The Time

Until My Last Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Exhaustion seeped into every muscle and every bone but Taeyeon had been happy. He just finished his run and was happy that he could feel an adrenaline rush inside his body. Ever since Tiffany had to go to her office in the morning, Taeyeon spent his time running, without telling Tiffany of course. He just needs to do something before he goes to the restaurant. Amber told him that he was willing to pick him but Taeyeon insisted on going there by himself. He make his way to the nearest train station and suddenly his phone ringing, 

 

“Yes, Amber” Taeyeon pants quietly

 

“ Taeyeon, don't forget, our restaurant site is in front of Marble Arch Station okey?” Amber reminds him with concern. 

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Taeyeon mutters, he knows his friends love him, but being constantly checked is like putting some pressure. Sometimes, Taeyeon thinks that they treat him like a child and he dont like it. 

 

“ I got it Am, thanks for the umpteenth reminder, I'm heading to the train station now, see you later” He locks his phone without waiting for any reply. 

 

Everything was going well until it wasn't. At the train station, Taeyeon could hear a commotion across the way. Some female high scream and alarm blaring  make him wonder, what could go wrong?

 

A few officers guide all the passengers to walk out from the train and keep their distance for their own safety. Taeyeon took in his surroundings, suddenly his head hurts and he feels like vomiting. The emergency announcement made him grimaces. Something is definitely not right. Not only his head hurts, his chest throbbed.  And just like that, Taeyeon’s eyes flashed with a few memories, he could see a group of soldiers running in a field training. He could see a glimpse of his face giving orders in a loud, distinctive, clear voice towards a group of soldiers and everything seemed to slow down for a minute. 

 

“Ladies and gentleman, we need to evacuate the station, please come this way,” An officer in charge shouted and directed all the passengers towards his way. His hand waved towards the corner to show them the right and safe place. “Come on, everybody come this way, start moving up this way!”

 

Taeyeon started to follow the crowd and walk towards the said direction but then he heard someone ask another officer, “What happened sir? I don't see anything wrong” a young man asks in the middle of chaos. He seems pretty upset to entertain this chaos. 

 

“I’m sorry sir, due to a reported bomb aboard the train, all passengers are requested to leave the station immediately.” The word bomb suddenly triggered Taeyeon, and suddenly his leg has his own mind and walked towards the opposite way. 

 

“ Due to a reported bomb..." The word bomb keep replaying in his head.

 

"Bomb..” He muttered under his breath. He approaches the train and enters slowly. There were two officers already inside the train securing the place. He saw a bag  hanging on the train’s seat. 

 

“Sir, please leave sir, it's not safe here, You are not allowed to be here!” one of the officers, surprised  when he saw Taeyeon, the other officer is talking through his walkie talkie describing the bomb towards his team. 

 

“Ten pounds semtex, possibly with shrapnel, not motion sensitive..” Taeyeon said  while stepping towards the bag slowly. His eyes were busy scanning all the way around the bag and the surroundings. looking for any other clue about the bomb. 

 

“Sir, you need to evacuate now, th…” one of the officer try again but his partner cuts him “Wait, this guy might now what his talking about, let him through” 

 

Taeyeon nodded slowly towards the officer and squad in front of the bag. He looked closely and said “remote detonator..” and started to the bag; He threw one last look towards the two officers and started to examine the wire. He suddenly knew how to handle the bomb. All become too familiar and he manages to diffuse the bomb, he stands and signals the officers that the bomb has been defused. 

 

“Thank you sir, What is your name Sir?” One of the officers asked.

 

“Major Kim Taeyeon, Korean Army, Bomb disposal squad.” Taeyeon said with confidence.

 

He walks out from the train with strange feelings, his memories still jumbling in his head. A sudden realization hit him. 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany calls him, she slowly walks towards the altar, her eyes squinting, noticing a figure standing firm in front of the altar looking at the statue.

“What are you doing?” feeling weird about what's on earth that Taeyeon does, standing in the middle of a church. She walks slowly towards Taeyeon looking for any sign to give her any clue for Taeyeon’s odd request..

 

“ Why did you called me here?” Tiffany asked again. Standing beside demand for an answer.  

 

Taeyeon only heaved  a deep breath. “ For all the moments that I have lost in the past, today I just want to steal back one moment.”

Tiffany knitted her brows together, she could sense Taeyeon was different.

“Today, I’m going to, once again, marry you” Taeyeon didn’t spare a glance at the shock on Tiffany’s face. 

 

“Will you marry me Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked, slowly turning to face Tiffany, 

 

Tiffany blinked and frowned. “Stop it, Tae. We can’t just get married like this.” 

 

“Why, why can’t we?” 

 

“ You’d  said this is how we got married, just the two of us, no celebration. Just you and me..”  Slowly Taeyeon reaches for Tiffany’s hand. “So, let’s do it again, for me..” 

 

“ Come on, I’ll start..” Taeyeon said while smiling. 

 

Tiffany could feel the blood draining off her body the moment she heard Taeyeon request. 

 

Taeyeon took Tiffany’s hand and brushed his lips to the knuckles and after thinking about saying his vows in front of Jesus but suddenly, he chuckled,  “I’m sorry, what I said last time, or how, I don’t remember but all I will say this time is I love Tiffany a lot and I promise that I..”

 

“Stop it Taeyeon!” Tiffany cut him, rushing herself to remove her hand from Taeyeon.  

 

“This is not a joke” Tiffany looked away, struggling to endure the threatening tears. There was just too much she could take. How could she deal with the love of her life but at the same time, putting up lies in front of his nose. They were supposed to get married in this church 10 years ago. If only she didn't make any promise back then. 

 

“ Wow, look at you. “ The significant displeasure in Taeyeon’s voice didn’t go unnoticed by Tiffany. 

 

“You've made our marriage a joke and lied about it, and I can’t even play a small little prank?” He clenched  his jaw and turned away from Tiffany. He could dare to see her tears but he needed to lash his feelings out. 

 

“Memory is such a funny thing.. We spend a whole lifetime trying to forget something but we can’t. And then if we try to remember something small, we’re unable to. “ Taeyeon then held his gaze on Tiffany. What was he supposed to do to make everything clear? 

 

“You know Tiffany, everyday in the army, I used to think, why is it that He keeps me alive? Today I figured that out.. He wasn't fully satisfied with what he had done to me. He first tears me away from your life, He says g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter