The Diagnosis

Until My Last Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days later

 

Jesscia notices Sunny and Sooyoung at the cafeteria. They were sitting side by side, bantering about who's got the best flavor ice cream. Sunny took a spoonful of Sooyoung's ice cream and made a weird face and laugh which earned a pinch from sooyoung at her elbow. 

 

Jesscia walked over the duo and sat across them and lean her head on the table with a sigh. 

 

Sunny notices the frustration and asks why. "Hey Jess. A penny for your thought?"

 

"Nah.. she just frust with her assignment, her subject is an ". Sooyoung answered nonchalantly. 

 

"He's not an ," Jessica said, defending Taeyeon. 

Sunny starts to confuse, she offers her ice cream to Jessica for her to feel better. 

 

" The soldier won't come for her so he's an . I mean what's so big deal, just come here, sign a few papers and do some talks then go back, ready to be famous". Sooyoung said. 

 

Sunny seems convinced. 

 

" That's not it Sooyoung, He's just messed up. It's a long story" Jessica said and took a small scoupe of Sunny's ice cream. 

"So what's your plan now? Heading back?" Sunny asks. 

 

"I guess so, I mean Hyoyeon already tried to convince the bosses but it's not working". 

 

"Don't worry Jess, I'm sure you gonna get a better chance after this." Sunny said with a little smile. 

 

“Speaking of better chance, look who’s calling me now?” Jessica said with a grin, taking out her phone and pushing the button to answer.  Sunny and Sooyoung keep silent eating their ice cream purposely trying to eavesdrop. 

 

“How many offices were there in Discovery Channels?” Taeyeon asks, leaving Jessica dumbfounded. 

 

“Excuse me?” Jessica asks, making a weird face and somehow making Sunny and Sooyoung leaning more against the table to hear the conversation. 

 

“I’m standing at the cross road, I can’t understand where to go, all the buildings look the same. But I saw a nice fountain here. Gonna take some selfie over there.” Taeyeon chuckled. It reminds him of the very first time he landed in London a few years ago. Everythings was fascinating, every building, every park was so lovely, but somehow, it kinda looks the same. 

 

“What?!” Jessica shouted, earning a slap from Sooyoung who accidentally choked on her ice cream. 

 

“sorry,”Jessica mouthed her and continued to talk with Taeyeon. “You wait there, I’m coming there. Listen to me, I’m gonna get you right now, bye”Jessica put her phone in her pocket and smiled happily. She was so excited, she grabbed all her belongings and told her two friends that the soldier is here and he is not an before running away to get her soldier. 

 


Jessica runs across a street and runs through the stairs, when Taeyeon said about a fountain, she knew that Taeyeon must be on the other side of her building. She looks around while walking excitedly and saw a familiar guy with a fedora hat. 

 

“Taeyeon..!” Jessica smiles, waving her hand excitedly. Taeyeon notices her and smiles. She runs to hug Taeyeon and feels emotional. 

 

“Thank you Taeyeon, thank you so much..” Jessica said while releasing Taeyeon and looked at his eyes. “I know it’s a big deal for you to come to London, I really appreciate this. I appreciate that you come to London for me, it's a big thing for me.” Jessica said, sincerely.

 

“Oh don’t get so sentimental, I’ve come to set you here permanently, so that I will be free away from you forever,” Taeyeon laughs and makes Jessica laugh too. 

 

“Oh yeah, is that it? Now that you are here, I think there must be some plot twist in our story.” Jessica playfully said and walked cross the street without looking at her side. Suddenly, a car came around the curve and got distracted as a cat ran across the road making the car going straight to Jessica without her notice. 

 

Taeyeon notices the car and the cat and panic runs to his veins as he sees that the car is going to crash Jessica. 

 

“Wait,wait.. Jessica..!” He shouted and tried to warn her but luckily he managed to grab her instead and rolled over together but his head accidentally knocked on the curb leaving him unconscious. 

 

Jessica was in shock. She sat down for a while to process her brain. “What the hell is going on?  What the is wrong with the car?” Her wrist and elbow have some scratch and then she notices Taeyeon. Taeyeon is lying on the road. 

 

“Taeyeon… Taeyeon. Help…! ” Jessica rushed towards the unconscious Taeyeon, trying to wake him up. The driver of the car has called the emergency after checking his car and apologized to Jessica but nothing would make Jessica stop yelling for help. She won't let her wound be treated when the driver showed her his first aid kit. Taeyeon is the priority, it has always been the priority. 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jessica touches her elbow, it stings a bit. Now her wrist has been treated. The doctors put some bandages to stop the bleeding. She was sitting outside Taeyeon’s room. She doesn't know how long he has been treated. All she knows that now the sun is down and her stomach has been growling since forever. Time sure flies fast. But the doctors took forever with Taeyeon. She couldn't help to feel worried. While she was sitting and waiting for Taeyeon, she could hear all the grunts, the hiss, the cries from the patients, the family, even the sound of the squeaky wheelchairs also terrified her. She needs Taeyeon right now. 

 

While having a monologue with herself, blaming her idea to get Taeyeon here in London, a nurse came and tapped her shoulder and startled her. “Excuse me, sorry, he’s asking for you.” The nurse said politely and walked away. 

 

Jessica stands abruptly, and walks to the room. The sound of people talking in low voices , the smells of disinfectant odor make her feel nervous. She needs to walk faster. Taeyeon needs her. 

 

She pushed the door and saw Taeyeon laying down alone on the bed. His hand has an IV line. There was a machine beeping besides his bed. His head has been wrapped with a bandage. Jessica took small steps towards Taeyeon. She thought Taeyeon was asleep. She grabs Taeyeon’s hand and sees that Taeyeon smile a little. When he opened his eyes, Jessica could see Taeyeon’s smile slowly faded and he started to look confused. 

 

“Hey,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter