four

Red River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Momo woke up with Dahyun shivering in her embrace, she was sweating and looked as pale as ever, her breathing was unstable. Momo placed her hand on Dahyun's forehead and saw that the latter was burning in fever, she panicked and got up trying to not awake Dahyun to look for some towels to wipe her sweat and decrease her fever. She got on the bathroom's sink, that luckily was still working and wet the towel on the water. Then she got into the room to wake Dahyun.

" Dahyun, wake up" She said softly and took the hair that was sticking to Dahyun's forehead.

After some minutes, Dahyun opened her eyes lazily and placed her hand over Momo's on her forehead. Momo saw that Dahyun's eyes were glowing a deep shade of red.

Momo bravely took Dahyun's hand on her own.

" You're burning in fever" 

Dahyun nodded as Momo placed the towel on her forehead.

" I don't have any medicine so we need to move quickly before you get worse" Momo said as she got up to wet the towel again.

As soon as Momo got back on the room, Dahyun was up and sat on the bed.

" You have to rest " Momo said getting closer.

" Don't come closer Momo... My chest hurts and honestly, the only thing I want it's to rip your throat right now" Momo stopped her tracks, her heart jumped scared.

" What should I do?"  Momo asked firmly.

" For now, give me some minutes alone but... I think it's getting worst, it's starting to burn" Dahyun said touching .

Momo went out of the room and closed the door. Dahyun laid on the bed again and dug her nails on her palms trying to stop herself from hurting Momo. The blood thirst she was feeling almost took over her.

Some minutes later, Dahyun got out of the room and saw Momo curled up in the couch staring at the ceiling.

" Momo, I think I'm better now."

Momo looked up to her and Dahyun walked closer to sit at her side.

The sun was still coming up and the weather was cold, sending chill air to them. Momo embraced Dahyun's waist and she put her head on Momo's shoulder.

" What about your arm?"  Dahyun asked.

" It's much better, in about one day it will be healed"

" Good"

They stood like that for a few minutes, Momo closing her eyes to enjoy the moment.

" Let's eat and then leave" She said and got up.

" Okay"

They ate, talked a bit and prepared their things to leave. Momo was worried that Dahyun couldn't make to their destination in that state, none of them understands what is happening to her, because it hasn’t any register about anything related.

***********************************

Many hours later, they were on a highway and can see many cars passing by them, the tall trees in there covered them, making shadows crawn into the road, since the sun was starting to set. Everything was calm between them, until Dahyun clenched Momo tightly. She parked on the side of the road and asked if something was wrong.

" It's happening again"

Dahyun was starting to sweat.

Momo got on the bike and told Dahyun to calm down.

' Luckily it has some town near ' Momo entered in a road to what seemed a town and speeds the bike.

It was a small town, oddly enough, nobody was on the streets, everything seemed dead on a certain point because, from what it looks like, the town was abandoned. Momo decided to go to the only building that looked like a small hospital in there. She parked her motorcycle and Dahyun followed her lazily, with Momo embracing her waist for support.

Before they get inside Dahyun clenched her tightly again.

" Momo... I can feel something there, let's go back"

Dahyun eyes sparkled a deep shade of red.

" Maybe there is help there, try to calm down"

Once they got inside, the place seemed like a scenario of a battle, dead corpses on the floor and fresh blood on the walls and ground making both flinch, Momo saw bite marks and slashed throats and rapidly knew that was the work of vampires.

Dahyun looked hungry to be exact, her facial expression converted from scare to delight in seeing that much of chaos. Momo only hugged her and covered her head, her pulse so close from Dahyun's fangs, she shivered in fear when she felt Dahyun's claws dig on her back near her spine, ripping the skin, making slides of blood stain her shirt. Dahyun resistance was remarkable trying not to bite Momo when every cell of her body said so.

" Let's go!"  Momo let Dahyun free and ran to the door holding her hand, but a loud noise was heard behind them. They looked back and saw the incredible, about 5 people seemed to point guns at them, making them freeze in place.

" Don't move, you monster"

Momo was confused when she heard one of them saying that.

" It's not what it looks like" She said firmly and finally noticing that they had a vampire hostage in the back of the group.

They still had their guns up and ready to shoot, but Momo tried to get close, leaving Dahyun a little behind her back.

" We are not vampires, we just need help" Momo took a step forward.

" DON'T COME FORWARD" Some guy yelled.

This made Dahyun a little bit startled and looked at them. They looked terrified at Dahyun's claws and fangs when she got in clear sight.

" A vampire" One of them said.

" NO" Momo said loudly.

The next thing Dahyun felt was a sting on her arm. One of them had shot at her, it was such a mistake because this made her finally snap.

The guy that shot at them didn't even see her coming, just when the red blood of his open throat came on his sight he realized what just happened. Dahyun sprinted so fast and killed him so easily, since he was the first in sight, she let him die slowly while watching her all the blood out of his partner's veins, even the vampire on the back didn't survive because the girl snatched his neck out of his body.

Momo saw the whole thing too shocked to even move, she had to admit that the woman she loves is a genius monster, she never had seen so much precision and veracity in killing. She was terrified.

" Dahyun..."  She called weakly, her eyes were facing the back of the younger girl and only could see the blood sliding from her claws.

Dahyun turned around and Momo's heart softened when she saw the tears escaping from Dahyun's eyes, she wasn't even blinking just crying, blood all over her and eyes her brown orbs again, she was back to normal.

Momo looked to the corpses again and decided to ignore them, she grabbed Dahyun by the arm and took her out of that mess.

They got out of the building and Momo hugged the girl, she was still crying and in shock to say a word.

" Don't cry" Momo wiped her tears.

Dahyun looked down and tried to walk away from Momo but she pulled her closer.

" I-I'm sorry" Her words almost failed.

" It's okay... I guess is who you are now" Momo said and placed Dahyun's hair behind her ear.

" Look at me"

She looked lazily at her.

" I'm a monster " Dahyun cried out.

Momo interlocked their hands, mixing both blood and tears, they looked deeply into each other eyes.

" We will figure this out, for now let's go to some place safe" Momo said kissing Dahyun's forehead.

It was explained the lack of people in the town, it was a massacre in there. It was dark already, they have to find some place safe to stay, the old house near the border of the massacred town looked nice for them, actually it was the only place that didn't have a bunch of corpses and blood scattered.

Momo cleaned the wound on her back and changed her clothes, Dahyun got to clean herself, the shot she took marked her skin but it healed so fast that was incredible for her to be able to. After she cleaned up her clothes and took the longest shower of her life, she saw Momo facing the moon sat on a couch near the window, she almost cried at the sight, the things she made Momo do for her, it burns her heart to think about what Momo feels in leaving all behind like that. Luckily Momo's arm was practically healed but it somehow left a scar she won't never forget. She came close as Momo continued deep in thought.

" Are you ok?" Dahyun asked sitting by her side and pinching her cheeks playfully. The latter nodded and snuggled closer to Dahyun, burring her head on her neck and brushing her nose to take Dahyun's scent on her senses.

Dahyun patted her head and kissed softly. Momo got back a little and stared into her eyes, despite the energetic Dahyun, they looked so sad, she leaned and gave a quick kiss on her lips, which made Dahyun gasp on the action. They locked hands and Momo pulled Dahyun enough to make the other sit on her lap, as Dahyun breath heavily and blushed madly once she felt Momo's warm body against hers, she looked down trying to avoid her eyes. Momo noticed Dahyun's heart pounding crazily like her own and slide her hands on Dahyun's thighs; that made the other look at her, she cupped Momo's cheeks and kissed her softly, Momo pulled her even closer and fully kissed her, now letting her hands roam on Dahyun's waist, the touch made the younger's skin almost burn making her nibble her bottom lip.

The full moon was shining against them, as they kissed their problems away trying to forget what happened and the concerns surrounding that day. However, even trying to forget, Momo couldn't, when she still tasted a bit of the blood of Dahyun's victims on their passionate kiss.

*********************************

Meanwhile, the head of the Hirai family didn't leave the town but he sent his men after his daughter. However, Momo's strategy was enough to luckily mislead them. He also sent some people after their friends when he realized that they disappeared too. He was full of rage about his daughter's behavior, at some point he even blamed her mother for encouraging her to do such things.

At the moment, he is taking some measures about the recent attacks near the town. He is in his office planning some things, when someone knocked on the door.

" Come in"

The person came quickly inside of the room. The person bowed and stared, afraid of his commander's reaction.

" Sir, we need more men, another attack has happened." 

He looked to the person angrily.

" You have enough warriors. The other ones are tracking my ungrateful daughter" He said firmly.

" But si-" 

They were interrupted by Momo's mother, his wife, entering the room. She looked determined.

" Don't send more men after our daughter, she did nothing wrong" She said firmly. He smirked at her.

" She did nothing wrong you say... How about abandoning her family?! " He stood up and banged his palms on his desk. The person on the room flinched and tried to run away, but received a glare that made he froze in place.

" Please, she was just following her heart. Don't blame her for loving someone" She said somehow calm.

He came from behind his desk and walked around her, trying to maintain calm.

" That girl, deserves to die for making my daughter run away from her duty" He clenched his fist tightly.

" You're wrong, she doesn't have to. You just can't see how strong your daughter is, and how wrong you treat he-"

" ENOUGH" She was cut off.

" I don't have to hear this nonsense from you! " He came closer and grabbed her arm, she flinched but tried to maintain her serious face.

" If I say that thing deserves to die, she will die!"  He yelled at her.

" You will regret doing this" She said.

" Shut up" He grabbed her more strongly. He saw bits of tear forming on her eyes and loosened the grip.

" Leave" He said to her.

" But..."  She tried to speak.

" I said LEAVE. Or I will make you."  He glared at her while she went out.

" And you" He looked at the man that was on the room.

" Plan something with the warriors you have"

" Y-Yes sir" The man responded him and immediately left the room.

He sat on his chair again and contemplated his actions. He was sure that he didn't raise Momo to be stabbed in the back like he felt now so, he blamed Dahyun for making her run away. And in his twisted mind, he already hated Dahyun just for being who she is, now he believes that he has a reason to kill her and bring his daughter back.

The command was to, first, capture her friends to be interrogated and then bring Momo back and kill Dahyun.

He leaned back on his chair and smirked thinking about the brilliant plan that he has for Momo's future.

' You will see, my daughter... '

Meanwhile, his wife looked so upset by his actions. It hurts her deeply in seeing someone so blind with power, she hopes that he could see Momo's wishes and opinions but he just became more angry and obsessive.

********************************

In the woods, Mina leaded the way, followed by Jihyo and then Chaeyoung and Tzuyu on the back, the younger was with her bow and some weapons, while Chaeyoung carried her things.

It's been a day since they left the town, the sun was starting to come up, finally sending more clarity to them.

" Mina, can you tell us where are we going? " Tzuyu asked from the back.

Mina stopped and turned around. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter