after sipping it. “Jesus, try to learn to make  tea like normal people do will you? 

 

Amber laughed and patted his back, “ Sorry man, I guess you could just adjust your taste bud because after next week, neither I, nor this kind of tea will never be here anymore.” He sat on the kitchen counter and stared at his best friend. He chuckled and continued “You know, looking at you like this makes me feel bad. Now I don’t know whether I should go or not.” 

 

“What do you mean? you got a new job? you gonna be away from me?” Taeyeon asks, surprised with the new information. Although the idea of living away from each other might affect him a little but deep down he was proud for his best friend. He knew how hard it was to survive in this town, how they were struggling to find a job, to pay rent, to provide some money for their family back in their hometown, and now thinking that his friend was taking his step to shine made him proud. 

 

“No, I’ve made my mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter