one

Red River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thanks for subscribing!   (Sorry if this chapter is too slow or boring, it's how my brain works.)

 

 

Everything was silent. The nurses where changing shifts in the afternoon to watch Dahyun's state, she was still sleeping and surviving with the help of a machine to breath correctly.

The nurses entered the room and everything seemed the same, until a loud beeping noise was heard. Dahyun was collapsing, they didn't know why, she was stable minutes ago. Her breathing was strangely fast and she started to convulse, the nurses were in a rush trying to calm her down. They were trying to hold her still while one of them was applying something in her vein but, the unexpected happened, Dahyun slowly opened her eyes.

"Wait, she is awake!"

One of the nurses said quickly.

Dahyun could only stare with half open eyes what was happening in the clear room with the strong sunlight through the window. She became aware of her surroundings and rushed to take of the tube of and the needles in her arms. The nurses rushed and applied a sedative so she drifted do sleep again.

Notably, she can breathe on her own and they think she will wake up after this shock.

Chaeyoung POV

I'm in my lab in the hospital reading some reports and researches about the vampire's venom. I always do that in my spare hours of training to help my parents with Dahyun's treatment.

We continued with the multiple treatments after all these years... I can't let her die, after everything she came through, such a beautiful and funny girl, I've never been too close to her but she seems so interesting.

I deepened my research hoping to find something to wake her up; I've found really old reports about the curse of the vampires but didn't find out the part linked with our race, but still, we think the new formula I invented based on the search it's going to work after a few months, we started last week to inject the serum in Dahyun's blood.

'I hope that everything goes well...'

Suddenly, I'm alarmed by my cellphone ringing. I lifted from my chair and walked across the room, avoiding some papers on the floor to take my phone out of the charger.

" It's my mother's number"

I'm already start to sweat.

" Hi mom"

" Chaeyoung, come to the 15 floor. Dahyun woke up" My mother's voice it's unstable.

My heart it's beating fast, finally she woke up... My treatment worked.

I'm leaving my lab running, I need to know her state soon. The elevator it's really fast to go down to where I am and I'm standing alone waiting to get at the 15 floor. My legs are kind of trembling.

Walking quickly through the hall I see my mother with a couple of nurses staring at the room's door, probably waiting for me.

"Mom, what happened?"

I'm grabbing the doorknob then my mother stopped me.

"Your father it's there running some tests, she is asleep again"

"Why don't you let me in? "

"Listen Chae... We don't know what happened for sure, she just woke up after convulsing. I don't know even if it's safe to wake her up and probably her senses are messed "

I shift my gaze to some chairs nearby and sit with my mother sitting next to me, the nurses leaving to help my father.

"Can I be there when she wakes up?"

" Of course, the credit its yours Chaeyoung, you're really a prodigy"

My mom it's ruffling my short black hair to reassure me of my insecurity with Dahyun's safety.

" Ok, I will wait here then"

My mom it's looking at me and nodding, while I start to rest the back of my head on the wall to wait for my father's result.

Third person POV

Chaeyoung's father left the room with some sort of medical record after one hour. Chaeyoung stood up walking to him and waiting for the results.

"Ok my daughter I did some blood tests, everything seems fine with her blood, the poison it's still there but in a different way...  It's not making her sick anymore"

Chaeyoung smiled knowing of her success in making Dahyun's body resist the poison by adapting to it.

" It's ok father I will explain my steps on the serum later"

Her father nodded proudly of his daughter.

" Can I see her?"

Chaeyoung made a serious face to her father while getting closer to the room's door. Her head was full with ideas about the success of the serum and the curious trace that made Dahyun blood so distinct that resisted the poison and adapted to the treatment. She already knows that a simple werewolf can't take the serum, his principal base consists of the pure vampire's venom, that Chaeyoung took a long time to be able to get.

" Yes, she woke while I was leaving, the nurses are talking with her I think"

She entered the room while the nurses were leaving, the girl on the bed was looking tired, with her eyes a little closed while staring the ceiling, probably trying to process the information the nurses had told her.

Her senses healed incredibly fast from someone who just woke up from a 3 years' coma, they don't even know how she is speaking and how she can understand perfectly what happened to her. Her hands placed softly on her stomach and deep thoughts about what will happen now.

Dahyun POV

They told me about the coma while I was drinking some water and getting more comfortable on the bed. They didn't tell me how much time I've been sleeping but I can feel that many things changed... They also told me about Chaeyoung's successful treatment, but didn't explain any further than that. I am feeling something different inside of me, something that makes my chest hurt with want but I can't point it out what I need.

Now, I heard the door opening, my eyes are hurting a little so I didn't look for who it is. My thoughts are interrupted by someone clearing as a way to caught my attention, I look to my right side and there is Chaeyoung, one of my old classmates and group member. She is looking smiling at me with her eyes almost sparkly.

' What? '

" Hello Dahyun, it's been a long time"

She sat on the chair near my bed and waited for an answer. I clear my throat and say.

" Yeah, it seems like it... But how much time exactly?"

She is standing up and facing the ceiling like she is thinking.

" It's been three years Dahyun"

'Woah, , I am worried now'

I'm trying to maintain my calm, but my heart already started to beat faster. Chaeyoung it's standing at the right side of my bed, analyzing some papers in her hands.

" Wow, we are now 19 years old."

" Yeah, me, you and Tzuyu. The others are 20 now. "

"I see... You didn't grow much Chaeyoung " I giggle a little saying that. She glared at me and showed her tiger like fangs while growling, her eyes glowing a dim shade of orange.

" Want to go back to your coma Dahyun? I won't wake you up this time" I smiled at her trying to be tough.

"Sorry and thanks" She left the papers on a desk and sat on the chair near me while passing a hand on her hair.

" You seem energetic for someone that just woke up from a coma"

She is looking at my eyes and swaying her feet a little.

" I feel like I had enough rest... Chaeyoung I want to ask you something" I straighten at the bed while placing my back in the hospital's bed headboard. Chaeyoung it's looking at me with curiosity.

" What happened after the vampire bit me?  I only remember until I felt on the ground and you, Momo and Master were fighting with the vampires"

I'm really trying to remember but everything seems like a blur in my head. Chaeyoung lowered her head... Now I am concerned.

"Dahyun it's hard to remember but... Here we go..."  She adjusted her legs and rest her head and back in the chair.

" After we killed most of the vampires you were in the floor, bleeding, Momo took you in her arms and took you out of that place... You should really thank her, she carried you all the way to the town as I treated your wounds."

' That Hirai girl... '

I am surprised, I thought she would be the first to let me die, because after she grew up, she became her father's puppet, maybe she still has a heart after all.

" Thanks, Chaeyoung"

" You're welcome"

She is getting up and waving goodbye near the door.

" I going to bring the others to visit you, since you're well"

I smile brightly after this long time.

"Ok, I'll be waiting"

She left the room while turning on the lights.

' It seems it's starting to get dark '

There is one window open in the left side of the room, I can see the sky with shades of purple and orange as the sun goes down.

Third Person POV

After about 10 minutes Dahyun it's starting to feel her senses more intense, her body is starting to sweat and she feels like she can hear everything from a drop falling in the bathroom's sink to the crash of a bird's wings near the window, with a sudden strength in her body she gets up from the bed to get some air. She reaches the window and see the people on the streets as the streetlights starts to light up. It feels different from the wolf transformation, her body never felt so alive and the adrenaline pulse it's driving her mad. Luckily it stops when she breaths a little deeper trying to control her heartbeat, she is getting calm as she gets in the bathroom's sink and splashes some water on her face. Her legs feel weak suddenly like her energy was drained and she falls on her knees near the sink, thinking about what just happened.

' Maybe it's because of the treatment '

After 2 minutes, she gets up again and laid on her bed, when she starts to close her eyes, her uncle came almost crying and rushing to the room, holding her tightly, as Mina, Jihyo and Tzuyu entered the room along with Chaeyoung.

" I'm so glad you're well Dahyun " Her uncle sat on the chair near her and told how much he missed her.

She looked to the side to see the other girls as they got close and greeted her.

"Welcome back Dahyun " Jihyo said and smiled along with the others.

Dahyun almost didn't recognize her old group, Jihyo changed her hair from red to a brown that really suited her; Mina now has her hair black and shorter than before; Tzuyu it's with her brown hair in a ponytail, showing her cute face and pointy ears.

" I'm glad you guys came to check on me"

" Yeah, the others are in a mission" Tzuyu said looking down a little to her feet and then turning her gaze to Chaeyoung.

" They will be back soon" Mina tried to cut the mood brighter by smiling.

Dahyun frowned and looked to Chaeyoung, that seemed to know a little more.

"So, Jimin, Yoongi and Hirai went in a mission without you guys? " Dahyun questioned and Chaeyoung nodded her head.

" They went by Momo's father's orders, we're responding to the council since Seo it's not our Master anymore"

' Probably, she is still a puppet of her father after all' Dahyun thought.

'It's better if I don't even get close'

Tzuyu got closer to Chaeyoung and placed her hand in the latter's shoulder.

" Yeah, he is an instructor for the initial classes now " Tzuyu said in a low tone.

" So, we should let you rest or you want to catch up with some things? "

Jihyo smiled looking to the others, they nodded as Dahyun sat properly on the bed.

Her uncle lifted from the chair and started to get out of the room.

" I will let you girls talk, I will see you later my dear " He said goodbye.

" Thanks uncle. Now... " Dahyun shifts her gaze to Jihyo.

" Tell me everything"

Chaeyoung sat on the left side of the bed, Tzuyu on the right, Jihyo sat on the chair and Mina in the chair's arm, all of them looking at Dahyun.

" Are you sure you're well to listen Dahyun? " Chaeyoung asked a little concerned about her state.

" I am feeling energetic enough for that, I can eat some food but you guys can talk while I eat."

They all laughed and Mina left the room to call the nurse to bring Dahyun some food.

They talked about everything that came in mind about what changed those three years, well, almost everything, Dahyun didn't dare to ask about Momo nor the girls insisted in talk about her, she feels in her guts that she needs to keep a distance for the girl, or she will be in trouble. Nevertheless, they enjoyed each other's company as the night started to get darker and colder in the hospital's room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter