The Truth

Until My Last Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been two days since Jessica received the list and now, she has arrived at Tiffany’s house. It was a white building across the street. It was beautiful and had a big garden with a fountain and a lot of flowers out front. Jessica enters the house as the gate is open and turns out there was a party being held. Walking along the guest of the party, Jessica’s eyes wander along the whole view, trying to look for Tiffany.

 

Suddenly she saw her. Tiffany was there standing next to a little girl. Jessica learns that the party is a birthday party for the little sweet girl. They sang a happy birthday song and Jessica saw Tiffany help the girl to cut her birthday cake and the birthday girl fed the cake towards Tiffany and the guy next to her. The scene was so beautiful for Jessica.

 

“What a happy little family”. Jessica suddenly felt guilty. Is this worth it? Does she come here, and talking to Tiffany about her ex lover, in front of her husband and child is worth it? Jessica stood there and thought about her original plan. She watched the family interaction and her heart couldn’t stand to break the nice atmosphere. She walks back to her house and starts to change her plan. This has to be done, but not here.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

The next morning, Jessica comes to Tiffany’s office, she tries to reach her at her office but the PA is so annoying and strictly asks her to leave. Jessica groans, walking towards the lift and then she hears Tiffany’s voice talking to someone.

 

When she turns around, she feels the air knocked out of her lungs. “This is it.” She said.

 

She walks towards Tiffany and approaches her. “Hi, Tiffany,” Jessica slowly approaches. Fidgeting with her fingers.

 

“Yes?” Tiffany responded politely.

 

“Em, I need to talk to you”.

 

“Sorry but I can’t seem to replace you..” Tiffany said.

 

“I’m Jessica, I just need a few minutes to.. “

 

“Well actually, I’m very late for my meeting, but would you mind making an appointment with my assistant.” Tiffany cuts Jessica off with a sweet smile, and turns to walk away.

 

Jessica starts to panic, she can’t let her go just like that, this is for Taeyeon for God’s sake. “It’s about Taeyeon..” Jessica’s tone was a little bit higher, it was unplanned but it was worth it. She just catches Tiffany’s attention.

 

Tiffany stops at her tracks and turns around with a surprised look on her face.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

The two women sat on a bench at the nearest park in Tiffany’s office. The scenery was nice. so calm and relaxing. The sound of the small river, running its course, makes the vibe feel like it was taken from a fairytale. The only difference is, what Jessica told Tiffany is not a fairytale. It was real. Jessica just finished her explanation, her story and her request for Tiffany to agree to her plan and Tiffany seems to be in deep thought.

 

After a couple of seconds, Jessica let out a sigh. “I know how difficult this is for you.” Jessica pauses, still waiting for reaction from Tiffany but none.

“..you have a family, a husband, a daughter, but trust me Tiffany, besides you, there’s no one else who can do this. Taeyeon keeps asking for you. He only wants to see you”. Tiffany stood there without saying anything, She was still trying to process this situation.

 

Jessica try her best not to yell at Tiffany, she stood besides her and try to convince her again. “The doctor feels if he sees you just once, then he might be able to hear the truth. Just come once Tiffany.. please..for Taeyeon.” Jessica said slowly. She knows she can’t keep pushing Tiffany to agree but at least she knew that she had tried her best to solve this issue.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

A few knocks on the door made Amelia jump, she was reading a report of her favourite patient. Actually she already knew that Jessica will come and bring Tiffany along to meet Taeyeon.

 

“Hey there, come in. Have a seat.” Amelia smiles, and gesturing to the two women to sit in front of her.

 

“So, Amelia, emm.. I mean Dr Shepherd, this is Tiffany. The one that Taeyeon keeps calling for.” Jessica chuckled.

 

Tiffany gives the doctor a small shy still don't know how to process because after all these years now is the moment where she finally will meet her taeyeon again.

 

“So I believe that Jessica had told you everything right?” The doctor asked. “Yeah” Tiffany nodded along. She glanced at Jessica and saw her smile masking her worried face.

 

“Tiffany, you’ll have to handle Taeyeon very carefully, his mental state is very delicate, any kind of shock or bad news could permanently damage his system.”

 

“Which means?” Jessica asks, wanting to understand more.

 

“Which means, bringing him back may be impossible.” The doctor paused, studying Tiffany, She needs to make sure that Tiffany is willing to be involved in this 100%.

 

“And Tiffany, just remember, you are the bridge that joins Taeyeon to the outside world.” The doctor finished her explanation and left Tiffany to digest all the information.

 

This is a crucial moment in order to save Taeyeon. Not many people would have survived from retrograde amnesia but she’s willing to try her best. After a few minutes, the doctor stood in front of the two women and asked again, “So, are you girls ready?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Tiffany was startled by the news she just heard, She felt her head heavy and her brain stopping for a second. She took a deep breath and tried to process the information. She follows the doctor and walks slowly behind her.

 

She really wants to decline the off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter