thirteen

Red River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The village Somin grew up had barely changed with the first sight, she still had that memories intact at least and that was the first place she thought since it wasn't that far compared to where they said their camp was located. Somin saw the abandoned place and wanted to cry happy tears and smile like had no tomorrow, all her happy memories were there, in that cold and abandoned place. She quickly found a place with enough space for the other nine girls to occupy.

" We can stay here. I don't think they will find us" Somin said entering the house, it was one of her neighbor's house in the past.

" Are you sure?" Chaeyoung asked to her.

" They usually don't go back to places they've already destroyed" Somin said showing where the room was for Tzuyu to let the passed out Dahyun down on the bed.

" How did you never escape for here?" Momo asked to the girl. Somin looked uncomfortable with the question.

" I've never got that far. Thank you" Somin bowed to them.

" We should thank you, without your help I don't know what would had happen" Jihyo said sitting on the floor and cracking her back. They all saw Somin looking down.

" You can all stay here but I should get going. I don't want to miss this chance" Somin said smiling.

" Are you sure?" Momo asked to the girl.

" Yes. I don't think I can stay here any longer. And it's my chance to disappear you know, I can't miss it" Somin said. They understood, after all, she barely escaped and that place had too many memories. So, they gave some supplies to her and Somin left, trying to find herself again and to restart her life somewhere really far from there.

The house was wide, just one floor and the furniture didn't look that old, but the dusty corners and spider webs told them the real time of that construction, nonetheless, it was enough for them. It had two rooms and a couch available to rest, it wasn't the most comfortable but at least it was there. Since it was already the middle of the night, the lights they lit were just enough to see a bit around because they couldn't call any attention. Jihyo closed the doors the best she could, changing the rest of the furniture to block any passage, it was like a bunker or shelter for them to occupy in the meantime. She saw Momo trying to help her and shook her head, knowing the girl was hurt both physically and emotionally, that one was hard to show her painful expressions, Jihyo knew that, it really had to be a big thing to crash Momo down but she is really worried about the latter.

" Go rest Momo" Jihyo patted Momo's back.

" It's okay" Momo said looking to see if the window was well locked.

" No, it's not. Your feet are bleeding" Jihyo said dragging the girl to the couch. Momo looked down to her feet a bit hesitating to see the damage.

" I will call Chaeyoung or Nayeon, don't you dare to move" Jihyo said narrowing her eyes to her. Momo nodded in understanding, resting her head down.

While Jihyo passed Mina, Sana and Jeongyeon, the trio was walking around checking the supplies in the house, soon, she soon found Tzuyu standing near a bedroom's door, clearly dozing off, that was a difficult sight to watch, usually the girl is so aware of her surroundings.

" Tzuyu? Are you ok?" Jihyo asked patting her shoulder.

" It's nothing" Tzuyu said with a faint smile.

" Where are the others?"

" Inside the room, checking on Dahyun" Tzuyu said trying to look okay, inside she was shaken, for no apparent reason. In fact, she wished she would be happy right there, they were together and safe but a feeling down was stopping her.

" Are you hurt or something?" Jihyo asked one more time, she can see the hurt in the other's eyes.

" Not physically, no" Tzuyu mumbled looking down.

" Oh, don't be like this, we'll be fine" Jihyo said giving the girl a hug.

" I know, it's just... I don't know... I'm afraid" Tzuyu said with her voice slightly cracking.

" We're protecting everyone so everything will work out. Are you worried about something specific?" Jihyo asked patting the girl's head and still hugging her.

" Honestly, just time" Tzuyu whispered.

" Hey, you'll have enough, don't rush yourself" Jihyo said as she read the other's mind, as if she knew about who Tzuyu was talking about and that was Chaeyoung.

" Thank you" Tzuyu said embracing her more tightly.

Seconds later, the door was open slowly, Chaeyoung was clearly frowning and thinking, she looked at Tzuyu and Jihyo still hugging at the hallway and passed them without saying a word. Jihyo indicated to Tzuyu to go talk to her but the latter shook her head. Jihyo glared and Tzuyu felt even her soul being threatened so she nodded, slowly trailing after Chaeyoung, that had entered the other room.

Jihyo proceeded her path, remembering that Momo was still waiting.

" Hey" She entered the room knocking on the door. Nayeon was sat beside Dahyun, checking her pulse.

" How is she?" Jihyo asked sitting on the other side.

" She will probably wake soon, it was just a scare" Nayeon said getting up.

" Momo needs you help... Her feet, I don't even know how she is still walking" Jihyo admitted sighing.

" Yeah, I've seen. Poor her, I'll help" Nayeon said slightly pouting.

They still had bandages, they cleaned the wounds and wrapped it safely but, the major problem was to find shoes for Momo to wear, she couldn't just walk around with her feet covered by what Nayeon had arranged to her, the bleeding had stopped, Momo was starting to feel the whole neglected pain from their walk.

" Let's look around to see if we can find some shoes" Mina suggested. She and Jeongyeon parted to look at the attic and the basement, the only places still unexplored.

Sana and Nayeon were sitting on the floor and decided to distribute their food and arrange where they were going to sleep, they only had snacks and cereal bars, the house had only two rooms that meant two beds and a couch to sleep. Jihyo was resting beside them while Momo was still on the couch, unmoved.

" I want to see her" Momo suddenly said.

" You can't walk any longer and she is sleeping" Nayeon responded referring to Dahyun and throwing a cereal bar at Momo.

" Eat, and then I'll take you there" Nayeon said starting to eat her own food.

" Thank you" Momo gave her a warm smile.

...

Chaeyoung was trying to understand why Tzuyu was sat at the end of the single bed she was laying and looking down. The younger girl had entered the room but didn't make a move to start a conversation until that time, Chaeyoung also didn't had any intention to talk so they were there a little too awkwardly. That was an unwelcomed feeling between the duo, they were never that weird around each other.

" We're ok, right?" Tzuyu softly spoke up.

" Tzu..." Chaeyoung said, it sounded so soft coming out of her lips, that made Tzuyu turn around to face her. Chaeyoung sat up just to sit on the other's side.

" I honestly don't know" Chaeyoung finally admitted.

" I really want to" She said looking at the other's face. But Tzuyu cut the stare by looking away to the door, trying to contain her own feelings. But she felt her hands becoming wet and her tears started fall straight down.

" I hate when you cry" Chaeyoung said pushing a strand of hair behind the other's ear. Tzuyu was still not looking at her.

" I also don't like it" Tzuyu was able to say with a little chuckle.

" As my best friend, I can trust you right? Can I tell you the truth?" Tzuyu asked fidgeting her slim fingers.

" Yes" Chaeyoung answered standing up, she walked in front of Tzuyu to match their heights, she couldn't just stand there and watch her friend crying so she tried to wipe her tears but the others held her hand, preventing her from reaching her face.

" I love you" Tzuyu said, still holding the other's hands and looking down.

"... I understand" Chaeyoung said painfully sad.

" And I don't want to hurt you again" She completed and proceeded to hug Tzuyu.

" I don't want to ask for more time either. Seeing you hurt makes me want to punch myself, I can't bear being the reason of your tears Tzu" Chaeyoung said, she can feel the girl sobbing against her chest but Tzuyu was still with her hands tucked and avoiding Chaeyoung's proximity, the latter was still hugging her but it wasn't reciprocal.

" It's o-ok Chae" Tzuyu said between sobs.

" I know it's not. We can't just stay like this" Chaeyoung said with all her courage, Tzuyu lifted her head in surprise.

" As a friend, I can say that I love you, but the way you love me it's kind of new for me you know. And I want you to be part of my world until the end Tzu, we can make this work" Chaeyoung said with her head down a little afraid of Tzuyu's answer.

" Are you serious?" She asked not believing. Chaeyoung nodded. Tzuyu hugged her tightly.

" I don't want to be far from you" Chaeyoung said, she was trying to lift Tzuyu's face but the girl was trying to avoid her from seeing her state of tears.

" I don't want to be far from you too, it hurts" Tzuyu cracked against her. Chaeyoung didn't want to spill any more tears but her heart doesn't feel like stopping when they started to fall down, she closed her eyes still hugging the girl, Tzuyu was starting to calm down but she was feeling so sad for even causing all of that.

"I'm sorry" Chaeyoung said cleaning her own tears. Tzuyu had stopped crying and lifted her head to the other. She held Chaeyoung's cheeks to stop the tears from falling down.

" It's okay, we'll figure it out" Tzuyu said grinning to the other. Chaeyoung grinned as well and placed their foreheads together. The latter was standing between Tzuyu's legs as the other smiled at her, she let Tzuyu hug her one more time and placed her head above the girl's head.

" Tzuyu, Chaeyoung. You two have to eat something" They heard what sounded like Jihyo knocking on the door.

" Just a minute" Tzuyu said.

" Alright but we still have to organize so don't take too long" Jihyo said leaving and shaking her head.

" Should we go?" Tzuyu asked cleaning Chaeyoung's cheeks with her thumbs.

" Let's calm down a little" Chaeyoung suggested since they probably looked a mess.

...

" I miss my bed" Mina said. She was laying on the floor of the living room, with her head on Sana's lap while the others discussed about where they were going to sleep. Mina had just come back from the basement, where they were able to found some pairs of shoes and luckily, one almost fit Momo's feet but with a little adjusts, the latter wasn't walking with bare feet anymore.

" Is my lap not good enough for you?" Sana asked sarcastically. Mina shook her head a bit.

" It's not that, but a bed is another thing you know, better, especially my own" Mina explained.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter