seven

Red River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Following his instincts, he couldn't help but overthinking about everything. At the town, Minatozaki Ayato was still trying to understand why they were attacked again, at least this time no one was killed. The abandoned building in the town surroundings seemed the perfect place to hide something. What he understood is that Jimin and Yoongi were the only ones at the scene and knew that Hirai maybe be behind what happened in the place, so he decided that it was wiser to reunite them to interrogate.

" Mind to explain what was going on there?"  He asked to Jimin, that looked really nervous.

" We were just guarding, sir" Jimin said.

Ayato looked to the other guy in front of him with a creepy smile, Momo's father understood why he was there as Ayato was expecting an answer. They were in his office sat in front of each other with Jimin and Suga by his side.

" I have nothing to explain to you Minatozaki, mind your own business" Hirai said. Ayato, as the Alpha didn't expect that kind of resistance because that subject matters to all of the pack.

" Just because you have a place on the board doesn't mean you can surpass my orders Hirai" He said smirking to him. Momo's father clenched his fist because he knows that all subjects of the pack have to pass by the Alpha.

" What are you expecting for me to say? That I was doing some illegal for you to use against me on the board? I am not stupid" He said.

Minatozaki Ayato may be soft as a leader sometimes, or at least is what people say about him, but he is certainly smarter than everyone thinks. Beforehand he already knew what was going on, that Hirai had someone as hostage, he always had to deal with the head of the Hirai clan and obviously noticed the disappearance of his friend Jinyoung. After all of this, someone may ask what is he doing confronting the others like that since he already knows that his friend was missing but here is the thing, besides all his knowledge, he still doesn't know why Jinyoung was taken hostage and he strongly believes that it has to do with the attacks. Maybe Hirai knows something or he believes that Jinyoung knew something, that has to be the reason behind this guy taking his friend to interrogation at that building. The fact that surprised him was that someone else took Jinyoung, he doesn't know if he was rescued or kidnapped, but both may be a problem because if he was rescued that means that he probably knew who is behind all of that mess.

At that moment, he sighed patiently.

' Maybe now it's the time '

He looked the others in the eyes.

" You two, leave" Ayato pointed at Jimin and Yoongi. They bowed and left the room.

" I know you know something about the attacks. As I know that Jinyoung was in that building" Ayato simply said.

He clenched his jaw in annoyance and kept quiet.

" It's better if you tell me, I can handle this better" Ayato said.

Hirai thought about it and realized that this time, defying the Alpha wouldn't be a good choice.

" I don't think you can handle this better because the person that I believe is behind the attacks... May make you run away from here to find them. And no, Jinyoung didn't crack a word, I've thought about everything all by myself "

Ayato looked to him surprised.

" Spill "

" Think a little... These things only started recently... And Jinyoung was rescued, I don't know if you noticed but Seo also disappeared this morning" Hirai said smirking.

Ayato got up and walked thinking, side to side of the room he contemplated and connected the dots he unfortunately refused to see before. The timing was precise, it's probably a person that knows the pack from inside out, the methods were clean and the presence of Jinyoung in the plans would make everything easier for the person behind all of that.

'... ... It can't be... I thought he would never come back '

" I think you were just in denial to not notice your ' friend ' method"

" It can't be him" Ayato said.

" His daughter is already a disappointment, why wouldn't he be? And speaking about her, all of this just started when she got awake from her coma" Hirai said annoyed.

" We've banished him after all"

" He is not the first wolf we've banished"

" THINK... 'Alpha '" Hirai said.

' Jinyoung wouldn't betrayal us with anyone, but him... I don't know'

It actually makes sense when Ayato thought a bit. He has a fine relation with all the other packs around them and always serve with their purposes as a pack. But he can't believe that his proclaimed friend and Dahyun's father could do something like attacking his pack... Or old pack... If this is really happening it has to have a really good explanation.

Hirai was surprised when Ayato smirked.

" Thanks for the info" He said and left the room.

Momo's father realized what he just did, he didn't only admit to kidnap Jinyoung but told all the information he has to the guy he wants to surpass.

He doesn't know what he is going to do now but according to Jimin, only three guys attacked the building but, deep down he knows that the 'enemy' is strong and it's just waiting to attack again.

********************************************************************

Momo and Jihyo greeted Sana happily when they walked into the kitchen that morning. Sana however was staring at her food and spacing out.

" What's wrong?" Momo asked to her friend.

Sana sighed and looked at her.

" Nothing, apparently"

" What do you mean?"

Sana hesitated and tried to smile.

" Last night, we think that we figured out about the direction of our enemies" Sana said serious.

" I would congratulate but you don't sound happy about it" Jihyo said.

" I am happy but since we are not sure, some of us will take the lead to find them"

" And?" Momo sat by her side.

" I am going with them" Sana said still serious about it. She usually isn't the one that go into fights but this time it seemed so necessary for her to be there, she is the only one that can face the monsters that killed her father since her brothers are the Alphas and don't fight in the front line. Her brothers were the ones working all night to find the location so, she felt that she had work to do.

For their surprise, at the moment she said that, Mina walked into the kitchen only listening the rest of the conversation. Momo looked shocked and Jihyo only stared at her.

Mina looked at Sana and saw her preoccupation.

" Where are you going?"  Mina asked without hesitating. Sana lowered her head.

" I am going with the others in the front line"

" To where?" 

" Fight, the vampires... " Sana said, she wasn't exactly sad about leaving to fight, she was preoccupied whether her training would be enough.

Initially, Mina came to the kitchen to find something to eat but she wasn't that hungry anymore.

" Why?"  Mina asked sitting by her other side. Momo was the first to understand why Sana had to do that so she didn't say a thing and just nodded to her friend.

" I have to" Sana said.

" But... You're not a warrior" Mina said curious. Sana was more prepared to lead than to fight.

Jihyo was near the sink trying to think about a solution, an idea came into mind, she wasn't sure if it was a good one but it was surely the right one.

" What if we go with you?" Jihyo said looking at them.

Momo smiled hopefully, that way she could try to protect everyone.

" I can't ask something like that" Sana said.

" I'm more than happy to join" Jihyo said.

" Me too" Momo said hugging Sana from the side.

" I am going too" Mina said.

" Mina, I don't want you to get hurt" Sana said.

" What about me?" Momo said narrowing her eyes to Sana.

" Anyone of you" 

" You don't decide that Sana, if you're going I am going too" Mina said confidently.

" This way we can protect each other, and we're all trainees for these kind of situations" Jihyo said.

" Think about it, it's the best idea" Momo said with her thumbs up. Sana wasn't sure that it was the best idea, they just came back in her life and losing them would be awful, even the ones she just met.

" Are you sure?"  Sana asked Mina.

" I am, and besides we're more prepared than you" Mina said smiling.

" Right, but what about the others?" 

" They will come too. Me and Tzuyu are already healed so no problem about that" Jihyo said sipping her coffee.

" Thank you" Sana said to them.

They warned the others about everything and they agreed to join the battle, gladly their hopes would be fulfilled in finally beating their enemies.

...

The preparations were going to be made all day so they didn't had time to play around, just to pack their stuff and practice harder before leaving.

Jihyo was the first to enter the shooting range in there, it had targets to arrows and knives, the last one she was used to train with Mina and thought about giving it a try this time.

Sana and Mina were organizing stuff in the house together with the Alphas to make things quick.

Momo and Dahyun were practicing close combat that they were lacking in while the youngers fight with swords, by the way, Tzuyu wasn't exactly talking with Chaeyoung, she was still awkward about the latter after all. Chaeyoung obviously noticed and tried to approach but with no avail, it looked like Tzuyu wasn't going to break, she was more like letting Chaeyoung away from her to avoid further disappointment.

" Are you going to ignore me?"  Chaeyoung asked when they stopped to rest. They were sat outside, where the wind was cooling them nicely.

" I am not ignoring you" Tzuyu answered coldly.

' I couldn't even if I tried '

" I'm so sorry" Chaeyoung really felt like she was losing her closest friend and that couldn't happen, not when she is about to go in a battle. Yet, Tzuyu just nodded to her.

' Why is she doing this?!' Chaeyoung thought losing her patience.

" Tzu, I have to say that you are making me worry about you, talk to me "

' Now she cares '

" There is nothing wrong" Tzuyu said calmly. Chaeyoung was starting to get mad.

" I can see the way you are treating me and it hurts ok. We're going on a huge battle and still you're being cold. Aren't you worried about us never getting alive out of it?" She said worried. Actually, Chaeyoung was confused, she was asking herself the same things all over again since she saw Tzuyu like that, about how she truly feels about her, she knows that the pain of losing the girl can't be described into words and wonders a lot about the way she likes her. She spent a long time, especially in their ride to there thinking about Tzuyu and the way that the girl is precious and special also not as a friend. Chaeyoung wondered about Tzuyu being something more to her and she found an answer that she already knew, Tzuyu already is something more. Chaeyoung didn't realize until the day that Tzuyu confessed how the other girl's words can affect her, how her actions can make everything better or worse. Now she is more confused and in the same time clarified; confused about her feelings but clarified in one thing, she can never lose Tzuyu.

" It hurts you... Now you know what I feel every time I worry about you, and every time you reject me when I try to approach. How can I open up when you already know how I feel about you? Of course, I am worried..." Tzuyu said, she was incredibly exhausted about everything surrounding Chaeyoung and she couldn't handle anymore the excruciating feeling that her heart feels when the latter looks at her like she was looking.

" I am sorry. At first, I thought that after you said that our friendship wouldn't be affected, I was clearly wrong. I want my friend back, the same Tzuyu that laughed of my lame jokes and made silly faces. "

"I know you're sorry, I get it, but you keep making everything worse. How can I be like that if you know about everything now and keeps hurting me? I know I am being selfish and stupid but I can't handle it, I'm weak ok" Tzuyu said trying not to cry, she felt like everything around her was falling apart and got up quickly, she wanted to run but her legs were froze in place. She softened when she felt a hand on her own and got pulled to a hug, Chaeyoung was tip toeing but reached Tzuyu's cheek to give a light kiss on there.

' What does this mean? '

Tzuyu started to cry and embraced the small frame of Chaeyoung. Being the shorter one, she hugged Tzuyu's waist and placed her head on her chest.

" Is that what you want?"  Chaeyoung mumbled.

Tzuyu breathed heavily and felt her cheeks and ears burning, tears are still leaving her eyes and she is shocked. She looked bravely to Chaeyoung and lifted her chin.

" N- No" She cupped Chaeyoung's cheeks, that were also deep red.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter