The Plan

Until My Last Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jessica follows Tiffany into a fancy restaurant in the town. She stares at the blue-aqua building in front of her with awe. It’s covered in shimmering icicle lights that make the view so wonderful. From the look of it, Jessica’s bet that the business is fairly good on the inside. 


 

She follows Tiffany to enter the restaurant and keeps following her like a lost puppy. Jessica’s nose met with the inviting scents of the food. The ambience playing is just nice and makes the atmosphere inside the restaurant feel so pleasant to meet with the customer’s moods. Tiffany glances around at the area and begins to recognize the person she’s looking for. They walk upon the counter and Tiffany’s tap a guy on his shoulder.


 

“Ms Tiffany?” The guy looked so surprised. Tiffany showed her shy smile and nodded along.


 

“ It’s been a while Amber, this is my friend Jessica, we.. we have something to discuss, and it's kind of personal,” Tiffany said, feeling bad if her presence there unnoticed makes Amber’s feel uncomfortable for disturbing his business. 


 

“Let’s have a seat first, I’m always available when it comes to you.” Amber said awkwardly. 


 

So the three of them have a sit in a spot in the corner by the window, Tiffany and Jessica simultaneously explaining to Amber what had happened and what is the main reason for their presence today. 


 

“Amber, if you can’t do this, feel free to say so.” Tiffany said and glanced at Jessica hoping for her to understand so.


 

“Yeah, We realize that we’re probably asking for a bit too much”. Jessica mumbled.


 

“Too much?” Amber sighed. “No Jessica, you’re asking for too little. This restaurant, my house, all of it is Taeyeon’s.” Amber choked on air and looked up, 


 

“I started all this with the money that he gave me before he left, otherwise how would this Korean man have done all this in this city? I almost gave up when I couldn't find a job in the first month when we got here. I cannot focus on myself, I almost ran back to Korean but he won’t allow me. He encourages me and motivates me. He told me that he’d come one day to take his share, and I always wait for him you know, but.. not like this..” he felt a painful lump at the base of his throat.

 

“Clara and I will shift into our old Wembley flat, this restaurant, the house is all Taeyeon’s from now, just tell me when are you going to bring him”. Amber insisted with a smile. 


 

“Tomorrow,” Jessica says, the sooner the better she thinks. 


 

Amber nods and holds out his hand towards Jessica, “ So, as Taeyeon used to say, done, done London..”


 

“Done, done London,” Jessica smiles wider and shakes their hands as a sign of agreement.  


 

Hearing the words make Tiffany’s stomach roll. That is the first words they said when they decided to learn from each other, the first thing that connected between her and Taeyeon together 10 years ago. 


 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++




 

“What are you looking at?” Amber asks while driving, he just picks Taeyeon up form the hospital, they told Taeyeon that Tiffany can’t be there because she wants to surprise Taeyeon at their home. But the truth is, Tiffany is busy covering all Amber’s and Clara’s things and replacing her with a few Taeyeon’s things to avoid any fishy scenario in their own house. 


 

“London..” Taeyeon smiled looking at the Eye of London, and the crowd along the roadside.  “We’re growing older but this city is getting younger,” he said. Amber just chuckled. 


 

“So, you were saying that we have our own restaurant?” Taeyeon sits upright excitedly and looks at Amber.  


 

“Duhh.. how can you not remember? Taeyeon's Kitchen, it’s amongst the top 10 restaurants in London.” Amber said with a smile, pushing back the thoughts of what would happen to him if Taeyeon left without leaving some cash and encouraging him to pursue his dream in business.


 

“I’d never imagined that we’d have our own restaurant, a bungalow, a car.. accidently God’s been too kind. I think that’s why he’s making things even now.” Taeyeon commented. 


 

“He is letting you rest for a while, nothing else, now don’t get too emotional or we’ll meet with another accident.” Amber tries to dismiss the topic. 


 

“Everything else I can understand, but there is one thing I can’t understand..” Taeyeon asks with a serious face. 


 

Amber starts to feel anxious, he keeps his eyes on the road while waiting for Taeyeon to ask.



 

“How did you hook Clara?” Taeyeon chuckled. He can sense the slight miff in Amber’s face. 


 

“Dude.. what do you mean? Of course she falls for my charms.” he slapped Taeyeon’s arm and pretended to be offended with the question. 


 

Once they arrive in front of a bungalow, Amber parks his car and tells Taeyeon that they have arrived, he asks him to go and find Tiffany. 


 

Once Taeyeon gets out of the car, he takes a deep breath and moves forwards, determined to face everything he doesn't have any memory about. Only one thing that he could think of is Tiffany. That’s when he saw Tiffany waiting for him at the front door smiling wildly at him. 


 

“Hey there, welcome to our house,” Tiffany exclaims, pulling him in and hugging him tightly. “I’m so happy to see you!” 


 

“It’s good to see you too honey, I’m sorry I couldn't even remember this house, perhaps you could give me some tour inside the house?” Taeyeon gets out, feeling as if his ribs are being crushed. 


 

“Well, let’s go figure it out,” Tiffany winks and gestures him to walk inside the house. Before she closed the door, she saw Jessica walk along the curb in front of their house slowly, she waved and smiled a little towards Tiffany. Tiffany knows that Jessica is just making sure that everything will work as planned. She has to be sure that both Tiffany and Taeyeon are okay. 


 

Tiffany gives a sympathetic smile, and waves back. She closed the door with a sigh. 



 

After having a small tour, both of them eat their lunch and Tiffany asks Taeyeon to take a nap but he refuses, so Tiffany asks for a movie time and Taeyeon only agrees because Tiffany said that the movie time also includes snuggles on the couch. 


 

After a few hours the couple wake up and get their dinner together. Tiffany also offers to shave some parts of Taeyeon's thin beard that starts to grow on his face. They make small talk during their shaving session. 


 

“So, how is Sir Jesus doing?” Taeyeon asked, he was sitting on a lazy chair half lying watching Tiffany putting some shaving cream on his cheeks. “ How are the deals coming along?” He tried to tease the girl. 


 

“I’ve stopped making deals and vows. Now, I don’t ask for anything from anybody.” Tiffany replied. 


 

“Wow, how did this happen?” for a moment he stared at her disbelief. 


 

Tiffany just shrugged and said “I’ve got you, so there is no need to ask for anything else.”


 

Taeyeon grins after hearing the answer. His heart is racing. 


 

“So, you love me that much?” Taeyeon grins, and starts to lean on Tiffany, for a moment he was so sure that Tiffany was doing the same, he could almost breathe the same air as Tiffany, he touched Tiffany’s jawline and caressed her face. 


 

The moment when their lips almost connect, Tiffany stops and suddenly gets up avoiding Taeyeon’s eyes.  Taeyeon was surprised, he was confused. “Why, What’s wrong?” he asks, afraid if he makes any mistake. 


 

“Dr Shepherd said, for a couple of days no..” Tiffany smiles apologetically. She grabs a clean cloth and wipes Taeyeon’s face. She smiles proudly, now Taeyeon looks so much younger than before, just like the old times. 


 

“Oh man.. but I've injured my head, and Dr Shepherd is a neurologist, not a ologist”. Taeyeon  groaned, pushing his head back on the chair looking up at the ceiling. “I think, she’s a lesbian.” Taeyeon muttered slowly. 


 

The first couple days at home were good. There are so many things that Taeyeon wants to do at home with his wife. But now, Taeyeon was sitting on a couch. Tiffany has forbidden him to move a lot around the house. Of course Taeyeon was happy to be out of the hospital and to be able to spend time with Tiffany but throughout the couple of days, he got more and more frustrated with spending his days, watching Tiffany doing everything and running around after him. 

 

“Honey, I’m bored.”Taeyeon calls Tiffany for some attention. Tiffany finished her cleaning at the sink and goes to Taeyeon. 


 

“Why don’t you take a shower and then we could get some movie time? We could snuggle on this couch later?” Tiffany said with a smile. 


 

“Okay, but can I pick the movie?” Taeyeon asked cheekily. 



 

“Deal,” Tiffany said and kissed his cute face. 


 

After a few minutes, Taeyeon gets out of his shower and stares at the mirror. He looked himself in the mirror and ran his fingers through his hair, making it more decent. Before he wears his shirt, he looks at his body for a minute more. He has a few scars on his chest, arm and the back of his shoulder. The scar looks old, it seems like the scar is not from the accident. He always wondered how he got the scar.


 

 He stood in front of the mirror long enough and tried to crack his brain to remember, a sudden flash of memories captured his mind. He could see a few soldiers run in a pack with guns, a soldier with a uniform shouts while shooting at criminals, and then all of the glimpse memory stops because he hears a knock at the door. He was shocked. His head was spinning and he couldn't stand still. He grabs the sink in front of him to steady himself. 


 

“Honey, what took you.. Oh my, are you okay? I’m sorry I should have come sooner.” TIffany barges in and holds Taeyeon’s hip to support him. Although Taeyeon was still half , standing there only with his sweatpants, Tiffany had no intention to get her mind to think about something dirty right now. 


 

“My head hurts a little, sorry,” Taeyeon apologizes, he follows Tiffany as she walks him on their bed. He didn't tell Tiffany about the weird memories he got just now. He is also confused with his mind right now. 


 

“I’ll get you some clothes to sleep in.” Tiffany said as she let go of Taeyeon’s hand. She walks over to her dresser and pulls out a shirt and hands a plain white shirt to Taeyeon. 


 

“You should rest, you make me scared,” Tiffany whispered. 


 

Taeyeon turns his body to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter