ten

Red River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:I'm trying to make sense here, hope it's working :)

 

 

Ayato's eyes darkened in anger looking at Momo's father smirking at him that morning. He came back with a plan in his mind and it was about to be executed. Seconds later, a crack was heard in the back of the room and a man holding a big sword pointed it to Hirai's throat, he looked terrified to Ayato and the man he recognized as Dahyun's father.

" What's happening here?" Hirai spit out.

The plan was for Ayato to distract him while Kim fooled the guards and entered Hirai's office, (how he did that is only for him to know) expecting to surprise him from behind, and it actually worked.

" Payback, I think" Ayato said smirking.

" The board will know about this and you'll be screwed Minatozaki" Hirai said with anger.

" I don't think so. They don't need you Hirai" Ayato said.

" I could just kill you right here" Kim said taking a step forward and clenching the sword until it made a small wound on Hirai's neck.

" But I have a plan to stick with. You will suffer" Kim completed putting the sword down.

With that they successfully locked Hirai in the prison after capturing him, it was easier than they thought and Ayato had the accusations to keep him there legally with Jinyoung's testimony. Keeping that guy out of the power was a great thing because right after his prison, several evidences were found hidden in his office that indicated all a conspiracy to climb to power of all the region, not just the pack. That would have been catastrophic considering the vampires attacking around like that.

Ayato decided to reunite the board to explain things, they often came together to discuss after the girls left because an informant that spied on Sana's pack saw then there so they all surprisingly knew their whereabouts, less Hirai of course. What Ayato and the rest of the board didn't expect was the latest events about that pack leaving to battle so suddenly.

" What? When?" He asked the messenger that knew the informant who told it to them.

" Yesterday" The guy said.

" Right, you can leave" Ayato indicated and rubbed his temples.

" Are you saying that my daughter is fighting?" Chaeyoung's father asked raising his voice in preoccupation.

" We don't know but probably, all of your daughters" Ayato said pointing at the members of the board. At that moment Dahyun's father came in the room and everyone was surprised.

" What's he doing here?" Tzuyu's mother asked.

" He is part of the plan now" Ayato said serious, no one dared to argue.

" I've come here to say that your niece left sooner than I thought" Kim said also with a hint of worry, that could ruin his plans.

" What are you talking about?" Ayato said and they all looked at Kim expecting a proper answer.

" I sent her a clue behind her father's murder but she was just supposed to join us later in battle" He explained serious.

" Why did you do that? She wasn't supposed to know" Ayato said and clenched the other's collar.

" Calm down... I didn't expect it either and it's her right to know even of you didn't want to tell her how your brother died, I didn't tell her why though" Dahyun's father said and the other slowly released him.

" Now what?"

" They can't fight them alone, they will probably be massacred. We have to fight and now" Kim said to the board. They looked at each other suspiciously.

" IT'S NOW OR NEVER" He yelled at them.

" Alright" Chaeyoung's father broke their stares.

" So, we'll join them. It's a war now" Ayato said and most of the people in the room looked down worried.

" We have to leave today, I know where they are, but I don't know if we're going to be fast enough. This could ruin everything" Dahyun's father said.

" Alright. Let's go, I have a pack to lead" Ayato said calling them all to get ready. Even if they left at that moment, Sana's pack had the advantage of one day so yet, following the shortest path, that gap could cost their lives.

*********************************************************************

A loud noise could be heard through the silence of their improvised shelter, Momo almost jumped in place, she was sat down shirtless and changing the bandages of her back when Dahyun woke up rubbing her eyes, the sun was faintly covering them and most of the time seemed like sunrise but they know the sun had come up some time ago.

" I think they've managed to pass" Momo said while Dahyun stretched, all her body was hurting because of the position she slept.

" At least" Momo completed wearing her shirt again and getting up. She was oddly serious that hour, maybe from preoccupation or tiredness.

" Are you ok?" Dahyun asked sitting by her side.

" Fine" Momo said and gave a sad smile. The silence after that buzzed in Dahyun's ears, she saw Momo getting up and packing the backpack.

" Let's go find them" She said passing the bag to Dahyun, that nodded and trailed behind her between the rocks. The older girl was thinking, a weird feeling in her head made her wonder about a lot of stuff and that was unusual to her, she doesn't have the tendency to overthinking but that was happening and she certainly doesn't feel good about it. Her concerns were catching up to her but she did her best to shrug that off because she was never the one to see life behind worried thoughts, mostly comfortable thoughts of escaping their incapacities filled her mind and she can't let that change, the last thing she needs is to lose herself. Momo isn't exactly great in understand things as they are but she is remarkably good in seeing what others can't, like she saw in the loner Dahyun the love she wasn't expecting or like she can see that there's something really off since she woke up. Maybe in the air and ground, on the large trees around there or the now taken down rocks from the debris barrier that once blocked the other's way, like tiny vibrations around telling her to stand still, she wasn't that dumb to unnoticed them. Momo preferred to hold Dahyun's hand to shrug that off, she saw Jihyo happily waving at them and running in their direction along with the almost hundreds of warriors they were together with before, but that tiny group of distinct girls always stand out among them.

" Are you guys ok?" Jihyo asked like a concerned mother, checking any injuries they had. Momo as dozing off and failed to noticed the other's looks in her direction.

" Hm, let's say that now we are" Dahyun answered in their favor.

" What happened?" Sana asked because they all saw the broken motorcycle on the road.

" Vampires. About ten but we took care of them" Dahyun said gulping down.

" What? How? , it was a trap" Chaeyoung said.

" But with only ten..." Tzuyu said a little too low.

" Right. I don't think they were expecting for us to cross so soon" Mina said thinking hard with her hand on her chin.

" That means... By now the trap would be settled" Jihyo said widening her eyes.

" And the first ten were here to prepare... The trap can't be executed I think, they don't have their informants anymore" Dahyun said, her head was actually hurting by the time.

" Let's proceed carefully" Jihyo said walking to the cars, that didn't pass yet, the others were behind already waiting for them to find Momo and Dahyun.

They entered the cars all over again but this time, the nine of them were together. Momo sat quietly by Sana's side, with Mina and Dahyun facing them.

" Are you ok?" Sana said to Momo, the latter was looking down to her feet.

" Uhm? Fine" Momo said shifting on her place.

But deep down, the feeling as still there, the insecurity.

' Stupid brain, stop' She thought hitting her own head. That made Sana and Dahyun look at her curiously.

" Are you sure? You're hurt, aren't you? " Sana asked again, it was weird to see the other girl with such a sad expression, unlike the blank one she has when dozing off.

" It's healing, so it's fine" Momo said smiling at her. Sana nodded.

" I'll check out with Chae or Nayeon later" Momo said and the other kept nodding until she focused her attention elsewhere.

Momo looked, more like stared, at Dahyun who was trying to explain what happened with them.

" Ah, you should have seen, she kicked the pillar so hard that came down right in their faces and then boom, there were more of them, we had to fight. It was kind of scary" Dahyun said in her own way, making Momo giggle.

" Right? Everything happened so fast" Dahyun said to Momo to tell them.

" We nailed it" Momo said nodding, she preferred to join the conversation than worrying too much, leaving everything at the back of her head.

...

The worries Momo thought made sense after all, blue glistening eyes gazed upon the line of cars getting far away, sprinting deeper into the dangerous woods, a loner vampire smirked already ready to warn to others to be ready, they are coming. He got on a bike and knew the easier way to warn the other vampires to be ready. The girls had be being watched all that time and had no idea about it, that pair of eyes followed them until that moment but now the plan must proceed from their side.

******************************************************************

Dahyun's father decided to visit the head of Hirai clan to give to him a last warning of his upcoming revenge. After that he joined the others, there is someone he has to kill before Hirai and that was the most complicated part because he knew that his own daughter was heading for the vampire he wants so much to extinguish at that moment. Their preparations were incredibly fast and by the calculations, taking the fastest course, they would be there in a difference of a day compared to the girls. That meant that Sana's pack had to win at least the first day of battle, even without knowing what waits for them.

*********************************************************************

The next few hours a pouring rain settled outside, Jeongyeon sighed while Sana frowned looking the soaked road they were passing by, the water splashed heavily on the sand-road. Momo was drawing in a piece of paper Nayeon gave to her, Jihyo was just staring at the drawing trying to understand the abstract lines in there made for just one blue pen they had in the car. Chaeyoung was sleeping and didn't feel when her head fell on Tzuyu's arm, the latter just let her be, there is nothing more that she can possibly do, just hope. Dahyun was the one still hyped and talking with Mina and eventually Sana about anything to distract themselves. They weren't thinking much or paying attention but a bump on the road made them go back to reality as Momo's pen fell on the ground and she pouted, Jihyo leaned and picked up, too much for the other's happiness that spread a wide grin on her face.

"Are we near?" Chaeyoung asked still with her eyes closed.

" Almost" Nayeon answered, she was looking outside and biting her nails.

Suddenly Chaeyoung felt something clearly softer than the hard structure of the car and realized that her head was rested elsewhere, her eyes wide open just to see Tzuyu's arm and the latter looking down at her.

" S-sorry" Chaeyoung said straightening on her seat.

" It's okay" Tzuyu mumbled.

The other looked down pretending that nothing happened and that she wasn't afraid of talking how she feels to Tzuyu. The number of things running in her mind made her stutter and be reluctant in even approaching the other girl, looking at her eyes was the hardest because she knows that behind them hides the pain she let the girl feel.

" Did you find your backpack Momo?" Mina asked after hearing all the story that Dahyun was telling her.

" Actually, no" Momo answered finishing her drawn and passing it to Jihyo, that just put in her pocket.

" And your bow?" Jihyo asked.

" No" Momo said whining.

" Do we have any to give to her?" Mina asked to Sana, the latter looked at Nayeon.

" I think so" Nayeon said shrugging her shoulders.

" Good" Jihyo said patting Momo's head.

A lightning striking outside made Momo flinch and get closer with Jihyo, the terrified look of Sana made Mina hold her hands and even Jeongyeon tried to cover herself from nothing because of the scare.

" What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter